Inflation?!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Followed by a 'crisis' budget no doubt. I remember living through 16% interest rates, where 10% interest was the norm ! Black Wednesday and cap in hand to the IMF. Then there was the mortgage scandal in the U.S Fanny May or whatever which slithered over here, so what can we, the members of the public do ? nothing. Its all in the hands of those we see on the tele but we're the ones taking the brunt. I can't cut back on takeaway coffees because I don't buy them, and being brought up in the age of no central heating, eiderdowns and hot water bottles, I'll keep warm, with stews and soups if necessary. We'll get through, we always do..... somehow.

This sums it all up nicely

Cartoon Boris bus no driver 243248418_ (2).jpg

Or to house students in Glasgow who may have to give up their courses because they can't find any affordable accommodation :mad: My nephew is one of them.

CC
My nephew went to Uni in Edinburgh and housing was really really expensive. He ended up sharing a small flat with 2 others and his bed was literally a wooden plinth topped with a mattress and built into an alcove. The cost of the flat even with 3 of them sharing, was downright ridiculous and you couldn`t swing a cat in it. They had a shared bathroom with other flats and their so called kitchen was no bigger than another alcove with just a sink, one tiny wall cupboard and a 2 ring hob.

I love toast and I don’t mind beans (never heated, straight from the tin) but I hate anything wet other than real butter on toast.
I have had to stop eating bread as it has started to upset my stomach. When I did eat bread it had to be on a separate plate to scrambled eggs or baked beans. I couldn't dip bread in soup either.

Followed by a 'crisis' budget no doubt. I remember living through 16% interest rates, where 10% interest was the norm ! Black Wednesday and cap in hand to the IMF. Then there was the mortgage scandal in the U.S Fanny May or whatever which slithered over here, so what can we, the members of the public do ? nothing. Its all in the hands of those we see on the tele but we're the ones taking the brunt. I can't cut back on takeaway coffees because I don't buy them, and being brought up in the age of no central heating, eiderdowns and hot water bottles, I'll keep warm, with stews and soups if necessary. We'll get through, we always do..... somehow.
Yes I remember the 16% interest rates. I think the problem with the Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac was they used to lend to high risk borrowers (sub prime) I think it was.

As I've gotten older I have massively reduced my intake of bread, not so much as it upsets my stomach, but more of having it 'sit' on my chest, like it needs pushing down. My digestion in general has changed entirely tbh, whereas I could eat anything anytime before, but now I don't eat anything at least 6 hours before I go to bed or I'm continually burping all night. Growing old eh ?

Pastry of any kind does me in. I feel like I have a rod of fire straight up the middle of me. I love a pie and a pasty as well. No more.

CC

Latest posts

Back