Andi Peters’s Meats

• Thread starter Deleted member 21838
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I thought Lulu was still in the Tower for crimes against vinyl for I’m a Tiger? I certainly would not want to be some submissive QVC studio underling that inadvertently trod on her foot, or even worse, her ego.

Apparently when the new film 'Sidney' (aka Sidney Poitier) was being reviewed, Lulu did herself a misservice by suddenly belting out To Sir With Love - it did not go down well, according to insiders.

That (To Sir With Love) was actually a fantastic film in my view - however sanitised the portrayal of a dead rough east London 1960s’ school was. I do think she has/had a wonderfully raunchy and then poignant when needed singing voice. But she has always come across to me at least as somebody who could be rather difficult off set. Purely an opinion of course.

What a lovely, lovely show. Wonderful Dale and Marvellous Andy surrounded by meats and pastries, and chocolates and cakes…They are an incredible combination of bouncing off one another. Peters, and his quick witted one liners, and trusty Dale (I bought a Vodafone pager in 1997 from CVQ purely because of him). If only QVC could be them, all day long - that would be shopping telly paradise.

An interesting meat pack was on show this evening. Gammon, Burkey Trest, Topside of Beef and other things. In fairness to the previous euphoria, this seems a tad pricey and perhaps not the most economical way to buy your Christmas carnivoreness fix. Mum, in the early 1970s, always cooked up a topside roast at Yuletide. After a huge row with Dad stamping on my It’s A Knockout game in a drunken fit of rage, and Mum weeping in the kitchen, a Christmas lunch was finally served. As I remember, the topside tasted like Tuf Wayfinders shoe leather, but with no compass in the sole to make it more palatable. Dad usually threw his at the Ascot heater and stamped on the artic roll for pudding. Happy Days. Rib of Beef for me, these modern days - certainly not topside.

Suffice to say: much as I enjoy Andy and Dale’s Laurel and Hardy esque rapport, these food shows, for me, are more about the banter than the value. I don’t know what others feel on this?

Oh God..it’s the Hotel Chocolat woman with one and a half frocks to ruin it all…
What a lovely, lovely show. Wonderful Dale and Marvellous Andy surrounded by meats and pastries, and chocolates and cakes…They are an incredible combination of bouncing off one another. Peters, and his quick witted one liners, and trusty Dale (I bought a Vodafone pager in 1997 from CVQ purely because of him). If only QVC could be them, all day long - that would be shopping telly paradise.

An interesting meat pack was on show this evening. Gammon, Burkey Trest, Topside of Beef and other things. In fairness to the previous euphoria, this seems a tad pricey and perhaps not the most economical way to buy your Christmas carnivoreness fix. Mum, in the early 1970s, always cooked up a topside roast at Yuletide. After a huge row with Dad stamping on my It’s A Knockout game in a drunken fit of rage, and Mum weeping in the kitchen, a Christmas lunch was finally served. As I remember, the topside tasted like Tuf Wayfinders shoe leather, but with no compass in the sole to make it more palatable. Dad usually threw his at the Ascot heater and stamped on the artic roll for pudding. Happy Days. Rib of Beef for me, these modern days - certainly not topside.

Suffice to say: much as I enjoy Andy and Dale’s Laurel and Hardy esque rapport, these food shows, for me, are more about the banter than the value. I don’t know what others feel on this?

Oh God..it’s the Hotel Chocolat woman with one and a half frocks to ruin it all…

Andy Peters’s Meats​

The title in itself made me laugh😂

That (To Sir With Love) was actually a fantastic film in my view - however sanitised the portrayal of a dead rough east London 1960s’ school was. I do think she has/had a wonderfully raunchy and then poignant when needed singing voice. But she has always come across to me at least as somebody who could be rather difficult off set. Purely an opinion of course.
I agree Duke, it's one of my favourite films too. My ex husband was a little kid then and was an extra in the film. It was filmed in Wapping. East London. Building shown was Reardon House where he lived! I also lived in Wapping in the 70's, I bet I wouldn't recognise the place now, and I certainly couldn't afford to live there now!!

That will never happen. Simon would crucify her if he did, she wouldn't know how to handle him, and I suspect he's picky who he's partnered with.
Yes, he bagged Julia many years ago. When he's partnered with someone he doesn't like, the bad atmosphere he creates is obvious. Poor Michael(sp) was bullied into apologising for not wearing a dinner jacket last time.

I remember when he was on with Catherine and I felt sorry for her. Simon Wilson was impossibly rude to the point Catherine commented she'd rather be at home. His wares are a load of old tat now anyway. Gone are the days when he sold quality, collectible items.

CC

I still have a lot of his pieces from the early days, and they have lasted well, especially my clip on earrings. I suppose he's not bothered now what he sells, as long as it keeps him in his next round of embalming treatment.

There are many occasions when he isn’t that enamoured with JR. My golden moment is when he offered her a face lift as a present! At Christmas she always presents him with a home made gift, usually a stuffed animal and he is anything but complimentary about them.

Seems a bad tempered tetchy old so and so - Wilson not Roberts. I think if I got the chance to co-present with him, I’d greet him with an electric handshaker, let several stink bombs off in the studio, and knock a hot cup of sugary Ovaltine over one of his sparkling Chihuahuas. Also saying to him: “How about an autograph?” then still giving him one after he declined would wind him up even further.

There are many occasions when he isn’t that enamoured with JR. My golden moment is when he offered her a face lift as a present! At Christmas she always presents him with a home made gift, usually a stuffed animal and he is anything but complimentary about them.
Judging from his attitude on QVC, the home made gifts probably go straight into the bin.

Lati he was - if I remember rightly he was booted out early doors - such a big headed show off!!
He was eliminated in week 2. He apparently had a “bitter feud” with his partner Tamara Sharp. No doubt that was because he was probably as arrogant, as a skating partner, as he is on the food shows and thought he knew best. Maybe his attitude was why he was voted out. 🤔

Latest posts

Back