Can someone please explain OTOs?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
When I used to actually watch QVC on TV many years ago, OTOs were only available if the TSV sold out, with no advanced warning, and only for that hour.

But these days, the forum announces a multitude of OTOs each day, regardless of whether the TSV will sell out or not.

Have the OTO rules changed? Can you buy any of the OTOs listed on this forum at any time of day, even if the TSV doesn't sell out?

From what I’ve gathered is sometimes they show OTO’s later in the evenings in hours that won’t feature the TSV, even though it is still available but won’t be shown on air.

I've had a few bargains in the form of One Time Onlys but they've always seemed a way for QVC to shift the most units in the shortest time. Back in the 90s I got the impression that OTOs consisted of Rob Locke flogging a chunky gold curb chain with an amazing £ per g or, Rob Locke again, flogging a stack of blank video tapes. I think Rob Locke did mainly the evening shows I used to catch in those days, and evening shows tend to see more OTOs than earlier ones.

There used to be more of a buzz on here when an OTO might only be revealed just before it aired. In more recent years they're available daily by clicking "Shop all deals" below the day's "Today's Deals" here .

Sometimes they're visible here but never go to air, sometimes they linger for a couple of days before "the hour". You can order them whenever they're available online.

Now that QVC aren’t doing as good, they’re bringing out the OTOs when an item sells out and when it doesn’t, to be honest they’ve never really been OTOs in the first place if truth be known, it’s just QVC adding a few quid on, then knocking it off and calling it a OTO so in other words, it’s the same price as they were initially going to charge in the first place, you don’t get owt for nowt at QVC.

They sometimes offer a product as an OTO but, when you factor in the P&P it doesn’t work out to be that much of a bargain especially as sometimes the postage is more than it was on a previous occasion.

I remember the excitement of the old days when you used to have to "jump to the phones". They were also much better deals back then too. Nowadays, they're mainly £10.00 cheaper than the advertised price. I do go for the occasional one but I'm finding more and more that QVC is just so samey, and uninspired with their offers.

Latest posts

Back