Sizing!!! and Postage!!!!!!!

• Thread starter Deleted member 21102
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

D

Deleted member 21102

Guest Shopper
Why can't QVC with all its much trumpeted advertising power make sure that manufacturers actually make things to size?

I just received 2 pairs of Skechers Cali Breeze slider sandals one size down from my normal size, as advised by the presenters, only to find that they are still HUGE and I needed to go 2 sizes down. I bought almost the same Skechers sandals a few years back in one size down and they fitted perfectly but what is the problem with getting the size right in the first place? I am returning them but am now £9 out of pocket as a result and not happy. And why, with QVC's massive buying power and ability to negotiate terms from Hermes, is the postage charged to me the same as I've just paid to return it by Royal Mail where I have no negotiating power? Surely, QVC, you're not making a profit on my postage and packaging??? Perish the thought!

QVC, you're not doing yourself any favours. And I need to learn not to order from you if I end up poorer as a result.

Crystal, I feel your pain. You will also find that the amount of postage you pay to RECEIVE an item can be a lot more than you pay to RETURN it ! I've been scammed for years with this, and if I add up the amount extra I've been charged in almost 20 years, then I could have gone on a very nice holiday !!

Crystal, you need to contact customer services and tell them that the sizing is wrong, and that the information from the presenters was incorrect. If you have already sent them back, still contact them and ask for your outward and return postage back. They are obviously faulty and wrongly sized. That is not your fault and you should not have to be out of pocket.

they are quite good at refunding postage once you ask them why should you be out of pocket

Even within ranges the sizes vary. QVC usually do have measurements that I will always check when ordering clothing..if its out by an inch as far as I am concerned that's breaking the trades description act free return label

Going against my better judgment I saw Joules midi (maxi on me) dress which I liked the look of and the price was reduced so thought good for holiday.

duly measured against a current dress which was a good fit and ordered a yellow and a blue both the same size.

The yellow was a decent fit albeit baggy in the armholes but that’s normal for me, but the blue one was at least 1 if not 2 sizes smaller!

The quality wasn’t great (think Peacocks, but not their price even reduced), either it was a special for Q or Im not surprised that Joules is in bother if their quality has become this low. It’s not a bit of wonder that all our high street brands are hitting the dirt if this is the best they can produce.

I got a lovely pair of shoes from Marks last month. Now I have always been a 5/5.5. I ended up with a 4.5 it's ridiculous,unless I am shrinking.:p

I got a lovely pair of shoes from Marks last month. Now I have always been a 5/5.5. I ended up with a 4.5 it's ridiculous,unless I am shrinking.:p
I'm watching less and less QVC now, fed up with makeup colours not as described (Tarte, Doll10) and frumpy clothes with high postage. Prefer the shops now.

I buy a lot from Marks and was always a 4.5 but now can be anything from a 4 to a bliddy 6!,
Not just Marks, Clarkes, Reiker as well, I know the conversation from Europe to UK isn’t exact but IMO it’s the fact they are all made in China etc which means that it’s not even European sizes.

I buy a lot from Marks and was always a 4.5 but now can be anything from a 4 to a bliddy 6!,
Not just Marks, Clarkes, Reiker as well, I know the conversation from Europe to UK isn’t exact but IMO it’s the fact they are all made in China etc which means that it’s not even European sizes.
At least 10 years ago I bought a pair of clogs in Clarks were so comfy I bought a second pair. The second pair when I got around to wear them were not the same.

Clothing and footwear manufacturers have been aided and abetted by lax regulation, and the prevalence of vanity sizing.

Having temped in quality control I know there are tolerances in the measurements of garments of the same size, and they are cumulative.

The beauty of the high street is that you can take several garments of the same size to try on. Even with reduced postage for identical items, the returns will surely result in THE LETTER sooner or later...

Women and men across the world have varying bodyshapes, so you need fit models for the market the clothes are destined for, imo. But the cost pressures will mean it rarely, if ever, happens. The same is true for shoes as well. If the fit model tends to go barefoot, the width fitting standard will be wider.

I think we all also need to think twice about what happens after we tire of our clothes...so as well as considering where, how and with what materials the clothes we but are made, we need to think of how and where our clothes to for a second life.

Not sure what the best option will be for me. Second hand shops, probably. We all have to make the best choices for ourselves, though.

Latest posts

Back