Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Cartoon Post office 90300645_2564.jpg

I feel a real slime ball saying that for once N Ireland (who are normally treated like something from the outback) isn’t anywhere near as bad as the rest of you. I was out this morning, no queuing or panic.

Tesco was full and staff restocking all the time. No T rolls but plenty of flushable toilet wipes.
Asda again plenty and anything Tesco was low on Asda had including kitchen rolls.
Surprisingly Lidl was least well stocked and no custard tarts (I’m soooo first world)

Local farm shop type of thing had full shelves of fresh fruit and veg (unfortunately one of those places where prices are at least 50% more than supermarkets anyway).

I did notice that home baking items were low but whether this means the country has gone all Mary Berry or they are using shelf space for other items.

Its easy enough for us as a couple but I would hate to be doing it for a family especially boys who normally have tummies like bottomless pits.

The biggest problem for me is why the F people need to stand so close at checkouts some would take the bliddy ankles off you and no matter how much you try to move they are back like your flipping shadow.

My mum has Alzheimer's disease, and lives alone, and my sister and I do all her shopping for her. She too will be 90 in a few weeks. We look after her with the help of carers coming in twice a day. I dread to think what will happen if we cannot get to see her due to the Coronavirus, and if the care stops due to the staff getting ill as well. She is very independent, and I cannot see how we are going to be able to stop her going out if over 70's are told to stay at home. She just won't understand or remember. We put notes up all the time but she just ignores them.

I have fibromyalgia and find it hard to do a big food shop, hence the reason for my online shopping. Luckily my husband will be able to help when he gets home from work, but that will mean we have to go to the shops around 7pm and I doubt much will be left.

I can't believe how selfish people have been and are continuing to be. It makes me so angry.
I used to be a Home Care Manager and if carers went sick we would pull out all the stops to find fill in carers from other agencies, especially for vulnerable people like your mum. I assume it’s still the same . I suppose it depends how many people are not at work .on occasion I would go myself if the client was near the office.I think they will be trying their hardest to ensure cover.

My neighbour has got back from Asda where he got a pack of 24 loo rolls! He got there just as they were being released. He said they were being quite strict on rationing at the tills too and the folks behind him had something confiscated. There is a silver shopper time tomorrow between 6 and 9 a.m. apparently. It is a one off so far as he knows and I think our Sainsbury's did a silver hour this morning. If I have zero luck tomorrow in the DHS I may go over to Asda next week as my permitted exercise while social distancing.

I used to be a Home Care Manager and if carers went sick we would pull out all the stops to find fill in carers from other agencies, especially for vulnerable people like your mum. I assume it’s still the same . I suppose it depends how many people are not at work .on occasion I would go myself if the client was near the office.I think they will be trying their hardest to ensure cover.
Thank you, I hope that will happen. I did ask mum's main carer the other day and she was not too sure then. It is a small firm so I know they will get stretched. Unfortunately, mum just laughs when we tell her to stay in. She doesn't remember anything from one minute to the next.

I am going into full rant mode and may drop the F-bomb!

So 85-year-old aunt has a chest infection and unwell for the past 3 weeks heavy cold. Had an appointment with the doctor phoned up on Monday told to cancel it and not come into the surgery. The doctor too busy to speak to her over the phone and told to ring on Tuesday. Well, Tuesday 17th is saint paddy's day they are closed! I got her to phone the after-hours doctor and he did phone back, so this morning I rang to see how she was? They had left her a prescription for an inhaler but she had no way of getting to the after-hours surgery now she has 3 grown sons and dILs too but did not want to bother people. So I said I would go up and collect the prescription and said must be an asthma inhaler? Got the bus up to the health centre given the prescription it was for nasal congestion.! She f*cking has not got nasal congestion a tight heavy cough and bringing up green yuck from her chest.

Get on the bus up to her house and the ****** chemist is shut! Called into the shop next door to ask and told they had no pharmacists and were trying to get one! No idea when they would open if at all today. There is no local chemist apart from this one! Walk up to aunt's house and told her then asked what did you actually say to the after-hours doctor as no way should you have got a nasal inhaler? Yes, she told him about the cough and green yuck from her chest but he said I cannot give you an antibiotic!!!!!

So I started phoning her own doctor just kept with the redial non-stop until I got through. Finally, she is getting a ****** antibiotic which is what she needed in the first place. Not a f*cking nasal inhaler which by the way you can buy over the counter anyway!
What are they busy with if no one must go to the surgery. Son had his appointment cancelled and had a phone consultation that took 2 minutes.Ok for him but with chesty things you need to be examined.

24 T rolls - surprised he was allowed that many and wasn’t lynched by other shoppers.

Lots of Easter eggs and chocolates and flowers for Mothers Day Wonder how many mums would prefer tea bags or a T roll instead!

A couple in ALDI today had a full box of tinned Mackrel the checkout operator only allowed them to have four. They said they were for their greyhound.
Been to Lidl this morning not a custard tart in sight in fact not a lot of anything in sight. Fridges and freezers nearly empty bare shelves everywhere. We go every week and never ever has it been as full of people and empty shelves.

Thank you, I hope that will happen. I did ask mum's main carer the other day and she was not too sure then. It is a small firm so I know they will get stretched. Unfortunately, mum just laughs when we tell her to stay in. She doesn't remember anything from one minute to the next.
Often it’s the smaller ones who have more common sense and get to the heart of getting things done, Multinationals need to form a committee and take a vote to change a light bulb.
It must be a worry especially when this is all on one pair of shoulders , take care

I've just told Graham that I'm being asked if I want to date a local mature woman :eek: but I'm probably too mature for them !!! and not something that would float my boat anyway.

Why don't you have a milkman ? I've had a delivery of milk all my life, and they deliver groceries too, so I have eggs once a fortnight.. Never any problems.
[/QUOTE
We have lived here 20 years and never seen a milkman. One,once called round and asked if we wanted milk delivered ,we gave an order but neither milk or milkman were seen again.

I’ve told the husband what we haven’t got we do without (apart from food obviously we need food) but as for loo rolls you can always wash your bum in the shower or bath...........what?! It’s true. 😂
Totally is Shopps. We were thinking the same. In India most loos have a 'bum hose' /jug of water. They think the loo roll method is dirty. Same in Israel.

If London is put under lockdown will the Q still broadcast?
I can just imagine it at this moment. All the presenters fighting to pre record programmes which will be shown in Groundhog Day mode.

All the unfortunate folk who have lost their jobs overnight are hardly likely to be putting Q stuff at the top of their shopping list so the smug presenters and BA just might for once know what it’s like to live in the real world where expensive freebies are not the norm.
I see they are offering easy pays on everything but as the boss from Next has said people don’t need new clothes to stay at home.

Latest posts

Back