Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

On the world timer, Fields the conman, said it's unique and rare to see this design with Arabic and Roman numerals on the same dial, and of Simons gushing over it., and you won't see this design anywhere else.

So unique and rare that IW have another watch brand with a very similar dial, must use the same supplier in China. 😆

Haven't seen much of Peter Simon for a while but near the start of tonight's Swan & Edgar watch show at 8.30pm, Peter Simon's hand was shaking so much whilst holding some watches it was nearly impossible to see any detail on the dials. Later on he seemed better but what happened tonight still appeared to be unusual even by his standards, unless he's always been like that and I've only just noticed it?

Fields just said, if our watchmakers could see these prices they'd be shock. :eek:

I bet they are, especially at the inflated prices you are charging.

And then he went on about the history & heritage of the Swan & Edgar watch brand, Boer war, two world wars etc. Fantastic history and heritage for a watch brand that's only existed for a few years. :ROFLMAO:

Last night with Heritor was bad, but these two have managed to make this show worse, don't think they've uttered one truthful sentence all night, just a pack of lies from start to finish.

Fields just said, if our watchmakers could see these prices they'd be shock. :eek:

I bet they are, especially at the inflated prices you are charging.

And then he went on about the history & heritage of the Swan & Edgar watch brand, Boer war, two world wars etc. Fantastic history and heritage for a watch brand that's only existed for a few years. :ROFLMAO:

Last night with Heritor was bad, but these two have managed to make this show worse, don't think they've uttered one truthful sentence all night, just a pack of lies from start to finish.
Peter kept saying that they only had the watches because the Basel watch fair had been cancelled.
Surely this is a complete lie - Swan and Edgar ( so called ) would never have exhibited at Basel.
It is for genuine companies , not pop up Chinese mushroom brands.
I couldn't find any search results linking Baselworld to Swan and Edgar - he's just making it up.
He also uttered some garbled nonsense purporting to connect the watches with Mercedes Benz.
He said that the watches were sold in some of the world's most prestigious watch shops when they are really just mail order and shopping telly.
Finally he said James , the bloke he's on with, is being featured in leading magazines.
Where ? What magazines ?
It's incredible that he's allowed to get away with it.

Just had a look and DP reckons they've had 6 sell outs?

Very popular

I wouldn't believe a word they say, I'm sure most of the watches they've been selling is stock that they claimed to have sold out of in previous shows, they always seem to have plenty on their web site still for sale despite being sold out. ;)

Waterless wax again this morning, and verbal diarrhea Hayley still going on about being sold out in 35 minutes last time, she must have said that a thousand times the last couple of days. This is a really good deal, the fact they haven't sold out yet, surely indicates their sales are suffering at the moment.

Peter kept saying that they only had the watches because the Basel watch fair had been cancelled.
Surely this is a complete lie - Swan and Edgar ( so called ) would never have exhibited at Basel.
It is for genuine companies , not pop up Chinese mushroom brands.
I couldn't find any search results linking Baselworld to Swan and Edgar - he's just making it up.
He also uttered some garbled nonsense purporting to connect the watches with Mercedes Benz.
He said that the watches were sold in some of the world's most prestigious watch shops when they are really just mail order and shopping telly.
Finally he said James , the bloke he's on with, is being featured in leading magazines.
Where ? What magazines ?
It's incredible that he's allowed to get away with it.

Conmen, pure and simple.

I can believe Fields would have been at Baselworld, not as an exhibitor, but as a visitor. Then try and bump into buyers from Jewelers, buyers from online retailers and see if he could persuade them into selling their watches. I would imagine there are a lot of small fashion and micro brands go there as visitors and try do deals on the outskirts of the main Baselword show. So while all the well know brands are selling their wares at fancy displays, he'll be walking around with a briefcase full of cheap tat, trying to do deals in the corridors or small coffee shop.:LOL:

Haven't seen much of Peter Simon for a while but near the start of tonight's Swan & Edgar watch show at 8.30pm, Peter Simon's hand was shaking so much whilst holding some watches it was nearly impossible to see any detail on the dials. Later on he seemed better but what happened tonight still appeared to be unusual even by his standards, unless he's always been like that and I've only just noticed it?

Didn't notice, sometimes I'm on the PC, just listening to the TV in the background, the only thing I tend to notice is his scruffy unshaven appearance. He's on tonight with Vostok, so called 'World Exclusive' show, although nothing is actually exclusive, all the watches are available elsewhere.
Will keep an eye on him, see if he's shaking.

He's always shook like a leaf, it's on the list of what dreadful presenters do, he does pretty much all the list!

I wondered about the sell outs because when I watch, nothing seems to sell but when they do another same show later, they'll say they had a lot of sell outs on the show I watched!

Just a few minor points on the Vostok show so far.

Peter Simon on the Bronze Energia Rocket watch, saying a fisherman in Scotland returned an Energia which had a lot of patina on it, and was given a new Energia. Actually it was an Almaz not a Energia Rocket, I've got the same watch that was returned.

The ETA story, which keeps getting mentioned and ETA being banned from selling to all outside the Swatch group and the rarity making it more imperative to buy certain watches. That's not strictly true as ETA are still allowed to sell to watch brands outside the Swatch Group with less than 250 employees. So some brands will still get them. The problem for the bigger brands is this judgement is for six months, then the regulator will make a final decision, it could go ETA's way or it may not, but brands & ETA need to plan their production in advance, so if say a brand wants release a watch in December this year or early next year, they can't plan it with ETA as they don't know if they will be able to buy it or not. Of course smaller brands and the host of swatch brands (Certina, Hamilton, Tissot, Rado, Longines, Mido, Omega, etc) can still use ETA, so ETA movements will still be readily available in quality watches in the market place.

Swiss Military by Chrono (Chrono AG), is not a descendant of/from a Swiss Watchmaking School, they are a family owned watchmaker, confusion is probably because they moved into the Schools old premises when the School moved to bigger premises 2002. Swiss Military by Chrono are the 2nd watchmaker that Martin Cunningham often mentions, they have their own Swiss Military range, but also make watches for numerous watch brands.

Some of the latest Watch reviews TrustPilot, the last one is particularly funny :)

Bought a Swan & Edgar automatic watch…
Bought a Swan & Edgar automatic watch and in all fairness it came out pretty quick that's when my satisfaction ended.
On receiving the watch all looked OK initially and soon found it to be gaining an hour in a day and then horrified to discover it was full of dust and screws visible through glass display case back viewed through a jewellers loupe were scratched as was metal around screws and screw slots damaged like screwdriver had slipped when they assembled.
Sent it back to said address had confirmation from royal mail tracking it arrived and sent then email sometime after saying not had replacement yet, their response was it can take 10 days for warehouse to confirm receipt of item that was 15 days ago approx and still no correspondence and still no watch, absolutely disgusted..

Do not buy Vostok rubbish watches.
I have just watched a couple of so called watch experts make out that Vostok watches are amongst the finest watchmakers in the world going for a bargain. They are rubbish trust me do not go near these watches. You are better off going to your local jeweller and getting a Citizen or Sieko for a fraction of the price. Better still save your money and buy a trusted quality Swiss watch.

I USED TO ENJOY THE WATCH PROGRAMME BUT…
I USED TO ENJOY THE WATCH PROGRAMME BUT WHEN THEY PUT PETER SIMMONS ON THE EXPERT HARDLY GETS A WORD IN. CHECK OUT YOUR BASKETS, GENTS YOU HAVE GOT TO BUY THIS ONE AAHHH THIS IS WONDERFUL. I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT ONE NIGHT WHEN HE STARTED SINGING ABOUT MEGA DEALS. I DO NOT KNOW WHAT HE DID IN LAS VEGAS BUT NOBODY WOULD DARE CHANCE PUTTING HIM ON A STAGE. IF YOU BOUGHT EVERYTHING HE TOLD YOU IT WOULD BANKRUPT YOU

Last edited:
And I thought Vostok was meant to be one of the 'better' brands they sell? Anyway at least they're now doing 'proper' social distancing on their shows:

Screenshot_2020-03-23 Vostok World Exclusive Birthday… 19 30 22 03 2020 iw Ideal World.png

That last one is good. :)
Some of the reviews on their own site a funny too, they kinda give you a flavour for the mentality of IW watch collectors. ;):ROFLMAO:

Shaun is on just now, wearing one of the new Vostoks that's on tonight's show, plonker is wearing it upside down. :ROFLMAO:
Must think he's doing watches just now so we see it the right way round in the camera, but it's pretty pointless just now when it's hidden below his jacket sleeves.

That last one is good. :)
Some of the reviews on their own site a funny too, they kinda give you a flavour for the mentality of IW watch collectors. ;):ROFLMAO:

Shaun is on just now, wearing one of the new Vostoks that's on tonight's show, plonker is wearing it upside down. :ROFLMAO:
Must think he's doing watches just now so we see it the right way round in the camera, but it's pretty pointless just now when it's hidden below his jacket sleeves.

Poor Nanty is gonna be lost, what with not having any Cruises to shill.

So expect to see him shilling even more shonky Watches that he reckons are gorgeous but that he’d never be seen dead buying.

Even dopey Sally Jacks has openly admitted on social media that she shops for clothes elsewhere :)

Poor Nanty is gonna be lost, what with not having any Cruises to shill.

So expect to see him shilling even more shonky Watches that he reckons are gorgeous but that he’d never be seen dead buying.

Yeah i doubt they will have cruise shows for a long time.

The only time i see any of the presenters (and guests) wearing watches that they sell, are on the day of a watch show and it's one of the watches from the show. The rest of the time I've never seen them wearing any watches they sell. Of course they claim to have bought many of the watches but you don't see them on their wrists.

I see IW can't miss an opportunity, Jane plan is the blockbuster tomorrow night, obviously want to take advantage of empty shelves in the supermarkets.
I really dislike the Jane plan shows, detest the way the plates are always brimming full of veggies, which are not part of the packs, IMO gives a totally false impression as to the actual size of the meals.

If i hear that presenter on the garden show saying we will be at home more in the future and wont be going out i will go even more mad than i already am in this crazy time we are in

Latest posts

Back