Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The other lines that annoy me are those spouted by Mike. You can be watching a show at 9am, 4pm, 9pm or 1am and he nearly always fits this line in, usually after the brand ambassador/expert has just finished a demo.

'we've just gone into MELTDOWN guys and girls, both the phones and the Internet, be quick!'

Jokes aside, when you analyse their selling techniques, they really are like the modern equivalent of characters like Del Boy / market traders. When I was wee, the shows (funfair) that come to our town once a year used to have stalls with people selling towels, crockery and the like. IW 'presenters' are just like them … only worse at the patter ;)

I ordered the blue rose collection on 24th March for my mum's birthday. The email said it would be dispatched within 3-5 working days. Still waiting. Had an email this week to say they'll now be dispatched on 16th April so Mum will probably get them almost a month after her birthday. I know times are bad right now and deliveries will be delayed but they should be telling the customer that on air instead of shouting "Just buy it!" at them

Cheap Alcatel just now, Peter, "we've 300 on the web, 500 browsing". :unsure::ROFLMAO:

He was also saying if you use flexipay you don't have to pay for postage , he mentioned this a few times, the phone was £49.99 and £4.99 postage (£54.98) postage or 8 payments of £6.87 which is £54.96 , so where is the free postage !! >> ??

Oh certainly going over the top with the Buran Admiral, the German site I got my sturmanskie from were giving 20% off the ETA version of the Buran and selling for £470 recently, sold out now, but they will no doubt have the SW200 version soon, and if it's anything like the price I was for the Sturmanskie it'll be less than IW.

Owned by Volmax aren't they? Ruined the brand imo

I've a couple of Sturmanskie's but only buy one's with Russian movements, which are getting harder to obtain.

Oh there's my watch on IW £1199.99 I got mine from Germany for just €791 (approx £694). :)

Sturmanskie 'Ocean' Chronograph  Special Edition 3133-1981599 (Cal Poljot 3133) (4a)1.jpg

and just for those that are watching and not sure about the Poljot 3133 movement they are talking about, as the watch has a solid case back, here is a 3133 in one of my Strela watches, which has a display back.
Strela Officer Chronograph OF38CYGS (Cal Poljot P3133) (9)1.jpg

Sorry for boring folks with watch talk again.:oops:

He was also saying if you use flexipay you don't have to pay for postage , he mentioned this a few times, the phone was £49.99 and £4.99 postage (£54.98) postage or 8 payments of £6.87 which is £54.96 , so where is the free postage !! >> ??

Yeah what he should have said is you don't pay the postage in one go like you do with other payment methods, but with Open pay it's spread over the number of payments.
It's a bit like how he often says, only £xx for an item but then forgets to add that it's 4 flexi payments.

Ginger is well and truly a typical tech expert now isn't he? About the Alcatel £50 phone "I don't want you buying this phone thinking it is in any way a compromise......................I'm not going to pretend those does everything those £1000 phones do"....so, a compromise then???

I mean come on, the very fact it's a phone that costs £50 is all the information you need to know it will be a compromise. And of course, the ever sincere Gollum trying his best to convince you why you need this phone. Despite the fact he has made it quite clear during the iPhone hours, that he wouldn't pwn anything other than an Apple phone.

Was away to applaud Grant B as he described RCA, he was doing so well, a lot better than the rubbish Peter V spouts, until his last sentence, saying "the brand has changed hands a few times, now owned by Ventura", which is not strictly accurate. The RCA brand TRADEMARK/NAME did change hands, after Gneral motors bought and then liquidated all the assets, Technicolor SA and Sony share the rights for the various RCA Trademark/Names, at the moment Technicolor SA license out the RCA Computer Tablets name to Alco Electronics Ltd, Ventura are a subsidiary of Alco. That's why on Ventura web site they say they've partnered with RCA rather than saying they own it. It's a bit like Beldray, using the name of an old brand but having absolutely no connection with the old company that made the name famous.

Haha they're waiting for a phone call to have them pull the show because the prices are unbelievablely cheap........yawnn
Mommabear, I believe every word they say, but I've been self isolating a long time and need to increase my medication!

That is really funny, having to pull a show off air because the prices are too cheap. I have visions of an IW employee writing this stuff and seeing how much he can get away with!

See Grant B altered his description of RCA today, a lot more accurate this time, nice to see someone on IW actually changing the script rather continuing with the usual rubbish that the rest of the presenters continually spout, even when that rubbish has been shown to be wrong, either on here or by email.
Oh and he actually had one thing right, that I had put down wrongly in my post, I put General Motors, meant to be General Electrics, heck if I know why I put General Motors, not even into motors, must have been a brain fart.:ROFLMAO:

I caught a glimpse of some new girl I hadn't seen before (haven't tuned into the channel in quite some time) doing her best to convince people that the RCA tablet would be a good laptop substitute. Not even close love!

Flicking through the channels I caught Paul demonstrating that the 'tanning accelerator' (Zhuzh?) spray. He sprayed it onto his chinos while proclaiming that it it would leave no marks if accidentally sprayed onto clothing. I waited until he declared that the stain was now gone with a ****** big stain on his trousers!

I caught a glimpse of some new girl I hadn't seen before (haven't tuned into the channel in quite some time) doing her best to convince people that the RCA tablet would be a good laptop substitute. Not even close love!

Is she the one who's very exited about everything and acts like she's been breathing laughing gas? She's unwatchable.

Oh see Baselworld mentioned again, this time in relation to Milanese straps and how brands with a few zeros in their price are catching on to Milanese straps, as though Heritor are leading the way. :confused:
She does realise Milanese straps have been popular for years and as for Baselworld, they better get as much use out of the name dropping while they can, as it's virtually dead in the water now, Swatch group, Brietling etc had already left, now they've been joined by Rolex, Tudor, Patek, Chopard, Tag, Hublot & Zenith, it's finished.

Looks like they will be joining this show instead, somehow I just can't see Heritor et al mixing with this crowd. :ROFLMAO:

Oh Peter's back, you could pay anywhere from £400 to over £1500. :ROFLMAO:
Anybody who pays £400, never mind £1500, needs their head examined.

And then she's says the Heritor 'Matador' takes it's design inspiration from great Swiss brands, so nothing to do with the many Chinese homages of the vintage Seiko 6105 or modern day 'Turtle' then.

Wonder, how these presenters/guests sleep at night knowing they are conning folks, they obviously have no conscience or morals.

Latest posts

Back