Marla Wynne T-shirts

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
lying in bed a while ago I turned the tv on and it was tuned into qvc..and I thought I saw them selling a Marla Wynne T-shirt for about £55, first I thought I was dreaming...then realised I wasn't. The presenter was bigging up how it had a special seam along the side that made it flow away from the body. Out comes the model...and indeed it did appear to flow away from the body quite nicely, but on top it stuck to her boobs like glue and the sleeves were totally skin tight - It just looked awful, and when she turned around it was as clingy as hell. Then they were flogging a set of 2 vest tops which worked out at almost £25 each, when p&p added,and the other top would be almost £60....Disgusting! Vest tops came in a number of different colourways, but they were bundled up in 2's that obviously they thought would go together...but you wouldn't be wearing them together, so why the hell couldn't they let the customer choose the 2 colours they want. What a pile of crap!

I think all her clothes are too expensive and, apart from the balloon dress, most look too large, unflattering and hardly feminine. I’d never heard of her before she popped upon QVC, but her designs don’t entice me to buy any of them.

I have one of her original balloon dresses, found it on eBay for a snip & I do like it with boots & a scarf (dressed up, not down!) However, you need a body to make it look its best & I've lost too much weight since buying it so now look like Professor Snape. I've also got one of her coatigans from eBay, I've got a lot of wear out of it & it's still as good as new. The rest of it is expensive & over-hyped, as LATI says it's Emperor's new clothes.

Dishrag knitted cardi down from £106 to £90 was dire, the sides weren’t even sewn up so more like a shawl with arms. Stuff on 4EP does not tempt me QVC.

I dont know where the idea of having damn great side splits in her garments comes from, because they dont flatter, dont keep you warm if its a wooly cardi style, and are impractical. Its all very well the models sticking their arms out like a scarecrow to highlight the style, but having a flappy bit at the back and a flappy bit at the front is not for me. Yes I wear 'kimono' style jackets - a lot, because they look great thrown over trousers and a top, they're loose and have nice 3/4 baggy sleeves, but they don't have great slits up the side.

I'm not a great fan of the huge slits either side of maxi dresses either. One side is ok, but I tend to sew them up, much more elegant.

I don’t know which range Julia is wearing on the 2 pm show but she has gone from far too tight to a top which has far too much fabric and she doesn’t suit black.

As for the BA has she been raiding Jill Franks wardrobe? It looks so stupid, a well designed well made one shoulder formal dress is one thing but that just looks as if someone forgot to sew the rest of it. At the price of that gloop she is selling surely she could afford a full dress.

I agree that the side splits are awful and the material flapping out everywhere doesn't seem to flatter anyone whether the models are big or small. I think the styles suit Marla's body shape and that's about it. As for the prices and the "luxury crepe" and "clever styling" - I should hope you would get a seam or two at that price!

I don’t know which range Julia is wearing on the 2 pm show but she has gone from far too tight to a top which has far too much fabric and she doesn’t suit black.

As for the BA has she been raiding Jill Franks wardrobe? It looks so stupid, a well designed well made one shoulder formal dress is one thing but that just looks as if someone forgot to sew the rest of it. At the price of that gloop she is selling surely she could afford a full dress.
She'd be fine playing darts in the shirt & as many have commented she's already double top :ROFLMAO:

I dont know where the idea of having damn great side splits in her garments comes from, because they dont flatter, dont keep you warm if its a wooly cardi style, and are impractical. Its all very well the models sticking their arms out like a scarecrow to highlight the style, but having a flappy bit at the back and a flappy bit at the front is not for me. Yes I wear 'kimono' style jackets - a lot, because they look great thrown over trousers and a top, they're loose and have nice 3/4 baggy sleeves, but they don't have great slits up the side.

I'm not a great fan of the huge slits either side of maxi dresses either. One side is ok, but I tend to sew them up, much more elegant.
Scarecrow...:LOL:

The kimono-sleeve and slit side styles are a designer’s, manufacturer’s and retailer’s dream. Easy to ‘design’ and scale up by size, cheap to make and no stress over size and fit - those sleeves and split seams hide a multitude of sins and accommodate all shapes & sizes.

Latest posts

Back