Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Planted up my cosmos this morning an absolute disgrace. The roots were in a teaspoon of soil and over 9 inches tall flopping all over the place on a spindly weak stem.

Suttons need a good kick up the arse for sending these out.

Still haven’t got the compost which was promised no later than 22 May. ****** fuming.

My Suttons cosmos are slowly dying one by one. Not such good value then. They were far too small to be sent out and they're not coping despite being potted on, in the greenhouse and cossetted. Sounds like yours are a bit further on than mine LATI but they've not been kept in the right conditions so they're spindly and weak. Mine are no more than 2 inches tall at the most. I'm not pleased as these are the orange ones and I really wanted a change from pink and white. I think I may well ask for a refund :mad:

CC

Apparently at the end of a show Jill Frank apologised for someone’s (think BA] northern accent and quite rightly many are up in arms.

Maybe someone should ask her to apologise for that ****** annoying and incorrect way she ends every word ending ing with ink. somethink, anythink, etc, or Queen Julia numba, orda, etc.
It was a Benefit show with two guests appearing remotely. Lisa (Potter-Dixon?) was one but I don’t know the name of the other one, I didn’t see all of it but there seemed to be a problem with the sound and we couldn’t hear the second guest. Lisa did an impression of a northern accent which I assume was meant to be the other guest. It was absolutely nothing to cause offence. At the end Jill Franks apologised for the accent. From the comments it looks like those posting don’t know what happened but just decided to be offended.

For once I am totally behind the poster who is complaining that the font on Q invoices are so small as to totally unreadable even with glasses. Fellow poster suggested a magnifying glass which didn’t go down well.

She also complained about none of the plants had instructions and again I totally agree with this.
It is particularly annoying when you look on Q to see the video only to find if it’s out of stock and the video is no longer showing.

My plants have still not arrived but according to their website have been shipped. Lord knows what kind of state they will be in when they arrive.
I can't get hold of CS. The line is constantly busy and ring back does not appear to be working.
Great service QVC.

My plants have still not arrived but according to their website have been shipped. Lord knows what kind of state they will be in when they arrive.
I can't get hold of CS. The line is constantly busy and ring back does not appear to be working.
Great service QVC.

I had a response in 24 hours to an email, I use [email protected], but other email addresses are available. I prefer this to using their contact form on the website as it means I have a record of what I said and when. HTH.

Thank you for your reply Akimbo.
It's frustrating at the moment hanging on and getting nowhere.
I will give this website a go.

I've had an email back saying that QVC is unable to answer any new enquiries by email. Apparently, this is just a temporary measure. I was advised to use their question and answer section on the website.

This is no good if you want a refund. I do think that QVC should have restricted their sales if they don't have the customer service to back them up. I guess I just have to wait it out.

I would advise anyone wanting to place an order that this is the situation and maybe it's best not to make any purchases for the time being.

I've had an email back saying that QVC is unable to answer any new enquiries by email. Apparently, this is just a temporary measure. I was advised to use their question and answer section on the website.

This is no good if you want a refund. I do think that QVC should have restricted their sales if they don't have the customer service to back them up. I guess I just have to wait it out.

I would advise anyone wanting to place an order that this is the situation and maybe it's best not to make any purchases for the time being.
.... but they DO reply

Still no show on the compost so I phoned CS to cancel yesterday. I had it on speed dial for about 10 mins and then on hold for another 20 . Finally got speaking to someone (note they need your PIN number which you might have to look out) said I couldn’t “cancel” but they will sent out the letter as a no show. Asked what I should do if it did arrive and was told to contact them so that would be another half hour on the phone ....I think not.

Still no show on the begonias and from what I saw on Arsebook they are tiny so will never be in bloom this year.

went to Dobbies - apart from shrubs they had nothing other than half a row of geraniums and half a row fuchsia all in a sorry state. Plenty of lavender either fully in bloom or really small but very pricy. Clematis priced at £39.99!

Then I went to our local garden centre , the car queue was miles and when we got in there was a handful of wilted plants not worth buying. Did get compost though.

Fortunately my Miracle Gro compost hasn’t arrived so I’m assuming that Thompson and Morgan actually read the email from the QVC CS guy telling them that I wished to cancel my order.

The Whetman’s pinks are doing well. One has flowers and buds and the others are looking fit and healthy, barring one which is still small.

Having read all the posts about dead and dying flowers, plus the photos of them on the FB book page, I’m so relieved that mine arrived in one piece, albeit not completely in their pots.

I doubt the nurseries packed the plants when they were dying, so I guess the failure to receive healthy plants is down to the time they were in transit and the couriers‘ treatment of them during delivery.

Therefore, I doubt the state of the plants can be laid at QVC’s feet, BUT in this day and age, with the technology that is available, I would have thought that even those working from home could answer emails and the phones, so that part of QVC’s involvement is a definite fail.

I've had my RJ begonias and although they were a bit misshapen when they arrived they have straightened up and all of them are OK. Unlike a lot of other QVC plants these ones had good instructions which I am following to the letter.

CC

For once I am totally behind the poster who is complaining that the font on Q invoices are so small as to totally unreadable even with glasses. Fellow poster suggested a magnifying glass which didn’t go down well.

She also complained about none of the plants had instructions and again I totally agree with this.
It is particularly annoying when you look on Q to see the video only to find if it’s out of stock and the video is no longer showing.
LoL I have never mentioned the font because I thought it was just me, so pleased it is not. I always use a magnifier🤣🤣🤣

LoL I have never mentioned the font because I thought it was just me, so pleased it is not. I always use a magnifier🤣🤣🤣

I take a photo with my phone then enlarge it - but I have to do this with everything these days!

I don't have FB but if anyone here would like to have a moan can you please tell that Alex woman on the Diamonique show at 11pm on 27/5 to shut up about people driving Renault cars? She's banging on about people who own £100,000 diamonds yet driving Renaults. And? What business is it of hers? I have a very expensive diamond ring that I inherited but still drove a beat-up ancient Landrover for many years. I could have sold the ring and bought a Merc (or a house in my area) but am quite happy for people to think my jewelry is fake as the last thing I'd want is something that means a lot to me being nicked.

Then she starts blathering on about the smaller stones being easier to pass off as real.

Shut up you stupid woman! Sell the items not your opinions of the people wearing them.

Short fuse tonight.

I spoke too soon. 😳 I’ve just had a text apologising for a further delay on the delivery of the Miracle Gro. It’s now due on 12th June.

I don’t want it so, if it does turn up, I’ll be ringing them because they said I could have a full refund as they’d asked T&M to cancel the order.

It’s becoming a tad farcical now.

12th June ? Bit late to start making up hanging baskets etc.

QVC have really mis-managed themselves during this lockdown. They’ve probably taken more orders and money short-term but imagine what an administrative mess they are facing, not to mention annoyed customers and loss of reputation and future business.

I cannot fathom why/how they’ve got themselves into such a mess.

Latest posts

Back