Julia Roberts

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I seem to tune in at the bad parts. 6pm show today, with Queen Julia.

Julia says, something on the lines of:

"My roomie Katie is very tall and has big feet and hands...(Usual pause and gurning)... Oh, no I didn't mean it like that, she's tall so completely in proportion...(giggles)...struggles to find size 8 shoes, which fit her well...but these do (sly glances at the monitor, checking her flowing locks out, hair flick and giggles)

(Said, whilst predominately filmed from a side angle showing that the medium dress (shock medium) is too tight and she looks pregnant again)

For all the people on this site, I hope that on Katie's next show, she says:

"My roomie Julia is very small and plump, she has hanging udders and a gigantic overhanging belly, which threatens the 2m social ruling we have in place at the Q....(pause to smile, to add affect, like the master of put downs, Julia)...Oh, no I didn't mean it like that, she's round, she kind of in proportion...(giggles)...struggles to find a size small that fits these days, which can get her every growing gut in, but this dress does... in XXL... does just the job."

That would make my lockdown.

You forgot to add the "only joking" comment QJ says when she knows she's being rude but thinks she can get away with it.

She's definitely getting a bigger ego to match the no longer "I'm a small" body. It's cringeworthy to watch and an absolute turn off for normal people.

Is there something about social media these days that makes this sort of behaviour more acceptable to those using it? Quite a few of us here don't and we same to have similar values. It seems to have allowed anyone who has ever been on a TV screen free rein to pick up "celebrity" status and an army of followers that's enabled a littering of ridiculously untalented people with massive egos!

My daughter's friend is wasting her life applying for any/every reality series you can think of. She's not a stupid girl but dropped out of the same uni course as my daughter (who couldn't believe she'd done it as she led with her grades) as she was going to too many auditions to concentrate on her course. Six years later she's still trying while doing any casual job she can to get by. She worships people like Amanda Holden (why?!) and has even said she'd be happy to host her on QVC, saying the presenters are "ace" and "so much fun" and that she follows them all on SM (this was at ours with Q on in the background). Speechless and suddenly feeling old and a total killjoy.

When JR was off work following her operation she wrote that she now had more empathy with viewers who were housebound etc.
She wrote:
Until this past week I had no understanding of what that feels like – it’s almost like being a prisoner trapped in your own home. I now have huge admiration for all of you who are unable to live the ‘normal’ life so many of us take for granted and yet still remain positive and purposeful. It makes the fact that we can reach out to you through the TV screen for company and a degree of independence when it comes to shopping an even more important part of my job, something I will be mindful of when I come back to work.

That has not happened. She is far too shallow to maintain that act. She quickly got back to the usual self obsessed showing off, girly acts, self promotion...... in my opinion she is just a rather foolish and there must be others who are equally foolish encouraging her. I find her embarrassing.

I found the change quite sudden. Back when Q was on constantly she was a bit of a twat with S. Wilson (who was able to put her in her place but she never took the hint, even down to offering to pay for a face job) but otherwise behaved as a good looking woman her age. Then whatever happened suddenly she became this awful person we now see. I’ll bet if the daughter ever gets married she will also wear a long white mother of the bride dress, maybe her own, you know the ones who get shamed on the bridal websites!!,

I dislike the way she refers to the daughters boyfriend‘s children as Sophie’s stepchildren .

You forgot to add the "only joking" comment QJ says when she knows she's being rude but thinks she can get away with it.

She's definitely getting a bigger ego to match the no longer "I'm a small" body. It's cringeworthy to watch and an absolute turn off for normal people.

Is there something about social media these days that makes this sort of behaviour more acceptable to those using it? Quite a few of us here don't and we same to have similar values. It seems to have allowed anyone who has ever been on a TV screen free rein to pick up "celebrity" status and an army of followers that's enabled a littering of ridiculously untalented people with massive egos!

My daughter's friend is wasting her life applying for any/every reality series you can think of. She's not a stupid girl but dropped out of the same uni course as my daughter (who couldn't believe she'd done it as she led with her grades) as she was going to too many auditions to concentrate on her course. Six years later she's still trying while doing any casual job she can to get by. She worships people like Amanda Holden (why?!) and has even said she'd be happy to host her on QVC, saying the presenters are "ace" and "so much fun" and that she follows them all on SM (this was at ours with Q on in the background). Speechless and suddenly feeling old and a total killjoy.

Poor girl. She’ll wake up one day and realise she’s wasted her life.

Maybe I’m odd, but I’m not the least bit interested in what they earn. However much it is, it’ll be too much for the job they do.

Julia’s husband is a musician, I think, but I’ve never got the impression that they’re that wealthy.

Would any of you be intrigued enough to know what they earn? I would love to know🤪🤪🤪🤪🤔🤔🌹🌹 Anyone know what Julia’s husband does for a living, as it might explain their wealth?
I would assume that he doesn’t earn a great deal as a musician. She, on the other hand will be earning a huge salary which has made her a dominant big head with a good standard of living. I believe that all this has made her an unbearable, to me anyway, show off. She posts photographs of her house and it is a cottage and her gym looks like a modest garden structure. I think she likes to give the impression of wealth and sophistication.

I would assume that he doesn’t earn a great deal as a musician. She, on the other hand will be earning a huge salary which has made her a dominant big head with a good standard of living. I believe that all this has made her an unbearable, to me anyway, show off. She posts photographs of her house and it is a cottage and her gym looks like a modest garden structure. I think she likes to give the impression of wealth and sophistication.
Yes that is really my point. As for how “bad” she has become, I think her increased mannerisms and annoyance factor, and I think I’vementioned before, is her new found confidence and security, regardless of how long they’ve been together, is her being married now, because I think it is a load off her mind. I never thought she was such a pain as she has bevome, and a diva, a couple of years ago!

Her husband (she got married recently don’t you know!) as far as I know is a session musician which can be well enough paid without any of the expenses of touring etc.but I would say she is better paid.

When they did that search for a new presenter which Craig won wasn’t the salary range disclosed? However I wouldn’t expect a new presenter to be on the same level as the matriarch Julia.

I don’t think it has anything to do with getting married which was only last year, the tantrums have been showing for at least 5 years. Anyway the marriage could only have been for financial security reasons otherwise why wait or do it after 30 plus years.

Her husband (she got married recently don’t you know!) as far as I know is a session musician which can be well enough paid without any of the expenses of touring etc.but I would say she is better paid.

When they did that search for a new presenter which Craig won wasn’t the salary range disclosed? However I wouldn’t expect a new presenter to be on the same level as the matriarch Julia.

I don’t think it has anything to do with getting married which was only last year, the tantrums have been showing for at least 5 years. Anyway the marriage could only have been for financial security reasons otherwise why wait or do it after 30 plus years.
You’re right about the marriage I think it was probably for financial reasons. The more I think about it the more I agree her fluffing and flirting and devaisms have been going on for a lot longer than a couple of years👍😀

When I googled to see how long ago Craig’s thingy was (2007] I came across a book called The TV presenters handbook How to market yourself which appears to have a lot of detail regarding QVC

sorry I can’t do links.

When I googled to see how long ago Craig’s thingy was (2007] I came across a book called The TV presenters handbook How to market yourself which appears to have a lot of detail regarding QVC

sorry I can’t do links.

Jeez, was it really 13 years ago? Now I feel old. If I'd had to guess, I'd have probably said around 7 or 8 years.

In America they’re on huge salaries so I’m guessing QVC UK pay well too, that’s why you’ll never see two things, a presenter leave or slag QVC off.

Apparently they get a salary and are contracted to do X amount of hours over X amount of days, I suppose they pick the days and hours they want to do then spread ‘em...........the hours that is 😂

"My roomie Katie is very tall and has big feet and hands...(Usual pause and gurning)... Oh, no I didn't mean it like that, she's tall so completely in proportion...(giggles)...struggles to find size 8 shoes, which fit her well...but these do (sly glances at the monitor, checking her flowing locks out, hair flick and giggles)

She says this at every available opportunity.....It must make her feel good about herself. I think it's very rude and uncalled for........just saying 😛😛😛😇

She says this at every available opportunity.....It must make her feel good about herself. I think it's very rude and uncalled for........just saying 😛😛😛😇
Ugh! What a bitchy thing to say. Julia's modus operandi is to make herself look/feel better by demeaning others, it seems to me.

Last edited:
HELLS BELLS ! Julia on the Mr Max show, looks full term pregnant !!! what IS she thinking? going on air looking like that in a too tight frock, full on trainers showing off an ankle brace, and looking as far removed from elegant as she possibly could ! Does she never look in a mirror ? Ok if she has foot problems, then there are always swishy trousers - I think Ben de Lisi did some nice ones, but using an injury to look absolutely rubbish is no excuse.

HELLS BELLS ! Julia on the Mr Max show, looks full term pregnant !!! what IS she thinking? going on air looking like that in a too tight frock, full on trainers showing off an ankle brace, and looking as far removed from elegant as she possibly could ! Does she never look in a mirror ? Ok if she has foot problems, then there are always swishy trousers - I think Ben de Lisi did some nice ones, but using an injury to look absolutely rubbish is no excuse.

And she she said it's her own dress, she saw it last week placed an order and it arrived so she can't blame the stoilist!

Unfortunately Julia has become indistinguishable from Debbie. Pointy finger, veiled rudeness to the gallery and studio teams...and now looking like she dressed in the dark!

Many of us have put on weight during this time (2kg in my case) and we are dressing for comfort... It's disappointing in Julia's case, because she used to dress so well, and was often a better model for the clothes than the professionals.

A nice maxi-dress or some wider leg trousers, though at her height maybe not palazzo pants, and a well fitting top and she would look as nice as she ever did.

Latest posts

Back