Julia Roberts

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm a 'long serving shop assistant' If I turned up for work in grubby trainers and ill fitting white jeggings my manager would be having a serious word with me in his office and I would be issued with a verbal warning.

Honestly these overpaid tat peddlers are not fit to lick the shoes of people who work in proper stores.
I’ve said that often and they aren’t on exorbitant salaries, a few hours a week (despite some never being off screen), all the freebies you could want and most importantly book deals and fan clubs. Apart from passing chat when paying at the till I‘ve never had to endure hours of their wedding, grandchildren, holidays , pets or pie sandwiches,

I think we all get, and understand that her footwear choices are limited by the recovery from her ankle injury, and doubtless also compromised by her last polio...but as a woman on tv, whose apparel is also the merchandise she is selling, a great deal more thought and effort should have been applied to her footwear choices. And for goodness sake, make sure it looks clean! And Julia, QVC and any stylists should be ensuring she is appropriately dressed to make the most of the fashion, instead of serving as a warning against buying it!

Find some clothing that works with the footwear, find some better footwear, and stop with the misguided insistence on way too small clothes!

A shorter frame does look better in more fitted garments, but fitted doesn't mean seam-straining, sausage skin tight.

I'm a 'long serving shop assistant' If I turned up for work in grubby trainers and ill fitting white jeggings my manager would be having a serious word with me in his office and I would be issued with a verbal warning.

Honestly these overpaid tat peddlers are not fit to lick the shoes of people who work in proper stores.

No offence meant SusS.

I’ve said that often and they aren’t on exorbitant salaries, a few hours a week (despite some never being off screen), all the freebies you could want and most importantly book deals and fan clubs. Apart from passing chat when paying at the till I‘ve never had to endure hours of their wedding, grandchildren, holidays , pets or pie sandwiches,

In my store it is our job to listen to the customers and offer advice on their purchase should they ask (we sell books for adults and children, toys and games etc, at least when we'er not in lockdown), so if they want to tell us all about their grandchild, holiday etc then we listen, we are aware that for some of our customers it may be the only conversation they have all day...it is never ever the other way around.

No offence meant SusS.

None taken Brissles, :)

She wears the trainers as she has to keep her ankle supported after surgery. The Mr Max dress looked dreadful and it wouldn't matter what her footwear was. It perhaps might have looked a little better if she'd bought the right size.......I've seen her in a maxi dress which looked just as bad beacause that was skin tight.

[/Q

I agree - there's no excuse for dirty or tatty footwear when you're working in the public eye, ill fitting clothes - slightly different. Firstly the wearer might think they look the absolute "bee's knees" and it would take a very brave/skilled person or a very good mate or loved one to point out that they most certainly do not!
For all we know, the presenter (naming no names) has tried on the next size up and it's blatantly too big, so they try a smaller, they manage to squeeze into it and go along with it 'cause it's the lesser of two evils and gives them bragging rights eg, "I'm in the small etc etc". Having said all that - this does not explain the person actually buying the garment to wear on another day. One explanation could be that they're actually given the garment free of charge or even given a fee to be seen wearing it outside of the hour. I guess this gives the brand more credibility, and opens up opportunities for the presenter to say "Ooh I've had a number of texts from viewers asking where I got my dress from?" A lovely viewer, Margaret says she'd like to buy one to wear to her son's wedding.... It's Marla Wynne btw and still available the website. You won't hear that kind of compliment on air if they're wearing something that the channel doesn't sell (even if they're looking stunning!)
Historically you could always tell when a fashion hour was up next because the presenter would be wearing something that didn't look quite right or looked simply awful! A lot of the time, the models look almost as bad in the clothes but at least they are able to remove the offending garments pretty quickly!

" One explanation could be that they're actually given the garment free of charge ..............."

Of course they are ! Its the best job in the world with very little 'work' involved, and why there is never a great turn-over of staff. Get a contracted salary, and pick up whatever takes your fancy at a great discount or as a freebie, ranging from Dyson to Peony to Butler & Wilson, to Skechers, to Lulu Guinness, to Kelly Hoppen, to Lola Rose etc etc etc, and all 'given' on the pretext of being "given to test out " - huh yeah right !

QVC is often described as a department store, well imagine walking into John Lewis and taking your pick at everything on offer and not having to pay for it or getting it heavily discounted, who would give up that ??? hence why nearly all the presenters have been there for over 10 years, and whats betting the newer intake ie Chloe, Alex, Katy, Eiliead(?) wont be going anywhere any time soon, and will still be insitu in 5+ years time - always assuming that QVC hasn't gone under before then.

" One explanation could be that they're actually given the garment free of charge ..............."

Of course they are ! Its the best job in the world with very little 'work' involved, and why there is never a great turn-over of staff. Get a contracted salary, and pick up whatever takes your fancy at a great discount or as a freebie, ranging from Dyson to Peony to Butler & Wilson, to Skechers, to Lulu Guinness, to Kelly Hoppen, to Lola Rose etc etc etc, and all 'given' on the pretext of being "given to test out " - huh yeah right !

QVC is often described as a department store, well imagine walking into John Lewis and taking your pick at everything on offer and not having to pay for it or getting it heavily discounted, who would give up that ??? hence why nearly all the presenters have been there for over 10 years, and whats betting the newer intake ie Chloe, Alex, Katy, Eiliead(?) wont be going anywhere any time soon, and will still be insitu in 5+ years time - always assuming that QVC hasn't gone under before then.

Maybe I'm being naïve but is it just QVC that give away everything because on many occasions I've heard presnters especially on IW who claim to be putting in an order straight after the show or asking a relative to order it for them. Even if they're given the products, I'm talking about clothing specifically, they must be contractually obliged to wear them outside of the hour or outside of work altogether. I'd much rather pay for a garment of my own choosing than have to wear something in public that makes me look like a sack of spuds!

I know it's still retail work, and you don't have to deal with the nitty gritty of dealing with customers I most certainly wouldn't consider it to be the best job in the world...and with respect without actually doing the job, you don't know quite how hard it is. I suspect it looks a lot more cushy than it really is! I think the fact there's not a high turnover of staff can be attributed to a lot more than the freebies! Still no excuse for dirty shoes, however manky your feet are!

She actually said on air that she had managed to order it and it had arrived that day.............................

I have done retail work --- I managed a mens clothing shop around 25 years ago, and stock ordering, managing staff, being responsible for the maintenance of the store, and being on your feet for most of the day is ****** hard work. Compare that with QVC 'staff', none are on air for 8 hours straight, have the opportunity to sit down when presenting jewellery/homewares etc, (in normal times) have make up and hair done, aren't responsible for the scheduling of product shows, so in effect no real responsibility except reading out social media comments, looking at the product card for details and listening to their talk-back for instructions.

Jill Franks rarely wears QVC fashion on air, - who else would want to wear a neon yellow cold shoulder top ?

They don’t all wear qvc stuff. I have noticed on numerous occasions that Jill Franks wears her own. The only th8ng I envy Julia Roberts about are her upper arms. Unfortunately, all the women in my family without exception have horrible loos skin in that are which is why I won’t leave my house in a sleeveless dress or top.

They don’t all wear qvc stuff. I have noticed on numerous occasions that Jill Franks wears her own. The only th8ng I envy Julia Roberts about are her upper arms. Unfortunately, all the women in my family without exception have horrible loos skin in that are which is why I won’t leave my house in a sleeveless dress or top.

She swims apparently, or did.

Latest posts

Back