Dyson Haircare TSV 06/06/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

She'll be digging out the thesaurus again, looking for every variation of a superlative that she can find, and then screaming it at the top of her lungs. The way she talks about these things, you'd think they were the cure for all ills. She is nuts and I can only assume she is on commission for every one sold?

See I do really want to try it! 🙈 but I can not afford it at the moment so will have to cover my eyes and ears!! I wonder how much cheaper than normal it will be 😳

Off topic but looking for recommendations for my hair.

Naturally thick grey and has natural kinks once it is even a little longer than my usual short cut.
Whilst it is soft enough to the touch it looks coarse and I don’t like a lot of product.

I am looking for something to make it look smooth . I used one of those purple shampoos which was good but an awful mess and as we’ve just got a new bathroom stopped using it.
I hated the smell of the Ojon stuff, it actually made me sick.
Tried the Kingsley elesticiser but saw no improvement.

Any suggestions as the growing out layers are bad enough without the wirey look as well.

TIA

Naturally thick grey and has natural kinks once it is even a little longer than my usual short cut.
Whilst it is soft enough to the touch it looks coarse and I don’t like a lot of product.

I am looking for something to make it look smooth . I used one of those purple shampoos which was good but an awful mess and as we’ve just got a new bathroom stopped using it.

Any suggestions as the growing out layers are bad enough without the wirey look as well.

TIA

I've a friend that swears by the Redken range, I think she gets it from lookfantastic, it might be worth having a look and see if anything in their range might suit.

I bought the last Tweak'd TSV and I'm extremely unimpressed and to make it worse I went for auto delivery, by the time I manage to get through to cancel it the second drop will be here!

I've a friend that swears by the Redken range, I think she gets it from lookfantastic, it might be worth having a look and see if anything in their range might suit.

I bought the last Tweak'd TSV and I'm extremely unimpressed and to make it worse I went for auto delivery, by the time I manage to get through to cancel it the second drop will be here!
Thank you

Dyson Airwrap Complete Styling Tool
Item Number: 402427
QVC Price £449.96
Todays Special Value Price £390.00
P&P £0.00
5 Easy Pays of £78.00

The innovative and exciting Dyson Airwrap Complete collection helps to curl, wave, smooth and dry your hair unlike any other styling tool, utilising decades of engineering and scientific expertise to help you achieve gorgeous looks without exposing hair to extreme heat. Whether you want to create a smooth and sleek look, or go for something more voluminous and curled, this collection enables you to do it all.

*A great saving: If you were to buy the Dyson Airwrap Complete Styling Tool directly from Dyson you’d pay £449.99. So for our Today's Special Value price of just £390, including P&P, you’re saving £59.99.

The science behind it - the Coanda effect is an aerodynamic phenomenon that occurs when air, propelled at the right speed and pressure, naturally follows an adjacent surface, drawing in surrounding air. The Dyson Airwrap styler creates a spinning vortex of air around the attachment that gently attracts, wraps and curls hair. There's no awkward clamping, gloves or winding mechanisms, just a gorgeous end result.

Always in control - the intelligent heat control system measures the air temperature over 40 times a second to ensure the heat is always at the optimum level, under 150C, to prevent extreme heat damage.

Powerful engineering - the Airwrap styler is powered by the Dyson digital motor V9. Spinning at up to 110,000rpm, generating 3.2kPa, it’s powerful enough to produce the air pressure needed to create the Coanda effect.

Cut down on styling time - engineered to style your hair from damp, simply use the pre-styling dryer to get your hair roughly 80% dry, then choose your attachment to get your desired look. By combining the water in your hair with powerful airflow and controlled heat, it can style and dry simultaneously to save time, with no extreme heat.

Stylish storage - developed by James Dyson, the storage case protects and neatly stores your Dyson Airwrap styler and its attachments. In a sleek tan colour, it's cushioned with soft fabric and secured by a magnetic clasp.

Attachments explained:
  • Pre-styling dryer takes hair from wet to damp, ready for styling
  • 30mm Airwrap barrels create and set voluminous curls, with clockwise and anti-clockwise barrels for symmetrical curls
  • 40mm Airwrap barrels create and set loose curls or waves, with clockwise and anti-clockwise barrels
  • Firm smoothing brush creates a straighter style with less frizz and fewer flyaways. With firm bristles engineered to control unruly, frizz-prone hair
  • Soft smoothing brush creates a smooth, blow-dry finish, with soft bristles engineered to be gentle on the scalp
  • Round volumising brush directs air into the hair to give body, and the bristles create tension to shape hair as it dries. Ideal for limp, flat hair

What's in the box?
  • 1 x Airwrap base
  • 1 x pre-styling dryer attachment
  • 1 x clockwise 30mm Airwrap barrel attachment
  • 1 x anti-clockwise 30mm Airwrap barrel attachment
  • 1 x clockwise 40mm Airwrap barrel attachment
  • 1 x anti-clockwise 40mm Airwrap barrel attachment
  • 1 x firm smoothing brush attachment
  • 1 x soft smoothing brush attachment
  • 1 x round volumising brush attachment

• 1 x Non-slip mat
  • 1 x Filter cleaning brush
  • Storage case

TIA

I have really thick long hair with a natural kink and I've literally tried everything to make it look glossy and conditioned, and spent a fortune on products too...but have found nothing I'd buy again. My hair's always looked ok but as I've got older it's starting to look dull and gets a bit frizzy...I bought a big can of ORS olive oil spray from Boots...it was cheap as chips and really does the trick without leaving your hair looking like an oil slick...it does have a slight smell to it but it's not an unpleasant one. I love it 'cause you don't have to wash your hair in order to use it..you can just spritz it on anytime. I definitely would recommend it!

Attachments

• sheen.png
    sheen.png
    4.1 KB · Views: 125
Thank you I might give it a go when our Boots opens again.

Mr L was looking out some old photos for a cousin and I saw a couple of me (rare as hens teeth), several decades younger, several stone lighter and lovely dark glossy hair. This has NOT made my week!

i have stuck the photo up to try and motivate me in doing what I can to recover some of that.

Thank you I might give it a go when our Boots opens again.

Mr L was looking out some old photos for a cousin and I saw a couple of me (rare as hens teeth), several decades younger, several stone lighter and lovely dark glossy hair. This has NOT made my week!

Let me know what you think if you get some...I swear by it. I've got some old photos and I love to show them to people at work to show I was once young and bootiful lol!

I've been looking myself and it seems that they've decided to add coconut oil to the mix and reading the reviews people still love it...but there's a contingent of people who don't. I think the original's still available but might have to be purchased on line. To be fair I'm sure the one with added coconut will be good but I can't recommend it as I've not tried it..and if you hate the smell of coconut then it'll be no good. I'd def look online for the original 'cause like I say it's brilliant. I too checked out boots and it seems they only do a lotion....and I don't want a lotion, I like the convenience of a spray. When mine runs out I hope that it's not too hard to find...might just order another just in case!

Looks like eBay's the best bet for the original. There's quite a few sellers out there with varying prices. My can bought a fair while back was about £4 and the can's massive...I'm happy to pay a bit more and factor in P&P. Got a horrible feeling this product's gonna be hard to get soon. I'm willing to try the one with added coconut as well 'cause I actually quite like the smell - it's cheap enough to throw out if it's no good..But bloomin' typical find something you really like and they either change the formula or discontinue it altogether. Never forgiven Boots for changing the colour of my go to lipstick "Plum beautiful"..as described...a beautiful plum colour to a brick brown!

TIA

I had the Aveda Daily Repair leave-in cream in the M&S beauty box for Christmas. I'd tried the Damage Repair mask and hated it but since we've been on lockdown I thought I'd try it.

I'm well impressed. It doesn't matter what I wash and condition my hair with this stuff leaves it incredibly soft and smooth - I have greying curls that feel like a Brillo pad so having soft, touchable hair is a lovely novelty. There are loads of 25ml samples on eBay so you can try it without shelling out too much but make sure it's the Daily leave-in version.

Hair oil, yes that is right. Double crown slight kink thick hair which I home colour and blond hair is never as shiny as darker hair I just cannot be arsed with so the hairdresser trying to talk me into a bob will never happen. Now, the one I will name is selling your firstborn but I got it in a kit half price in the sale very little needed. Oribe Gold Lust hair oil. Now there are others you can buy but my hair is smooth soft shiny. Hair oils will not leave your hair greasy you only need a tiny amount and it helps smooth down the cutcile of the hair hence a very smooth shiny finish. Styling products moose etc will dull your hair down and cause build up.

Latest posts

Back