Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I got this snap of MM before he moved into shopping telly. His line then was "Psst! Gov! Wanna buy a wristwatch?" unnamed.jpg

One thing I can't stand about "cheap" quartz watches, is the second hand not hitting the markers:mad:
Just lazy in my opinion and is why I only have mechanical/ automatic pieces

I know what you mean, and some are not that cheap, add changing the batteries to that, i've a few quartz and they all need different batteries, some are easy enough to change but some are awkward and a right pest, especially as eyes get worse with age. :ROFLMAO: Actually one of the easiest ones to change and seconds had hits every marker spot on is my £20 Kahuna, a great cheap beater watch.

OMG they still got some left this morning.They were selling out fast late last night according to PS.Check out your baskets now 😂 😂

Peter and Kevin were really going for it on the watch shows last night, talk about laying it on thick!

Peter was giving us the sob story about watch manufacturers struggling during these difficult times (I'm surprised they didn't start playing sad music in the background that radio shows use!) Whilst that may indeed be true and my sympathies go to any struggling business or those losing work, part of me sat there thinking about the irony of his comment. Yes, companies around the globe are struggling, however so are individuals. And yet here you are, still peddling watches during 'these difficult times' that cost hundreds, actively encouraging people to 'just buy it!'

STOP COMING OUT WITH GUFF like 'I'll be honest with ya Kevin, I wanted this watch to come to air with a price tag of £5,000.' … 'I hear you Peter, I hear you' says Kevin in reply. What, a watch you're selling for circa £500 that others are selling for circa £500? So it's obviously selling at it's correct retail value.

STOP COMING OUT WITH GUFF like 'this watch will be selling in Saudi Arabia with many more zeros on the price and in high end stores in New York with no price tag on it.' Really? A watch you're selling for a few hundred is selling to Saudi princes for maybe £50,000? (bear in mind he said 'many more zeros' so I'm not exaggerating with my £50k estimate ... unless Peter was maybe exaggerating but surely not, no, not Peter.)

STOP BLATANTLY LYING by regularly stating how these watches should not be selling at these prices when a quick look online often reveals most are selling them for similar prices maybe with a slight +/- variance either side.

STOP COMING OUT WITH GUFF like 'a mean Kevin, this shouldn't be up for that price!' ... 'I hear you Peter, someone's going to be in trouble tomorrow for pressing the wrong button on the keyboard!' Really? Your office staff must be pretty pants then as they seem to 'make pricing mistakes' quite regularly. You'd think they'd have learnt by now, along with your buying staff who never seem to buy enough stock to see you through the allocated number of shows.

Stop bleating on about 'and can we take this opportunity to thank John, Mary, Betty, Tam, Casper, Tom, Judith, William, Andy and Randy who do all they can behind the scenes to bring these watches to you.' Reality check. WE'RE DOING YOU THE FAVOUR BY BUYING, YOU'RE NOT DOING US FAVOURS, YOU AND THOSE BEHIND THE SCENES ARE DOING THEIR JOB.

Do presenters get commission each time they use the word 'SuperLuperWuperZuperNova' ? Jeez, I had a £5.99 Casio 40 years back that glowed in the dark!

Actually no, I take it all back. How fortunate the public is to have channels like IW that are obviously owned by people with VERY deep pockets who live their life in a VERY altruistic way. Why? Because they constantly sell us stuff for a fraction of the price it should be selling for. So they're obviously operating at a loss on each item they sell. I mean take the watches as an example, they're selling us £5,000 watches for £500. Sometimes they even sell us watches for £500 that are selling in Saudi for £50,000. You'd think the Saudi's would cotton on to this and start buying from the charity that is IW.

Love how we are all getting a heat wave, it's 13 here this morning, think we're rising to a sweltering 15 degrees with 40 mph winds this afternoon, although might get up to 20 midweek. Boneco? nope don't need. :ROFLMAO:
Excuse my ignorance, but are these Boneco's just a fan??? Swiss quality but made in, guess???
China:rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

Has Peter (slap me leg and call me Roger) Simon got some kind of business interest in these watches? He always says he has long discussions with Kevin and the team etc and last night said 'we've had a week of it me and Kev'.

I thought he was a presenter? What's any of the behind the scenes stuff got to do with him?

Has Peter (slap me leg and call me Roger) Simon got some kind of business interest in these watches? He always says he has long discussions with Kevin and the team etc and last night said 'we've had a week of it me and Kev'.

I thought he was a presenter? What's any of the behind the scenes stuff got to do with him?
I don't know what his business connection to KR are, but he knows naff all about watches. Finds it difficult to open straps, and can't even work a chronometer:rolleyes:

Kevin advised last night how a pair of watches they were selling (same watch, 2 different colours) came in at a combined weight of nearly 0.5kg's because we all know weight = quality. Why the combined weight mattered I don't know, unless they're going to start a trend of people wearing two of each timepiece to encourage multi-buy. Give it a year or so ...

Peter: 'What's the weight of this one Kevin, feels like it's got some REAL weight to it.'
Kevin: 'You're not wrong Peter. I can exclusively reveal that is our first 1kg watch.'
Peter: 'Ya know I did wonder if it were a 1 litre watch, thanks for clarifying Kevin. Does it have LuperZuperTruperSuperNova?'
Kevin: 'Yes, each watch has 20 gallons of it, expertly poured into the case by Bavarian virgins.'
Peter: 'And the case size Kevin?'
Kevin: '5 kilometers by 5 kilometers and 1 kilometer deep. Each watch comes with a sat nav and moped to navigate and get around it on.'
Peter: 'Ya know Kevin, these sell in Saudi for upwards of £1,000,000,000,000'

Peter Sherlock on TJC now shilling some magic wand thingy. Just mentioned he's 52. Let's stop and think about this for a second. Peter's had access to the word's best pills and potions for decades surely. And yet here he is, aged 52, looking … emmm … all of his years.

This tells us two things.

1. Presenters don't half spout some guff about what these pills and potions will do for us.
2. If they worked, Peter would be a walking advert for them and would look in his 30s maybe 40s.

Oh yeah that's right, the caveat, 'individual results may vary' ;)

Peter Sherlock on TJC now shilling some magic wand thingy. Just mentioned he's 52. Let's stop and think about this for a second. Peter's had access to the word's best pills and potions for decades surely. And yet here he is, aged 52, looking … emmm … all of his years.

This tells us two things.

1. Presenters don't half spout some guff about what these pills and potions will do for us.
2. If they worked, Peter would be a walking advert for them and would look in his 30s maybe 40s.

Oh yeah that's right, the caveat, 'individual results may vary' ;)

...And I'm pretty sure he's had "work done" in fact I seem to remember him talking about it openly back in the day. Skin care's a difficult one as it's either the product you use or it isn't..so when the presenter harks on about them "swearing by a brand" they need to remember not to same the same thing about a different brand a week or two later. Either tell the ****** truth, or stick to one brand to lie about and stick with it! There's absolutely nothing wrong with the presenter rubbing to the back of the hand and tell us the texture's nice, it smells nice or doesn't smell at all..but if they don't use it..don't lie! And the presenters who actually need the stuff (anti aging that is) I can't name one that looks ridiculously young for their age..unless Denise is 80!

Two years is the BS default.

We've been trying to get these in for two years

This has been two years in the making

Igor spent two years sourcing the right materials

You forgot Dirk Motz (Constantin Weisz) took two years to design the so called Suspension case.

The same case that two brands on the V Channel, Polanti & Carrero have been using for a few years.

Emma would like to know if anybody at home has seen a watch like the drum movement watch.

Hi Emma, would email you but IW ignore my comments on your shows, but and I know IW read here, hopefully someone will kindly pass it on. ;)

Go to Ali Express, they've heaps of drum movement watches, although be prepared to splash out, they range for £8 to £23, I know at times like these we can ill afford to spend such sums, but if you like them, even if you don't need it, just buy it, the Chinese need your custom. :)

Latest posts

Back