Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

And now we have them selling a Beldray 16" pedestal fan.
Really wonder if any regular viewer would even look at this item, as for the last fortnight Ideal World have done all they could to rubbish pedestal fans, basically been calling it old tech and crap, in favour of the Boneco air shower fans.
But I suppose when you've no Boneco's left, pedestal fans are great again. :ROFLMAO:

The 'expert' who demos various stuff (the Irish guy?) was REALLY putting traditional fans down a few nights back. Had a blade out of one to compare it with the blade of the Boneco. This included bending the traditional blade this way and that to show how pants it is.

And here they are selling a traditional fan that no doubt has a similar blade inside ;)

They've obviously done extensive research that shows the average buyer of IW products has a memory span of 3 minutes max :)

The 'expert' who demos various stuff (the Irish guy?) was REALLY putting traditional fans down a few nights back. Had a blade out of one to compare it with the blade of the Boneco. This included bending the traditional blade this way and that to show how pants it is.

And here they are selling a traditional fan that no doubt has a similar blade inside ;)

They've obviously done extensive research that shows the average buyer of IW products has a memory span of 3 minutes max :)

I saw bits of that, he was bending it etc like you say, then later looked back in, he must have managed to snap a part of the blade off with all the bending. He tries to come across as a coothie harmless innocent type, personally wouldn't trust a word he says, i'm a cynic when it comes to these folk on TV trying to act as though they've got your interests at heart.:cautious::ROFLMAO:

5 mins into tonights Swan & rubisher watches and I'm cringing already. Car crash telly at its best:rolleyes:
Sycophants laughing at PS jokes

I'm finding the Richborough watch quite interesting, i'm trying to decide if the person who picked the design was pissed at the time or just picked a heap of different looks for aesthetics reasons rather than practical ones.
I'm at a loss as to why you'd have a Diver's Bezel and a Tachymeter on the dial, maybe they want you to measure how fast your swimming when you go diving, oh but wait it's only 30mtr water resistant so shouldn't even take it in a shower let alone go swimming or diving.:unsure:

PS's jokes are older than me, but I suppose his captive audience haven't heard them as they're too young:LOL:
And now it's Tommy Cooper

Oh and then we have the Military watch, wonder what military would wear that thing. :ROFLMAO:

Anyway, it's a really expensive watch, IP plated, weighty watch almost 1/4 of a kilo (that's the importance of weight thing again Cheeky Chappie;):ROFLMAO:), incredible timepiece, one of the most expensive cases Swan & Edgar have made (that actually doesn't mean a lot) blah, blah, Peter says to give you an idea as to how low the price is, he lauds the bracelet with superlatives and says it would cost £80 - £90 alone.

Strangely enough they have one revue for this watch.

"Very poor the plating on the bracelet was peeling off,very disappointed had to send the watch back for a refund"

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I saw a slice of last nights Beldray fan show. I believe I'm not alone when I say I was struggling to understand the concept of a pedestal fan and how it moves air around a room. Thankfully, Peter came to the rescue with a beautifully succinct explanation which put the mystery of the machine into layman's terms.

(Quote)

"An air circulation of vortex of powerful air."

Thank a million, Pete. All I can say is I wish you'd been fronting the governments coronavirus daily briefings, you would have made sense out of all the scientific mumbo-jumbo.

I see "first layer of leather" is another new buzz saying for these watch 'experts'.

You have to laugh at the guys describing how he links the look of the watch with Britain. A blue and white dial represents the waves on a river splashing against the river banks. :ROFLMAO:
As for the pick of the day, that cheap aluminium bezel is going to mark quite easily, looks like the same quality as my £20 Kahuna.
and he selects every watchmaker that works on it, I'm pretty sure he didn't visit the Chinese sweat shop to hand pick each poor sod, that is paid a pittance, to make these hand assembled luxury timepieces. :ROFLMAO:

A question for you watch experts:

Aren't all types of watches hand assembled to one extent or another? If so isn't that process enough to extend the 'hand assembly' claim to any watch, albeit a £5 Bolex right up to the masterpieces of horology as seen on IW?

They seem to think IP plating equates quality, IP gold, IP rose gold, IP black, it's just a cheap covering to look like something else😒

Similar to boasting their furniture is covered in luxurious bonded leather :) Put on a sincere voice and almost anything can be promoted as quality.

'This table is made from only the finest medium density fibreboard overlaid with top quality real wood.'

In other words the table's made from MDF covered with a very thin layer of veneer :)

A question for you watch experts:

Aren't all types of watches hand assembled to one extent or another? If so isn't that process enough to extend the 'hand assembly' claim to any watch, albeit a £5 Bolex right up to the masterpieces of horology as seen on IW?

Yeah I commented on this a few pages back. A watch comprising 1000 components is hand made, however so is one comprising 4 components :) Just another sales technique to promote the 'quality' of the product. Put it this way, Bentley cars are hand made, however so were Lada's :)

Oh and then we have the Military watch, wonder what military would wear that thing. :ROFLMAO:

Anyway, it's a really expensive watch, IP plated, weighty watch almost 1/4 of a kilo (that's the importance of weight thing again Cheeky Chappie;):ROFLMAO:), incredible timepiece, one of the most expensive cases Swan & Edgar have made (that actually doesn't mean a lot) blah, blah, Peter says to give you an idea as to how low the price is, he lauds the bracelet with superlatives and says it would cost £80 - £90 alone.

Strangely enough they have one revue for this watch.

"Very poor the plating on the bracelet was peeling off,very disappointed had to send the watch back for a refund"

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I caught some of the Swan & Edgar show last night. Jokes aside, I don't know if the brand ambassador (or is he an owner of the company, the young guy?) did this off his own back or if he's been coached by IW, but he was laying on the 'I don't believe these prices' routine a bit too thickly, as in FAR too thickly.

'Don't show me the price Peter, it's genuinely making me upset.'
'Can't we just move on to the next watch Peter, I can't bear the price we're selling this one at.'

Etc. Combined with Peter doing his usual routine e.g. 'you're getting a £500 Swan & Edgar for £99.99' it was farcical. Here's me thinking like an idiot that Swan & Edgar will have agreed to all the prices with IW prior to the show going to air. I didn't realise IW just pick whatever price they want. No wonder the brand ambassadors can't bear it, poor guys and girls ;)

Latest posts

Back