Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

If you are an arsehole being a doctor only makes you an arsehole with a bit of knowledge.

It takes a lot of time and effort to become a doctor/consultant so you would wonder why do it when your people skills are non existent. Perhaps they start out ok and time takes it toll?

anyway really glad to see a bit of sleep in your own home has given you the lift you badly needed.

Dream Girl can give you good advice from her training but the rest of us are rooting for you in our own inadequate way.

Aw, look at that lovely little resigned face!
Look at that little tummy. Gorgeous tubby custard

Glad you`re out Mazza and here`s hoping its onwards and upwards for you.
You escaped! Sounds like that inmate (with the number) is upset - or is she one of the Gerries?

Now - go easy, slow & steady, allow more time, have routine. Down get down when it all feels too much - & it will without the safety net of the OT, etc. Remember your nice? neighbours & don't be afraid to ask for help.

Gosh it is TIRING looking after yourself on crutches in a f*****g great boot isn't it? Well at least my newspaper liaison officer/neighbour did well at the kiosk and the Sunday Times was here first thing so I have read that. I just had a ready meal lunch (this will be the staple going forward!) and washed up. I did a gentle saunter along the front of the block, say a round trip of 70-80yds, and am now back to sit bootfree until about 6.00. Then they all want welcome home drinks. I most certainly don't want to go but must show willing!

I got a call from another neighbour and screwed up my courage to ask her to be back up driver for my appointment at St George's and she agreed! Relief.

Brilliant! At least things are at your pace and you know that your things are clean and if you want to eat at 6 or9 o’clock it’s your decision not made to facilitate a rota.

Take the opportunity to read, watch TV or whatever takes your pleasure to pass the time as time is what this will take.

Even if you can’t take a drink due to meds at least you will be amongst people with whom you can have a conversation.

I hope you intend to rock the Julia foot injury look of dirty gold sneakers?

Aw, look at that lovely little resigned face!
Look at that little tummy. Gorgeous tubby custard

Oh, I thought you meant me as you were replying to my post. I was going to say I haven't been called a gorgeous tubby custard before.

I'm so pleased, I was awake at 3am & thinking about how you'd coped since getting home. Being really personal because you can't shower can you get someone to buy baby wipes? Boots sell their own non-plastic ones that smell divine & my husband takes them on climbing trips - the fragrance doesn't last long but makes him more people-friendly, your need will be less pungent than his! As for the consultant's comment, he's not worth thinking about but defo needs to be dealt with by his superiors; just before I retired I saw an FY1 at our surgery, I went with a question & came out with the information that she thought I needed an urgent referral for pancreatic cancer. As a newly qualified doctor she could be excused her insensitive gaffe, the person you saw can't. Have a peaceful day 💐

Another idea, buy a stock of Australian Bodycare ones from Q and send them all back, used or otherwise, under the 60 day MBG?

I was reading a travel article in the newspaper today about the city of Cologne which is the birthplace of 4711. Napolean was paranoid about his body odour back in a time when baths were rare and clothes were worn for months on end and it seems he used a full bottle of cologne each day to wipe down his body and 4711 was one of those colognes. Anyway it seems since Covid took hold that the 4711 cologne wipes have become ever more popular and have had a resurgence so they might make a pleasant change Mazza for wiping armpits, feet or whatever. I never knew that 4711 cologne was originally made to be drunk but at a later date became a body cologne instead because Napolean insisted all oral medication ingredients were listed and the recipe for 4711 is a secret originally made by Monks and so they changed it from being a drink to a fragrance so as to not betray the ingredients.
Here`s the link below to the article and I notice the wipes are widely available from many websites at around £2 a pack.

Hi Mazza hope life is on the up there is life at the end of the tunnel even though the tunnel looks a long one! I have had some surprisingly lowpoints over the last few days, where do they come from?I sat myself down and talked myself up into normality again.Not easy but—-,! Keep positive If at all possible!

Hi Mazza hope life is on the up there is life at the end of the tunnel even though the tunnel looks a long one! I have had some surprisingly lowpoints over the last few days, where do they come from?I sat myself down and talked myself up into normality again.Not easy but—-,! Keep positive If at all possible!
I'm sorry that's happened, remembering what you've been through & the Chinese horror I'm not surprised ❤ When I lost hope a couple of months ago I decided to stop thinking about all the things I loved, enjoyed or missed & just concentrate on being busy in the moment. I've never experienced depression or any mental turmoil before but now have a little understanding of how awful it must be to deal with dark days on a regular basis - plans, however small, & thinking positively helped me.

I was reading a travel article in the newspaper today about the city of Cologne which is the birthplace of 4711. Napolean was paranoid about his body odour back in a time when baths were rare and clothes were worn for months on end and it seems he used a full bottle of cologne each day to wipe down his body and 4711 was one of those colognes. Anyway it seems since Covid took hold that the 4711 cologne wipes have become ever more popular and have had a resurgence so they might make a pleasant change Mazza for wiping armpits, feet or whatever. I never knew that 4711 cologne was originally made to be drunk but at a later date became a body cologne instead because Napolean insisted all oral medication ingredients were listed and the recipe for 4711 is a secret originally made by Monks and so they changed it from being a drink to a fragrance so as to not betray the ingredients.
Here`s the link below to the article and I notice the wipes are widely available from many websites at around £2 a pack.
Thank you Vienna, I love 4711 & I've always been quite fond of Napoleon. The sight of the wrapper, especially on the watch bottle, takes me back to childhood because there was always a bottle on my grandmother's dressing table. I also love Bronnley English Fern & always said that when I was grown up I'd wear it - started doing that on my 60th.

Thank you Vienna, I love 4711 & I've always been quite fond of Napoleon. The sight of the wrapper, especially on the watch bottle, takes me back to childhood because there was always a bottle on my grandmother's dressing table. I also love Bronnley English Fern & always said that when I was grown up I'd wear it - started doing that on my 60th.
Oh I love the Bronnley English Fern and during warmer months I use cologne and pat it over my chest, arms and back of my neck. Bronnley EF is one of my faves, 4711 too and Boots do a huge bottle of their own brand cologne for just a couple of £`s. Once in a blue moon when Penhaligons have a sale I buy their Quercus cologne which is unisex so I hide it from Mr V but that tends to be just a once a year buy because its damned expensive at full price.

My granny always had a bottle of 4711 in her handbag. No idea what she actually did with it other than carry it around in her handbag? She had the same bottle for years.
One of the uses years ago for 4711 was to dampen your hanky with it and wipe it across your forehead. It was supposed to help clear a headache and was also used to cool hot body parts when having a menopausal flush.

I'm sorry that's happened, remembering what you've been through & the Chinese horror I'm not surprised ❤ When I lost hope a couple of months ago I decided to stop thinking about all the things I loved, enjoyed or missed & just concentrate on being busy in the moment. I've never experienced depression or any mental turmoil before but now have a little understanding of how awful it must be to deal with dark days on a regular basis - plans, however small, & thinking positively helped me.
I’m taking antidepressants for menopausal issues but they are having a very positive effect on my mood as well. I have asked the doctor if I can stay on them for life as I feel so much better. He has agreed! As to the hot flushes they remain!

Have you tried a product derived from sage? When I had them I found that was a help plus a fan on a remote control which I could turn on and off in bed without disturbing Mr L

i dont know if this will be a laugh or send you into hyper but I had the menopause in 1997 and I still have some hot flushes in 2920! Admittedly they aren’t the panic sort just warm!

Have you tried a product derived from sage? When I had them I found that was a help plus a fan on a remote control which I could turn on and off in bed without disturbing Mr L

i dont know if this will be a laugh or send you into hyper but I had the menopause in 1997 and I still have some hot flushes in 2920! Admittedly they aren’t the panic sort just warm!
Yes tried sage. I cannot take any oestrogen products due to health. 3 years of flushes now after stopping HRT. I’m retired so at least can just sit/lie there until I feel better. I need to speak to the doctor to find out if there are any other solutions.

on A more serious note Mr L has been experiencing menopause systems of panic etc and thinks it may be associated with thyroid medication.

I sailed through my menopause but I had a dodgy thyroid which I believe is the reason. When my thyroid started going overactive I just put it down to menopause I was around 52 and sweating like mad and my hands were shaking. I was told to go to the doctor by friends and even people in work but just kept saying oh its the menopause. It wasn't until a woman driving passed me in the street stopped got out and walked over to me and asked did I need help? That shocked me to go to the doctor and no it was not the menopause which according to tests I had not started. So when the real thing hit I was hot for like 10-20 seconds and very little flushing which stopped at my neck and never went up to my face.

Latest posts

Back