Fashion Sale TSV 03/08/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think the biggest disappointment for anyone was to get a 2020 planner😂this year can well and truly do one 🤔
You're so right. Our fourth grandchild was born at the end of June, poor baby what a year. Our daughter is sticking to the 2 metre rule & not allowing anyone in the house, I can understand that she wants to keep her family safe & well but the older two went back to school for the last few weeks of the term & our son in law's returned to work so they're not living in a sanitised bubble. I asked if we were exempt & she said "It's the garden or nothing", I'm not doing two long journeys to sit in a garden, unable to have contact with the children & having to use a loo at the services so meeting this little girl will have to wait. My Mr T's seeing a customer today, it's near to where they live so is calling in - he's been told that he'll have to keep his distance & if he needs to lunch to take his own..!

Swelteringly hot where I am - 35 miles north of London. Here we are, mid afternoon, and haven't taken the dog out as its tooooo hot. So its an evening walk for her.

Twilight, don't blame you. Thats a bit harsh - Garden or Nothing. I'm in the over 70 vulnerable category, but even I have started to 'relax'. Had a friend in for a cuppa indoors, but at distance, but tbh I've never been any closer than 4ft from my mates - just my comfort zone. Ok we dont hug anymore, but its not something I miss; and I've been to hers, with me in a chair the opposite end of the lounge to where she sits. Its been ok, no big deal, and better than nothing. I suppose where children are involved its difficult as children are tactile so nobody wins in this situation.

I had a new nephew born at the beginning of April, but no one in the family has seen him yet. He'll be at nursery before that happens I think !!

Centigrade Faux Leather Biker Jacket
Item Number: 182965
QVC Price £65.00
Todays Special Value Price £25.98
P&P £3.95

Offering an on-trend biker style, this faux leather jacket from Centigrade features an asymmetric zip fastening, vertical quilting on the shoulders and metal plate details plus a rever collar. Whether you're after a stylish layer to enhance your everyday look or an elegant addition to classic evening outfits, this biker jacket will prove to be a versatile addition to your wardrobe.

What's the occasion? - no matter what your day holds, you can add an element of interest to any outfit with an easy-to-wear biker jacket. From layering over your daytime ensemble when running errands to teaming with a jumpsuit for an elegant evening option, this jacket will be a much-loved addition to your repertoire.

Wardrobe staple - if you want a go-to piece that you can rely on to complement any outfit, this jacket is the ideal option. Embrace the contemporary biker style by layering over the top of a classic white T-shirt and a pair of slim-fit jeans, or create a statement look by wearing with a feminine midi dress and heeled ankle boots.

The choice is yours - with five gorgeous colours to choose from, there's a jacket to suit every taste. For a neutral option that'll go with everything, try Black, Grey or Light Beige, or for a splash of on-trend colour, opt for Olive or Oxblood.

• Front: 100% polyurethane
  • Back: 91% polyester, 7% viscose, 2% cotton
  • Lining: 100% polyester
  • Machine washable at 30C

Colour options:

• Black
  • Grey
  • Olive
  • Oxblood
  • Light Beige

Garment measurements:

• Chest: XS: 90.2cm (35.5"), S: 95.3cm (37.5"), M: 100.3cm (39.5"), L: 107.9cm (42.5"), XL: 115.6cm (45.5"), 2XL: 125.7cm (49.5"), 3XL: 135.9cm (53.5")
  • Length: XS: 52.8cm (20.8"), S: 53.3cm (21"), M: 54.6cm (21.5"), L: 55.9cm (22"), XL: 57.9cm (22.8"), 2XL: 58.4cm (23"), 3XL: 59.7cm (23.5")

All measurements are approximate

The consensus appears to be size up if you want to do it up ! whats the point of a jacket if you CANT do it up ??? All very well rabbiting on about the fit, but I have to 'size up' to accommodate the tops of my arms. Which many designers do not cater for. Over the years I have bought so many jackets/frocks with sleeves/tops, that even sizing up they can still too narrow, so have been returned.

Natasha the plus size gal, should not really be wearing this. Its too long in the sleeve, which cant be rectified, and it barely covers her chest, so doing it up is a no no.

Anyway, waist length jackets like this look slightly ridiculous on me at my age as opposed to being 'edgy', I'd rather look boho floaty than some ageing last chance trendy.. This looks daft on Ruth Langsford and she's 10 years younger !!!

DF is commenting about being in the large which she said the XL everyone she said she wasn’t to wear, as it was bigger on her on the shoulders and arms.
To which Glen said even though in the XL you could have zipped it up, but you never will and this jacket in the large is a better fit for you.
Oh my word how come a jacket that you can’t even close, cause it’s too small is a better fit?
In my eyes if something won’t zip or button up then it’s too flipping small, hence in my view it doesn’t fit!!!
If the next size up will close but is massive then the sizing is all wrong.
Maybe my view comes from when I was a young girl out shopping with my parents.
We were in an expensive men’s wear shop with my father trying a suit style jacket.
I recall my father coming out in this jacket buttoning it up and my mother pointing out the vent in the back was opening up.
Oh then with the salesman saying to my Dad to unbutton the jacket and that the vent then lay flat.
Oh my word that didn’t go down at all very well with my mother especially with the cost of the jacket.
The guy was told by my mother why would her husband buy a jacket he couldn’t even fasten and he shouldn’t be happy to sell it like that.
Gosh we were then out of the place before I could blink.

A jacket that doesn't do up is a bolero or a shrug. I read these first two posts & had a look, even though I'd never buy a plastic jacket made in China, & IMO it doesn't do anyone any favours. Fibby & Glen seemed to be having a competition over who could talk the most without taking a breath - exhausting.

Well....I have more positives to say about this tsv than negatives. I'll begin with the positives. It's actually a bargain in QVC terms, in that it's almost a saving of £40 from the original price. It comes in a lovely choice of colours, I like the detailing. I'm not gonna be too hard on them for suggesting that if you want to do it up then go a size up as it's true in that when worn as a fashion item you rarely see them done up. Biker jackets are skimpy and tight in style, so if you are fairly well endowed then it will feel and look like a straightjacket. ..so no harm in opting for a bit of comfort. Personally I wouldn't want to buy something that I can't actually do up comfortably because there are times when you're out and the weather changes and you feel a bit cold - you will need to.
Only a couple of negatives...I'd have liked to have seen the usual stud detailing on the collar and around the waist band as without it makes the collar look a bit big and flappy. The other being that the faux leather they've used looks really cheap and plasticky so there'd be no question about whether or not it's the real thing - it's glaringly obvious that it's not. Unfortunately I think this negative wipes out all the positives in one fell swoop. There are many faux bikers on the market, and ok not this cheap but I'd sooner pay a little more and get something better!

To me biker jackets fall into the same category as a coatigan - the opportunities to wear it are few and far between. They don’t look right buttoned/zipped up so you need a dry day but not breezy or too warm (usually plastic) I.e. third Wednesday in May!

i have a faux one I bought at least 10+ years ago and did wear if going out but indoors (pub etc) and an expensive leather one I‘ve only worn one or twice and is now a wee bit small .

To me biker jackets fall into the same category as a coatigan - the opportunities to wear it are few and far between. They don’t look right buttoned/zipped up so you need a dry day but not breezy or too warm (usually plastic) I.e. third Wednesday in May!

i have a faux one I bought at least 10+ years ago and did wear if going out but indoors (pub etc) and an expensive leather one I‘ve only worn one or twice and is now a wee bit small .

I agree, you can’t wear the TSV in summer, too warm, can’t wear it in Autumn/Winter, too wet, cold and windy. You may be lucky enough to get that one day in spring when it’s not too hot, not too cold, not too wet and not too windy that you could wear it on that day........but I wouldn’t hold my breath. Coats or jackets you can’t do up go right over my head as to what they’re actually for.

I'm having problems with the weather as well. I have a rack of jackets and coats - in theory suitable for all types of weather, BUT they aint, and are now rarely worn. We might have a couple of below freezing nights (in the South anyway), and perhaps a week or two of cold weather in the winter months, but the times of wearing thick winter coats are over, and the warm to hot weather seems to start in March through to October !

I look at my 'stash' and think exactly like Shoppy, too hot, too wet, too windy, and then the same jacket gets thrown on because its hung in the hall ! Its the same with clothes now. I have a number of summer frocks that would normally be ideal, but due to the hot temperatures we get now, I would be sweating in (and they're not poly/elastene !).

Dream Girl -
"DF is commenting about being in the large which she said the XL everyone she said she wasn’t to wear, as it was bigger on her on the shoulders and arms.
To which Glen said even though in the XL you could have zipped it up, but you never will and this jacket in the large is a better fit for you.
Oh my word how come a jacket that you can’t even close, cause it’s too small is a better fit?"

I heard this, and thought exactly the same, what the hell was he babbling about ? As another has said it looks plasticky, so in effect its only worth the reduced price its offered at.

1596457564243.png
This is the "biker jacket" I have and after the conversation on here I decided to wear it today...it's what I call a grown up version of the biker jacket! It's size 14 so a size up than I'd normally buy but it means I can do it up comfortably and wear more than just a t shirt or vest underneath. I couldn't be fussy 'cause it was an extremely lucky find in a boot sale some years ago - I paid £4 for it! It's a beautifully soft leather and has a satin lining. It's in mint condition too! Lakeland are still selling it for £199 down from £299 so I was ridiculously lucky really. I think I prefer this style as it can be worn with a smart outfit and still has that edgy casual look without looking like I'm going through a mid life crisis!

All I would say is check out the reviews of folk who have already had their hands on the jackets they are selling. Hopefully that will aid you to make your mind up, if they are worth going for. But also the fact that earlier on I heard Craig say they were positive there would be some jackets available on wait list really does set alarm bells off with me as well.

I got 3 casual linen mix shirts and 2 semi smart shirts in Marks sale average £9.50 each. This would hardly cover the Q post. Those that I’ve worn have washed well
the m&S sale is fabulous beautiful linen shirts £10-£12.50 free delivery at your local store fab!

I bought a long sleeve blouse on the Marks sale for £6 (and no p&P).

I bought a long sleeve blouse on the Marks sale for £6 (and no p&P).
Yes mine ranged between £6 to £12 The dearer 2 weeks ago - will probably be even less in the next 2 weeks. I could have got more but with no changing rooms I only bothered with things I was pretty certain would fit but there were lovely T-shirt’s between 3 and 5 and loads of jeans but those I really need to try on and couldn’t be bothered returning loads as the clothes store is some distance from home and the local food you can collect but not return.

Latest posts

Back