Ecoegg TSV 21/08/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Do they work? Any experiences anyone? Curry stains? Bolognese stains?

CC
My DIL bought one of the laundry eggs because one of my grandkids suffers from eczema so she figured the ecoegg would be better for her skin. She said it was useless on stains and binned it after a couple of weeks. The girls don`t get mega dirty like babies or toddlers might do but even grubby school uniforms came out dingy not clean. She went back to using liquid detergent,

Thank you Vienna. This would be completely useless on Mr CC's shirts. If Persil, Ariel, Stain shifter and all the rest can't do it then Eco Egg (as I suspected) is a con.

CC

I use them for 30 degree eco washes which is a small load & sometimes for towels. I love the concept but they don't work in full loads or if the stuff's really dirty. The Ecoegg product I do really like is the Hard Surface Cleaner - good size pot, complete with sponge & lovely choice of fragrances. I buy soap bars that don't contain palm oil, I love them but they leave the basin with an awful scum & this product's the only one that cuts through that.

I changed over to using the eggs about a year ago. I use a stain remover spray (Sainsbury's own brand) before washing. Now I'm on my own I save the washing until I have a full load and don't have a problem with getting things clean - I only use the 40 degree cycle. My clothes don't get very dirty but I like chocolate! I find the stains come out OK - chocolate, gravy, custard, Bolognese sauce all come out of the tea towels too.

I use them for 30 degree eco washes which is a small load & sometimes for towels. I love the concept but they don't work in full loads or if the stuff's really dirty. The Ecoegg product I do really like is the Hard Surface Cleaner - good size pot, complete with sponge & lovely choice of fragrances. I buy soap bars that don't contain palm oil, I love them but they leave the basin with an awful scum & this product's the only one that cuts through that.

Coincidentally, I was just looking at this as it's in the Robert Dyas Clearance sale. 500g pots in Lavender or Orange Blossom for £1.50 or 1kg pot in Orange Blossom for £2. It may well be online only but I might try some if I can get a little order together and do click and collect for free P&P.

I tried them a while ago but my clothes came out greyish after a few washes so I threw them away. Another waste of money. Give me good old laundry liquid any day.

I had one a while back and was actually pretty impressed with it, I managed to get myself a 720 wash one for £5 in Robert Dyas plus a bag of refill beads for another £1. At first I was really pleased with it and I used it for over a year. To me laundry was clean and smelled fresh. It was oh that made me go back to regular detergent when he told me he “wasn’t convinced “ by it and said he was gonna buy some Ariel and do his own stuff. In the end I thought I don’t want to be faffing around with separate washing so I didn’t buy any more refills (which by this time had gone up to full price). Anyhow it was like “coming home” washing seemed cleaner and fresher, whites were brighter. I think I wanted them to work so much that I convinced myself they did. I will say though that the Eco egg stain remover paste you can buy is genuinely excellent.

I like to be eco friendly too and also to ensure I`m using cruelty free laundry products. I switched to using SMOL laundry pods a while ago and they`re great. They also do dishwashing tabs and have recently developed a fabric softener too. They deliver to your home and the price is as good if not better than supermarket prices. The laundry pods work great, the fabric softener is very concentrated so you use a tiny amount from the bottle and you can arrange your deliveries to suit your needs and postpone deliveries too. No animal products are used and they have the leaping bunny.

I used to use the Eco wash balls but had a devil of a job opening up the egg to replace the pellets. 😳 The push button opening was really tricky (maybe that’s because my nails are long) and so, for now, I’m using liquid detergent. However, I do still have the eggs and bags of pellets so might try them again, once the current detergent is finished, but will have to use a spoon handle or something to press the button down to refill the egg.

Attachments

• Ecoegg TSV 1.jpg
    Ecoegg TSV 1.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 96
  • Ecoegg TSV 2.jpg
    Ecoegg TSV 2.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 102
  • Ecoegg TSV 3.jpg
    Ecoegg TSV 3.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 96
  • Ecoegg TSV 4.jpg
    Ecoegg TSV 4.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 95
  • Ecoegg TSV 5.jpg
    Ecoegg TSV 5.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 87
I used to use the Eco wash balls but had a devil of a job opening up the egg to replace the pellets. 😳 The push button opening was really tricky (maybe that’s because my nails are long) and so, for now, I’m using liquid detergent. However, I do still have the eggs and bags of pellets so might try them again, once the current detergent is finished, but will have to use a spoon handle or something to press the button down to refill the egg.
Yes I have the same problem but the spoon handle works ok.

Ecoegg 1080 Washes with 2 Detox Tablets & Stain Remover
Item Number: 809478
QVC Price £24.00
Todays Special Value Price £19.96
P&P £3.95

This collection from Ecoegg features a Laundry Egg and Laundry Pellets designed to last you up to 1080 washes, plus a pre-treatment Stain Remover Paste perfect for tackling tough stains and two Mega Detox Tablets to help you clean the washing machine itself. This fantastic kit is a great, eco-friendly way to ensure your laundry routine is kept in tip top condition from start to finish!

A superior way to clean - experience a better way to do your laundry with this revolutionary, award-winning Laundry Egg, which features a simple and effortless design that aims to guard your clothes against bacteria, so your clothes can stay as clean and fresh as possible. Its re-usable design is easy to fill and pop into your washing machine too, all without fiddling with plastic wrapping or getting your hands messy, making it the perfect way to do your washing.

Eco-friendly and skin-friendly - say goodbye to harsh washing detergents and tablets with the mineral and tourmaline Laundry Pellets, which are dermatologically tested and supported by Allergy UK. What's more, the re-usable Laundry Egg has minimal wasteful by-products, making it an eco-friendly alternative to single-use washing detergents, tablets and fabric conditioners. The result is eco-friendly washing that's kind to your skin, time and time again.

Every penny counts - this set offers you up to a whopping 1080 washes, lasting you up to five years with four to five average washes per week. At such incredible value, it's the economic way to do laundry, without compromising on quality or the environment.

A fragrance for everyone - like your clothes smelling floral, citrusy or with no specific scent? The choice is yours with six Laundry Pellet fragrances to choose from including Fresh Linen, Fragrance-Free, Spring Blossom, British Blooms, and two fragrances currently only available at QVC; Jasmine and Orange Blossom.

Essential extras - also included in this kit is Ecoegg's Stain Remover Paste, a pre-treatment paste that works to remove the toughest stains without using harsh chemicals, as well as two Mega Detox Tablets formulated to remove build ups and deposits inside even in the places you can’t see.

Fragrance options:

• Fresh Linen
  • Spring Blossom
  • Jasmine
  • Fragrance Free
  • Orange Blossom
  • British Blooms

Contains:

• 1 x Laundry Egg
  • 17 x Laundry Pellet bags (28g) - mineral
  • 1 x Laundry Pellet bag (34g) - tourmaline
  • 1 x Stain Remover Paste
  • 2 x Mega Detox Tablets

How to use:
Laundry Egg and Pellets:

• On first use, place three bags of mineral pellets and one bag of tourmaline pellets in the Laundry Egg
  • After 72 washes, top up with one bag of mineral pellets
  • Continue topping up with one bag of mineral pellets every 72 washes
  • You do not need to top up or replace tourmaline pellets as they are designed not to disintegrate
Stain Remover Paste:

• Use before you put your laundry in your washing machine
  • Apply directly to the stain and leave for 10 minutes - can be left longer on tougher stains
  • Put it into your machine and run it on your preferred programme
  • You can even use it on carpet and upholstery - always do a patch test first
Mega Detox Tablets:

• Use to deep clean your washing machine before you use your Laundry Egg
  • Place one tablet in the drum of your empty machine and run the hottest wash cycle

Latest posts

Back