The next fashion fad ????

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Kathy did say, early on today, that she would not be giving all the sizes for the items as you could find them on the website!!!! What is she there for, if not to give details of the clothing? Next, no presenters just look it up for yourselves.

Might be a good idea ... lol
That has been her mantra for some time now there are always loads of complaints on Arsebook about it but ofcourse nothing is ever done.

its hard to believe she has been in the media for 40 bliddy years she is so bad. She was inept before but now she is bolshi and inept

'On the Skechers show earlier Catherine Huntley said she wanted to go out right now for a walk and Vonda Barnes replied "a crisp autumn walk". Hello? Its AUGUST. That's SUMMER. True autumn doesn't begin until Sept 21st, even meteorological autumn doesn't happen until Sept 1st. In no way could our current weather be termed "crisp". It's warm and humid or very wet, depending where you happen to be. Def NOT crisp! 🙄 What utter rot these presenters talk!'
This received many comments criticising the tat peddlers & an apology of sorts from Joe x.

'On the Skechers show earlier Catherine Huntley said she wanted to go out right now for a walk and Vonda Barnes replied "a crisp autumn walk". Hello? Its AUGUST. That's SUMMER. True autumn doesn't begin until Sept 21st, even meteorological autumn doesn't happen until Sept 1st. In no way could our current weather be termed "crisp". It's warm and humid or very wet, depending where you happen to be. Def NOT crisp! 🙄 What utter rot these presenters talk!'
This received many comments criticising the tat peddlers & an apology of sorts from Joe x.

Shows you how switched on they are to push a sale, buy these and country walks equals Autumn, no engagement of brain just sell, sell, sell. And Christmas in August doesn’t help, wonder she didn’t say whatever shoes were Winter White.

Get ready for the constant Christmas plugs once the kids return to school. It`s already begun in the shops. I was in a B&M store yesterday and they`d already cleared shelves and putting out tubs of Quality St, boxed chocolates, toiletry gift sets and other Christmas items. I had to do a double take to make sure I was seeing right.

Vienna, I did the same in my local Co-op ! a stack of tubs of the usual suspect chocs. Dear God, you'd think after half a century, the manufacturers would come up with something other than ****** Heroes, Roses and QS. I avoid them like the plague at Christmas. Whatever happened to the Weekend Assortment, and Lucky Numbers ????

I love Quality Street. Years ago when we went to Granny and Grandad's at Christmas they used to have a huge tin of QS and when the lid came off it was like a treasure chest of coloured jewels. I used to save the wrappers lol. Every time I see the proper tins (not the plastic tubs) I think of those times.

Mr CC however doesn't like QS so we have to get Heroes instead (sigh). If anyone wants to get rid of their sweets just invite him round for a coffee and leave them on the table. Job done :D

CC

Get ready for the constant Christmas plugs once the kids return to school. It`s already begun in the shops. I was in a B&M store yesterday and they`d already cleared shelves and putting out tubs of Quality St, boxed chocolates, toiletry gift sets and other Christmas items. I had to do a double take to make sure I was seeing right.

Quality Street! Where?

I love Quality Street. Years ago when we went to Granny and Grandad's at Christmas they used to have a huge tin of QS and when the lid came off it was like a treasure chest of coloured jewels. I used to save the wrappers lol. Every time I see the proper tins (not the plastic tubs) I think of those times.

Mr CC however doesn't like QS so we have to get Heroes instead (sigh). If anyone wants to get rid of their sweets just invite him round for a coffee and leave them on the table. Job done :D

CC

Whaaat ? Even the strawberry Creams?

I used to save the wrappers too & fondly recall near identical QS experiences. I loved the choc toffees. I'd ball up the penny toffee wrappers (yellow, to the uninitiated) & put them in the net bag that the choc coins came in, to make a hay net for my 'ponies'. Played for hours like that, by myself, with the ponies. I was probably a dream until I was a teen, & then my Mom & Dad just turned in to eejits. They changed back again when I was around 25.

I don't buy them or eat them if they're offered; palm oil, too much plastic waste & produced by unethical companies. Sorry to beat the drum & bore people but I remember the days of Rowntrees & Cadburys, both started by Quakers, so how ironic that the multinationals that own these companies & make squillions don't possess any integrity.

Whaaat ? Even the strawberry Creams?

I used to save the wrappers too & fondly recall near identical QS experiences. I loved the choc toffees. I'd ball up the penny toffee wrappers (yellow, to the uninitiated) & put them in the net bag that the choc coins came in, to make a hay net for my 'ponies'. Played for hours like that, by myself, with the ponies. I was probably a dream until I was a teen, & then my Mom & Dad just turned in to eejits. They changed back again when I was around 25.
You're so lovely. A child's imagination is a delight; I lived next door to my best friend/greatest enemy & we played 'The Game' for years. We used all sorts of everyday stuff in our stories with sweet wrappers & empty chocolate boxes at the top of our list of much needed items. I was Lady Penelope & she was a princess stolen from her parents when she was a baby, my grandmother gave me an empty powder compact & lipstick case & I used these to 'communicate' with the Thunderbird boys, she had a tiara that another neighbour threw out & her mum rescued from the rubbish pile. It would have been difficult to find two girls happier than us as we made our sweet wrappers into flowers or poison tablets to kill the giant red ants that featured regularly in our fantasy world.

Does anyone find that QS, Roses etc have become too sweet and that the variety isnt as good and the tins seem to hold much less than they did years ago?

Its been a bone of contention every year that the tins have got smaller and smaller, despite the same retail price.

I agree with you LATI that the centres are too sweet, and the chocolate is 'gaggy' since being taken over by the 'foreigners'. Also there are no hard centres anymore, and you can forget about the ones with nuts in !

Every year I would always expect to get a box of Black Magic, but since Rowntrees gave up the ghost, the brand is nothing like the original selection. Nut cracknell, nut cluster, toffee and mallow, marzipan, all much loved centres, but its all pap now. Its the same with the Guylian and Thornton chocolates and the ilk, the centres have descriptions like "sun kissed lemons in a blend of creamy guava juice", then you find its the same claggy centre as the "strawberry delight truffle" !

The only decent chocolates for me are Charbonnel et Walker, expensive, but their Salted Caramel truffles are to die for.

I saw her last night doing a 'later shift' because she had some rowing certificate going on in the morning, so she swapped. Lord above she never gave the stylist a chance to speak ! She kept interjecting and interrupting all the time, as though she knows better. Can you imagine Keenan and Taylor on together 😂 :eek: that would be a show worth watching for the entertainment value. She clearly wants to have her say, and I wonder how many guests throw up their hands when they come off air.

Jeez, if we the audience can moan about the awfulness of the presenters, surely to God those in authority and in the Gallery MUST be of the same mind.
I can't abide the woman and immediately switch over when I see her on.....irritating to say the least

Its been a bone of contention every year that the tins have got smaller and smaller, despite the same retail price.

I agree with you LATI that the centres are too sweet, and the chocolate is 'gaggy' since being taken over by the 'foreigners'. Also there are no hard centres anymore, and you can forget about the ones with nuts in !

Every year I would always expect to get a box of Black Magic, but since Rowntrees gave up the ghost, the brand is nothing like the original selection. Nut cracknell, nut cluster, toffee and mallow, marzipan, all much loved centres, but its all pap now. Its the same with the Guylian and Thornton chocolates and the ilk, the centres have descriptions like "sun kissed lemons in a blend of creamy guava juice", then you find its the same claggy centre as the "strawberry delight truffle" !

The only decent chocolates for me are Charbonnel et Walker, expensive, but their Salted Caramel truffles are to die for.
I think you and I are the only people I know who like marzipan! Not a big choc lover but it does have to be dark. Tell me you love noughat - the hard stuff not the soft. Don’t like fudge, and particularly hate so called toffee which is as soft as fudge.

I remember a Nougat in small pieces which were wrapped in rice paper and a silver wrapper, also a toffee which I used to get in the Lakes, very buttery, loved it.Not at the moment though I am tackling some lockdown lbs.

I’m not a choccy lover either, more savoury I could eat Smiths Cheese Moments till they come out of my ears. Roses and Quality Street have changed though, same with Pot Noodles whose noodles haven’t gone soft for years since they sold out and the liquid has no taste, it’s like water. 😳

Latest posts

Back