Philosophy TSV 06/09/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

What's wrong with me? Why do I keep looking at this TSV? I have litres of this and other shower gel and 2 unopened bottles of Philosophy perfumes in addition to ones in use. I DO NOT need it but feel I need something to look forward to. I've successfully talked myself out of so many things the last year or so, which was the right thing to do but it's no excuse to give in to my compulsion now. Maybe I have been on my own too long this year with only myself to comfort me.

@llloyd, it probably doesn't help but according to an email from Philosophy, the set is worth £118 (RRP).

My binmen are getting a home study course in how to be civil to homeowners and not be a total jobsworth.

CC
Can relate to that need. Mine are the same - if the bin is marginally open they won’t empty it 🤬. And the dump workers would rather sit ‘directing’ where things should go rather than help an old biddy put her rubbish in the crate. However I’ve never seen them move so fast when they spotted a 55 inch tv being removed from her car. It didn’t make it anywhere near the crate 🤣😂🤣

What's wrong with me? Why do I keep looking at this TSV? I have litres of this and other shower gel and 2 unopened bottles of Philosophy perfumes in addition to ones in use. I DO NOT need it but feel I need something to look forward to. I've successfully talked myself out of so many things the last year or so, which was the right thing to do but it's no excuse to give in to my compulsion now. Maybe I have been on my own too long this year with only myself to comfort me.

@llloyd, it probably doesn't help but according to an email from Philosophy, the set is worth £118 (RRP).
Thanks for the RRP gives me something to try and balance to, still struggling with the ml for ml though.
You should definitely try & apply Nanny McPhee: When you need me, but do not want me, then I must stay. When you want me, but no longer need me, then I have to go.

<< Maybe I have been on my own too long this year with only myself to comfort me.

>> Time to invest in a Mr Buzzy.

No offence intended to those who offend easily.

has to be better VFM

<< Maybe I have been on my own too long this year with only myself to comfort me.

has to be better VFM

OOh......,.My friend told me it's good for your skin too.

Thanks for the RRP gives me something to try and balance to, still struggling with the ml for ml though.
You should definitely try & apply Nanny McPhee: When you need me, but do not want me, then I must stay. When you want me, but no longer need me, then I have to go.

Very wise words, llloyd. It’s Sunday’s TSV, isn’t it? i wonder if I can invoke Nanny Mc for a couple of days?

has to be better VFM

Oh, you are awful ... but I like you!

(That phrase just popped in my head for the first time in years - my mum used to roar with laughter at it! I hope I’m not the only one who remembers the show it’s from!)

Last edited:
Very wise words, llloyd. It’s Sunday’s TSV, isn’t it? i wonder if I can invoke Nanny Mc for a couple of days?

Oh, you are awful ... but I like you!

(That phrase just popped in my head for the first time in years - my mum used to roar with laughter at it! I hope I’m not the only one who remembers the show it’s from!)
Wasn't that Dick Emery dressed up as a woman? If DF put on a blond wig she'd be a dead ringer 😄

CC

I’ve tried Philosophy in the last but found the fragrance didn’t last long on the skin, despite layering it. No one ever asked what scent I was wearing.

However, with Molton Brown, the scent does last on the skin and, when wearing the perfume, people have made complimentary comments so I’m sticking to MB.

see its each to their own as always with things its subjective as for me loccitane, molton brown & philosophy are all amazing there again there is such a good variety on Q that you can pick & mix

I’ve tried Philosophy in the last but found the fragrance didn’t last long on the skin, despite layering it. No one ever asked what scent I was wearing.

However, with Molton Brown, the scent does last on the skin and, when wearing the perfume, people have made complimentary comments so I’m sticking to MB.

I agree, I’ve tried it and and it didn’t take me long to realise that when they say the smell is inoffensive, it doesn’t give you headaches or you can wear it as a frontline worker (haven’t watched a presentation, it’s always presented as a perfume for nurses by Alison Young) what they really mean is the smell isn’t strong, doesn’t last more than twenty seconds and no one can smell it.

Saying that, it could be the best in the world, but the brand tests on animals so that rules it out for me now anyway.

Good grief, don’t think I’ve ever seen a Philosophy TSV still available at 4pm, shock! 😳
Either not sold many, people cottoned on or they’ve got ten warehouses packed full of them. I remember when the TSV would be on advanced order by 9am and this is the Christmas one too. Double shock! 😳😳

i dont believe this is the christmas one as its not sharable & acutally it is selling out & they are usually here at this time of day because they only ordered about 16-18,000 & is a GREAT TSV no matter what anyone says

Latest posts

Back