Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well if you want some more laughs, it's Gevril tonight. Let's see what stories they tell:cool:

Although the RRPs are way, way to high, one or two of the Gevril's with ETA movements are ok, although it's not the original Gevril company, the new brand do use the old Gevril factory in Switzerland to make the Gevril watches. On the other hand the GV2's with the Rubens & son movements take care, because they have the MD3G movement, which according to caliber corner is a glorified Miyota 8215 or a copy of it.

The "Batman" and "Pepsi" look nice, they also are identical to Steinharts, just twice the price:eek:
The Gevril brand, American company, reminds me of Ginault, similar Rolex type, but again, overpriced and also now made in the Far East

The "Batman" and "Pepsi" look nice, they also are identical to Steinharts, just twice the price:eek:
The Gevril brand, American company, reminds me of Ginault, similar Rolex type, but again, overpriced and also now made in the Far East

They are the only two on the show worth buying, of course not at those prices, they'll appear on ebay later at a better price. I'm sure there are folk out there who are believing the RRPs IW quote and think they can make a profit selling on ebay, but that doesn't happen, usually folks don't bid on the watches and you can pick up an odd bargain.;)

Christ he can't even say the right movement 2834? must have been listening to Kevin Reynolds always wittering on about not being able to get the ETA 2834 (which is a day/date movement, of course the Gevril watch actual has the ETA 2893/2 which is the GMT.

Why is the numpty Shaun saying for the first ever we bring you the Iphone 6s and at £149.99 and he thought it would be £200? They've had it on before at the same price, it's even got revues against it.

Well hope grant is honest after a recent phone on IW which he said were unbeatable and better that the more expensive big name brands.

Knew it, Apple fan boys love in time. :ROFLMAO:

On the other hand the GV2's with the Rubens & son movements take care, because they have the MD3G movement, which according to caliber corner is a glorified Miyota 8215 or a copy of it.
Never even heard of Rubens and Son before they cropped up in these watches and I was a regular on the watch forums for good few years!

Trustpiot admission from the CEO at Ideal.

ian macey
14 reviews

1 star: Bad

An hour ago

Attention all Ideal World customers i…
Attention all Ideal World customers i made a complaint to the Ideal ceo and have had a response back which i was not expecting at all. I thought i would be ignored. The complaint i made was about the sudden influx of fake reviews with most of the reviews looking extremly suspicious and made up. This was the response i got

Dear Mr Macey,

Thank you for your email.

We have recently made investments into our trust pilot account which means our score reflects more balanced reviews rather than solely organic reviews.

We also hope that our trust pilot score will continue to improve. As we move back towards business as usual following the Covid-19 measures that have been in place across the UK, we're working hard to improve our services and customer processes.

Kind Regards,

Emma Farrington

I would urge all customers to email the ceo for any complaints they have to the following email address Jamie. Martin@idealshoppingdirect. co.uk include any order numbers to and use the title "complaint" in the subject section. I do not agree with the response at all i think the reviews are fake and should be removed. I am not against any company having good reviews but when you look at Ideal Worlds sudden influx of good reviews it is very easy to spot that they are not genuine. Please make sure you dont have any gaps in the email adress i was not able to post unless i put gaps

Useful

Read 3 more reviews about Ideal World TV

Trustpiot admission from the CEO at Ideal.

ian macey
14 reviews

1 star: Bad

An hour ago

Attention all Ideal World customers i…
Attention all Ideal World customers i made a complaint to the Ideal ceo and have had a response back which i was not expecting at all. I thought i would be ignored. The complaint i made was about the sudden influx of fake reviews with most of the reviews looking extremly suspicious and made up. This was the response i got

Dear Mr Macey,

Thank you for your email.

We have recently made investments into our trust pilot account which means our score reflects more balanced reviews rather than solely organic reviews.

We also hope that our trust pilot score will continue to improve. As we move back towards business as usual following the Covid-19 measures that have been in place across the UK, we're working hard to improve our services and customer processes.

Kind Regards,

Emma Farrington

I would urge all customers to email the ceo for any complaints they have to the following email address Jamie. Martin@idealshoppingdirect. co.uk include any order numbers to and use the title "complaint" in the subject section. I do not agree with the response at all i think the reviews are fake and should be removed. I am not against any company having good reviews but when you look at Ideal Worlds sudden influx of good reviews it is very easy to spot that they are not genuine. Please make sure you dont have any gaps in the email adress i was not able to post unless i put gaps

Useful

Read 3 more reviews about Ideal World TV
"Investments into our trustpilot account" = 'Paid people to write fake reviews to save the company'.

Deceitful charlatans.

Just caught a bit of the Lakeland Leather stuff and they showed a 'Abbie' jacket. The price ticket was proudly shown with a price of £399. Ideal World are doing a fantastic price of £216.

Lakeland Leather website have it at £199/£159 (depending on colour).

IW love RRP's 🙄

I am interested in the IW and Trust Pilot entanglement. To be honest I don't find that review sites are worthwhile when it comes to purchasing many things. Firstly my experience has been that reviews are sought almost the moment that the purchase has been delivered which must mean that the purchaser had no opportunity to test or experience the product. Of course if the rating is for the 'communication' or 'timely delivery' I concede that that makes sense. Once the review has been left it seems to be usually the case that you can't then amend it should things go wrong. Then we know that sites like IW and QVC will reject reviews for breaking their guidelines. Years ago I had dealings with a Business Coaching organisation which used a franchise model and the head of the organsation published books of the methods. At that time all of the coaches were encouraged to go on to the Amazon web site and post a favourable review of each book, though in a wordy and thoughtful way so way back reviews were being faked.
So what is the purpose of reviews? Who uses them? In the case of IW I would suggest that many reviews never get seen by anyone as they are for products or variants of products that were sold on one occasion and so are not searchable as there is no stock. On eBay of course the review is of the vendor and so mostly is there for all to see and searchable for years. Do people use the reviews before making a purchase? Perhaps! My first visits to Trust Pilot was because the IW Customer Services had proved themselves useless, incompetent, liars, unable to communicate in English and completely not 'customer services' orientated so I was looking for some way of getting a resolution which would be to refund my money. At Trust Pilot I found the link to the TPR email which is my first resort when I try IW one more time and they let me down again.
Of course there is a commew determination to improve their rating. However the statement from IW published here actually stateercial relationship between IW and Trust Pilot as such expecting TP to discourage IWs recent ns that they are 'working hard to improve our services and customer processes'. So if they do achieve that I would suggest that that is a good thing. If they actually do listen to feedback and realise that the off shore call centre has to go and charging premium call rates to contact customer services or to even place an order has to end. When I have actually managed to have conversations with IW staff in the UK I have found them polite, realistic and they have the autonomy to actually resolve issues fairly, arrange collections which happen, and make refunds when they are due.
So we would all agree that Jamie Martin has a big job on his hands to improve things, not least because the profitability of the company has improved and the suggestions that I would have would cost money. However if the organisation starts to sell quality products which it delivers properly packed and by a reliable carrier then they would have less pressure of a customer services department. Plus if you give them the autonomy to act and not just try to p*ss off the customer and inflate their phone bill then resolution would be less complex .
If you have got this far well done. Just needed to get this out! I would be interested to especially know how significant you believe review sites are, Thanks

Just caught a bit of the Lakeland Leather stuff and they showed a 'Abbie' jacket. The price ticket was proudly shown with a price of £399. Ideal World are doing a fantastic price of £216.

Lakeland Leather website have it at £199/£159 (depending on colour).

IW love RRP's 🙄

I see they wheeled Gollum out more than once in his Lakeland leather jacket. He really does fancy himself a bit, but he definitely had the look of someone who'd go down a storm on Grindr, which wasn't really what he was aiming for I think. The over-tight T-shirt and trousers, the posing, the knowing looks... I wonder if The Goddess is actually a roofer called Dave?

Not watches, but have you seen some of the prices of their perfumes? Yves Saint Laurent Mon Paris Gift Set 50ml EDP 7.5ml EDP £92.12, same thing on Perfume Click £68.20. Dolce & Gabbana The One Gift Set 50ml EDP 100ml Body Lotion £84.06, Fragrance Direct £56.95. And these are just 2 of the dozens. Blimey who on earth is going to pay these prices. I for one certainly won't.

I suppose they get lucky sometimes when someone is buying off the web. People may pop something in their basket if they're not bothered about price.

I see they wheeled Gollum out more than once in his Lakeland leather jacket. He really does fancy himself a bit, but he definitely had the look of someone who'd go down a storm on Grindr, which wasn't really what he was aiming for I think. The over-tight T-shirt and trousers, the posing, the knowing looks... I wonder if The Goddess is actually a roofer called Dave?
The jacket also looked one or two sizes too small for him, I'm always amazed that when people model jackets on either QVC or IW rarely can they do them up so perhaps the fashion is to have a gap between the two front pieces and a cold mid body.

I very beg your pardon! I can confirm I am not a roofer LOL.

Everyone ready for tonight's Pick of the Day? The (three star rated) Air Max Ultra High Performance RC Drone. I say that it is three star because if you look at the line up for the show the item number 493494 is shown as three star. However click in to the item details and use the drop down arrow for Reviews and there is nothing displayed. I wonder why an organisation would do that. An organisation which is trying to improve its customer services but won't let potential customers learn what previous purchasers have experienced? Jamie Martin has much to do!

Everyone ready for tonight's Pick of the Day? The (three star rated) Air Max Ultra High Performance RC Drone. I say that it is three star because if you look at the line up for the show the item number 493494 is shown as three star. However click in to the item details and use the drop down arrow for Reviews and there is nothing displayed. I wonder why an organisation would do that. An organisation which is trying to improve its customer services but won't let potential customers learn what previous purchasers have experienced? Jamie Martin has much to do!

I hope its not this one 1.9 stars.

Latest posts

Back