Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Everything me and the husband own will be left 50/50 between our two sons, they’re amazing young men, kind and caring sons and husbands (and extremely handsome) and deserve everything good that life has to offer............I know it sounds soppy, but it’s absolutely true. Saying that, it’s the same with their wives, their mum and dad have done exactly the same thing too ❤
We've done that but with my charities included.

Strato my Gran scrimped a lot of her life but she lived all of it happily at home until her death. She was a wonderful woman, never asked or expected anything of life except to love her family and pay her own way on a meagre pension. Maybe she could have claimed benefits but she refused.

She would have given us (her grandchildren) her last penny. In fact she did for me. She left my mum £500 (a fortune eh?) and we spent the lot on flying to Vienna just for the day to the Christmas markets. We bought mulled wine and gingerbread and a couple of glass baubles. Then we blew the last £25 on a horse and carriage back to the bus for the airport. I don't have a massively wonderful relationship with my mum and I can count on one hand and have spare fingers the days she and I have spent one special day on our own, but on that day we did thanks to Gran's money.

Sorry, rambling.

CC
CC that is a lovely story. I had a very good & honest realtionship with my mum, as I do with my sister, however, the one I had with my maternal grandmother was in a different league. She was the combination of *Grannie Island & Grandma Mainland, could turn the most ordinary task into something special & lived her favourite saying "The magic of ordinary days". Your day in Vienna sounded magical 🎄
* I absolutely love Katie Morag.

Isn't it just? Perfect teeth, perfect stubble, perfect everything. I mean, he's not a bad looking lad it has to be said, but he's a bit too over-groomed and primped and preened for my liking. You sort of know he can't pass a shiny surface without looking into it.
A transatlantic version of David Ginola.

Didn’t he mostly do tech stuff which back in the day would have been quite high value, loads of Dell computers et.

I remember he finished his tech show and the presenter for the next show which I swear was jewellery was late or suddenly ill? Tim had to do the show and oh boy! You could tell he was pissed off and had no interest in any of the jewellery.😂😂 There was a thread on here about it way back.

I remember he finished his tech show and the presenter for the next show which I swear was jewellery was late or suddenly ill? Tim had to do the show and oh boy! You could tell he was pissed off and had no interest in any of the jewellery.😂😂 There was a thread on here about it way back.

I posted about this yesterday, post 6077 in this thread, as well as my original posts years ago.

Last edited:
A transatlantic version of David Ginola.
Just for you:
7db272978ef50b1d9d49bc48a43210b8.jpg

Q’s SM team have been hard at work deleting negative comments from Ruthies jumper and Gok’s video thingy (didn’t recognise him!) yet just above was a thing stating Your Opinion Matters.

Thinking this was actually going to ask opinion on Q staff and products I decided I would do the survey and give it my all.

It actually was a survey for a logo for an app for Q members “not influencers “ to express their opinions. There is a £5 amazon voucher for taking part.

PS I told them everything was rubbish!

Q’s SM team have been hard at work deleting negative comments from Ruthies jumper and Gok’s video thingy (didn’t recognise him!) yet just above was a thing stating Your Opinion Matters.

Thinking this was actually going to ask opinion on Q staff and products I decided I would do the survey and give it my all.

It actually was a survey for a logo for an app for Q members “not influencers “ to express their opinions. There is a £5 amazon voucher for taking part.

'Your opinion matters' if it helps our sales figures.

Thanks to GDPR, I no longer receive isht like this. Even the offer of a voucher doesn't tempt me. QVC won't listen, they are too busy "jumping on trends" and listening to their usual echo chamber.

I checked my bank statement online and noticed a pending debit payment for almost £72.

I had no idea what it was for so I checked every online account I have, Amazon, eBay, QVC etc in case I had done something stupid after wine o'clock but there was nothing on order so suspecting fraud I phoned my bank.

They checked my account and said that the money had been put 'on hold' by QVC!

I called QVC and it was a forgotten auto-delivery, fair enough, but then she said that they were having trouble getting the stock and did I still want it?!

QVC reserved a chunk of my money to pay for stock they do not have without having the courtesy to tell me, so much for them saying 'we don't take payment until the goods have been dispatched'

I don't live from payday to payday but for those that do it could have pushed their bank account into the red.

That’s terrible. I never buy on auto delivery as I dont buy beauty and it wouldn’t push me into overdraft anyway but it seems sneaky practices

I was the Philip Kingsley hair supplement TSV from way back, I've been buying it for my sister who has issues with thinning hair which was really affecting her confidence, if it wasn't for the fact that she believes they are making a difference I would have told them to stick the auto-delivery where the sun don't shine!

It seems QVC went to the ENRON school of accounting.

I checked my bank statement online and noticed a pending debit payment for almost £72.

I had no idea what it was for so I checked every online account I have, Amazon, eBay, QVC etc in case I had done something stupid after wine o'clock but there was nothing on order so suspecting fraud I phoned my bank.

They checked my account and said that the money had been put 'on hold' by QVC!

I called QVC and it was a forgotten auto-delivery, fair enough, but then she said that they were having trouble getting the stock and did I still want it?!

QVC reserved a chunk of my money to pay for stock they do not have without having the courtesy to tell me, so much for them saying 'we don't take payment until the goods have been dispatched'

I don't live from payday to payday but for those that do it could have pushed their bank account into the red.
Reserving the money when the item isn’t in stock is terrible and totally unacceptable.However if people do live from payday to payday then they need to keep a grip on their finances so they know where they stand. I don’t like easypay as it encourages debt. Ok if it’s an expensive item you might return only paying part makes sense, but if you don’t have £40 for something then I think it’s best not to buy. People do have to take responsibility for things.

Got Q on the background, and going back to the out of hand spending amongst the elderly and vulnerable..the cozee home presenter said "I've got a lady who's got 100 cozee home sets"...ffs...wow amazing kp said or something like that. Then she asked people to tweet into tell us how many sets they've got..so in seconds there's names and messages scrolling across the bottom of the screen..."I've got 11 sets", "I've got 100 but I need to stop 'cause I've got no space to store them"...Yes love you need to stop - You have a problem, and possibly a problem that one of your loved ones will tragically have to sort out at some stage. By all means promote your product...but don't encourage such behaviour by discussing it and displaying on screen. 100 of the same thing is not normal behaviour. I'm disgusted! I'm actually tempted to email a complaint. Done it, I've emailed them and have requested a reply!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back