Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I just got some Cotton Traders Trail Walking shoes with a half price code in the paper at the weekend for £21. I can get them on and they seem very sturdy! Had a little practice walk outside too. Mind you I feel very at risk without the boot, which is ironic considering how much I hate it! And actually my foot was sliding inwards more in the Clarks boots which cover the ankle and cost a lot more. They are a nicer item though. I am so tired with all this shopping! We were also measuring the shower to see what would fit where, like grab handles and a stool. Can't be bothered to source via Social Services, just ordered on Amazon Prime. Luckily my neighbour had one of those steps so I can borrow that.
I had some Cotton Traders Walking Shoes a few years ago and they were really comfy, but I bought a second pair, the fit was not the same despite being the same size and style.

So using all these various new shoes (and more on order!!! I’ve gone mad but I don’t care) I have been walking without the boot (still on crutches). It’s so scary!!!!! I don’t do it all the time, and so far not up and down stairs except when watched by my neighbour but it’s a start. Unbelievable though to be doing this compared to a few weeks ago. Big hugs again to all my friends on here who have been so supportive. 😍😍

i have just treated myself to an iPad Air. I cannot believe how fast it is compared to the old one. Loading some of those news sites took forever, now it’s instantaneous. 😃

Mazza that is great. If you are able buy what you need to make life a bit easier, getting safely on your feet and then out and about ASAP is the most important thing for your sanity.

iPad Air is great but you’ll soon get used to the speed and get annoyed if it takes a second longer!
Actually in a way I have been lucky this all happened when we are in this lockdown or whatever you might choose to call it (complete mess?). At least I haven’t been missing much! All I did before was go to Waitrose and my big hobby of going to the theatre is not available at the moment. Had all my theatre group been out every week I would have been seriously ticked off!

I can't remember which thread I posted about ear sysringing, but just found something relevant - - - - - >

An elderly gentleman had serious hearing problems for a number of years. He went to the doctor and the doctor was able to have him fitted for a set of hearing aids that allowed the gentleman to hear 100%

The elderly gentleman went back in a month to the doctor and the doctor said, 'Your hearing is perfect.. Your family must be really pleased that you can hear again.'

The gentleman replied, 'Oh, I haven't told my family yet.

I just sit around and listen to the conversations. I've changed my will three times so far!'

Update.... I’m doing the stairs now!!!!! I decided it had to be faced. What makes this all worse is that my chiropodist can’t come to me now until October and boy could I do with a visit. Especially for the ingrown toenail which has decided to play up. Honestly sometimes they go for months with no problems and then kapow!

Update.... I’m doing the stairs now!!!!! I decided it had to be faced. What makes this all worse is that my chiropodist can’t come to me now until October and boy could I do with a visit. Especially for the ingrown toenail which has decided to play up. Honestly sometimes they go for months with no problems and then kapow!
pleased for the stairs, not the ingrown toenail!

I know! I managed to locate some toe and finger bandage rolls and one of those weird applicators where you twist it and bring it over the top of the toe so hopefully that will help a bit. I just hope I can get the Velcro ones on. I don’t really like Velcro but I thought they could be useful if I need to get up in the night. At the moment it’s either the boot (🙁) or faffing with laces which isn’t great if you are desperate for a pee!

How bad is it, Mazza?

I have one that flares every time I cut my nails. I can manage mine if I lift the corner away from the skin and keeping doing that for a few days. I used to use a metal nail file but these days I just slide my fingernail under and lift it a little.

There's a lady on YouTube called the Meticulous Manicurist. Watching her has made me realise I also need to keep the skin alongside the sides of the nails pared back. I do use a tool similar to hers to run along the nail near the skin just to keep it in check and it makes it a little less painful when I cut it.

I use Dew to keep the skin clean around the nail. A few spritzes a day keeps the inflammation down.

I hope you get some relief. People always laughed when I complained but it's no joke!

Cartoon capital of England 119434536_33614712.jpg

Alter Ego, I never even thought of using Dew! I shall have to grab a bottle from the cupboard. I did attack it as best I could with scissors and an emory board but I dont want to upset it. I use EMLA cream (I get mine from Boots) to soothe the pain. Its a topical anaesthetic cream. Pretty effective. I think it is around a fiver for a teeny tiny tube.I

Yesterday a friend visited (God I was so excited!) and we sat outside for a couple of hours. I don't think he wanted to be indoors and was wearing gloves whenever he touched anything as I couldn't carry anything outside. But because I cant shop I did get him to bring cake 👍🍰. You should have seen the size of my ankle at the end of it! Talk about swollen. I had to use an ice pack. In hospital they had these instant ice packs you just pop and wave about to activate. I was amazed as I had never seen anything like them before, so I got a box from Amazon. I must have used at least three of the twenty, 😂

How bad is it, Mazza?

I have one that flares every time I cut my nails. I can manage mine if I lift the corner away from the skin and keeping doing that for a few days. I used to use a metal nail file but these days I just slide my fingernail under and lift it a little.

There's a lady on YouTube called the Meticulous Manicurist. Watching her has made me realise I also need to keep the skin alongside the sides of the nails pared back. I do use a tool similar to hers to run along the nail near the skin just to keep it in check and it makes it a little less painful when I cut it.

I use Dew to keep the skin clean around the nail. A few spritzes a day keeps the inflammation down.

I hope you get some relief. People always laughed when I complained but it's no joke!
Is it the hand sanitiser you use, Alter?

I've just placed my first order at Dew: hand san, disinfectant, degreaser, and one of the 'new' air freshener sprays.

Looking forward to receiving them!

Is it the hand sanitiser you use, Alter?

I've just placed my first order at Dew: hand san, disinfectant, degreaser, and one of the 'new' air freshener sprays.

Looking forward to receiving them!

It's the sanitiser. Which I love. As evidenced by my continuously banging on about it here! I use it for all cuts, grazes, anything skin-related. And I use it on the dog. If she has sore paws or just comes home smelling of fox poo. It's amazing stuff as it kills the fox poo stink!

My niece has recently had a baby so I gave her a bottle and she uses it for everything. Toddler toys and food surfaces as it sanitises without needing to be wiped off. But best of all, the new baby was having a constant nappy rash. She'd tried different wipes but ended up using the sanitiser spray on a flannel and within 48 hours it was clear. Just to make sure it was the wipes she tried them again and the nappy rash reappeared. Back to Dew and it cleared. Fab stuff.

I'm not so fussed about the degreaser. It cleans up nicely and doesn't trigger my allergies but it isn't as good as I'd hoped. I've used it on stainless steel and mirrors and love it for the lack of smell and its eco-credentials but there are better cleaning products out there. I'm back to using my standard cleaners (Method and HG) but sanitising everything with the disinfect first.

I hope you love them.

It's the sanitiser. Which I love. As evidenced by my continuously banging on about it here! I use it for all cuts, grazes, anything skin-related. And I use it on the dog. If she has sore paws or just comes home smelling of fox poo. It's amazing stuff as it kills the fox poo stink!

My niece has recently had a baby so I gave her a bottle and she uses it for everything. Toddler toys and food surfaces as it sanitises without needing to be wiped off. But best of all, the new baby was having a constant nappy rash. She'd tried different wipes but ended up using the sanitiser spray on a flannel and within 48 hours it was clear. Just to make sure it was the wipes she tried them again and the nappy rash reappeared. Back to Dew and it cleared. Fab stuff.

I'm not so fussed about the degreaser. It cleans up nicely and doesn't trigger my allergies but it isn't as good as I'd hoped. I've used it on stainless steel and mirrors and love it for the lack of smell and its eco-credentials but there are better cleaning products out there. I'm back to using my standard cleaners (Method and HG) but sanitising everything with the disinfect first.

I hope you love them.

Thanks for the fox poo tip......

I must get some sometime.....

I hope you love them.
You should be on commission!

Latest posts

Back