Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Peter - we were talking during the break about the history of some of these watches.

History? They have no history, the only history these watches have is their journey from China to IW.

The events, ships, names etc the Chinese company is calling them after have history but the watches themselves don't, as they've absolutely no connection to whatever they are named after or Thomas Earnshaw.

Oh and it's the Russian CCCP on Wednesday, still lying and deceiving folks about that CCCP brand. I wish ASA would hurry up and stop this lying crap.
Spot on, this is true across many watch brands they feature. I laugh when they're selling a watch with something stamped on the back e.g. a WW2 Russian plane. They wax lyrical about the plane and how the watch takes its design cues and/or ethos from said plane. Aye, okay then, whatever you say. THE WATCH HAS DIDDLY SQUAT TO DO WITH THE PLANE VIEWERS!!!

The S&E guy made me chuckle a couple of weeks back. They were selling a run of the mill S&E watch that had been given a model name linking it to Britain. He's getting as bad as Peter S, started coming out with guff like 'This watch is steeped in the history of what made Britain great, our industry, our people, our triumphs ...'

Ha Ha HAAaaa :)

More Peter Simon malapropisms on yesterday's iPhone show:-

Grant mentioned how you could alter the volume of the phone to take account of any hearing problems, with Peter Simon faking amazement and saying how this could really help him with his Tittinus (he obviously meant to say tinnitus, although were Tittinus a real condition it sounds quite appropriate for this buffoon).

I’m suprised Peter wasnt meant to shield during lockdown with all his issues

Fat delusional liars weren't part of the shielded groups. ;)

Oh see Jack the untidy cook is back with his feed at least six people curry. :ROFLMAO:

The acti-fry has 400 recipes, but Jack cooks the same half dozen ad nauseam.

Now we have Shaun, expert in women's fashion, with his new jacket, shame it doesn't look like a good fit.

Last edited:
Bollocks to it, missed the photo op last night, proper watch collector gratuitous pic. The latest:cool:
VNThALWl.jpg
Very nice, shades of the Omega S.M 300. CW's modern interpretation of a compressor case divers has caught my eye.

Spot on, this is true across many watch brands they feature. I laugh when they're selling a watch with something stamped on the back e.g. a WW2 Russian plane. They wax lyrical about the plane and how the watch takes its design cues and/or ethos from said plane. Aye, okay then, whatever you say. THE WATCH HAS DIDDLY SQUAT TO DO WITH THE PLANE VIEWERS!!!

The S&E guy made me chuckle a couple of weeks back. They were selling a run of the mill S&E watch that had been given a model name linking it to Britain. He's getting as bad as Peter S, started coming out with guff like 'This watch is steeped in the history of what made Britain great, our industry, our people, our triumphs ...'

Ha Ha HAAaaa :)

They had one named after the Hackney cab, because it had a black dial. :ROFLMAO:

I don't mind Mathey-Tissot doing it & Sturmanskie with Gagarin etc, as they both have that connection in their history, and to a lesser degree Vostok Europe, although not directly connected themselves, as watchmakers, before watchmaking they were involved with making instrumentation for the Soviet Space program & military, so they do have a kinda link to soviet history.

But all these brands that are basically owned and made in China, which have grabbed other company's, brand's & peoples etc name, history & heritage, and claim it as belonging to the watches, and name the watches they make after something which the watch has absolutely no connection with, are just fraudsters/conmen.

Very nice watch, however not an extremely nice watch. Why? NO SUPERLUMANOVA! ;)

But, but it weights half a kilo. 😁

Ok some folks are just not easy to please, but for you, quick change to dressy one with lume, although quickly done so lume not much chance to charge so photo not the best.

IMG_20201005_192510-crop.jpg

And how it looks with light, although Dennice is spoiling the shot. :ROFLMAO:

IMG_20201005_192632-crop.jpg

KR's doing the individual weight of parts again in the pocket watch, why?????

from his weights, it's got approx £850 of gold in it.

But his story about a formula in Switzerland, to justify the original £10,000 price tag, doesn't make sense as Tissot sell solid gold watches, with similar gold content, although with a cheaper ETA movement( approx £150-200 cheaper), and they are nowhere near £5000 let alone £10000.

Not sure I believe that IW customers are the biggest buyers of Vostok Europe watches in the world, the German distributor, has 248 different VE watches on their web sites, plus they do a full range of VE straps and bracelets (over 260 different variants) for all the models which IW don't do.

Latest posts

Back