Julia Roberts

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It’s the self absorbed impression that comes across that gets me.
Like when Alison O’Riley appears for her first show via video link clearly showing visible effects following cancer treatment. 13 minutes in Julia is proudly declaring just how much hair she has, flicking it away.
Sorry but I find that heartless, the habitual me, me and just unable to see someone other than herself.

I was speechless when I saw this woman today she looks absolutely terrible in that get up. How can they think they are fashionistas when they are dressed like that. And as for Julia well she has lost the plot completely and as I and many others have said surely she can get her feet into a proper pair of shoes.

I was speechless when I saw this woman today she looks absolutely terrible in that get up. How can they think they are fashionistas when they are dressed like that. And as for Julia well she has lost the plot completely and as I and many others have said surely she can get her feet into a proper pair of shoes.
Me too! And if Julia must wear trainers..why in God's earth doesn't she invest in a black pair? Least they wouldn't look grubby!

That fake laugh she does, just after she’s insulted someone, with a sharp intake of breath at the end followed with “anyway” just comes across as rude, intimidating and most of all jealous of the younger guest presenter, the presenters can get away with anything at QVC, Julia Roberts though, the Queen of QVC, she can get away with anything, then a load more on top knowing her job is secure, that’s why her true personality comes out and she doesn’t give a toss how offensive she is, and that’s why she can come on air looking a sight, I mean who’s going to tell her? It’s Queen Julia. 😳
Yes! Spot on. I noticed that a few months ago and she does it a lot.

Someone should also point out that her teeth look dirty, like she's been eating liquorice. Not a great look.

As well as her false laugh and protestations of “only joking” when she makes a joke/insult, I’ve said it before, but “keep your hands and arms still, Julia, or you’re going to take off.” It makes her look really affected and is not a good look.
Shame she doesn't really........................take off, that is. Its the false "posh" voice she adopts from time to time that I find nauseating

Shame she doesn't really........................take off, that is. Its the false "posh" voice she adopts from time to time that I find nauseating
Yes, nauseating. There is nothing posh about her. Pretentious with her ordaaa numbaaa....... I wonder how many viewers switch off when she is on. How does becoming an “author” and buying a house make someone become so awful?

I really don't mind her too much, she does self promote quite a lot, but I suppose if you want to get your books out there, then needs must, and if her books are enjoyed by people then good on her! I know she wrote a book about herself when she was diagnosed with leukaemia some years ago, and it was obviously therapeutic for her, and may have proved inspirational to others. I know there are many many people in the world who have gone through more, and are much more inspirational..but remember there's a lot of folk out there for whom watching shopping telly is pretty much the sum total of their life. She can be a bit flicky and preeny - but what else can she do when from the neck down she's dressed like a sack of spuds - Just as placing a hideous pattern on a top will draw the eye away from a humungus arse or short legs! She's not a bad presenter, and how she managed to stand there talking to Cruella without laughing or rolling her eyes is beyond my comprehension!
Many years ago though I did submit a complaint to Q . She was presenting the Breast cancer care charity event wearing a bright red, boob enhancing (like she needs help in that department anyway) ridiculously low cut top and I felt it was utterly inappropriate.
Anyway, we can't blame you for the horrible clothes you have to present and wear sometimes, but get yourself a pair of black trainers, you can even get some nice blingy ones, because the ones you're wearing at the moment are a disgrace and nobody's fault but your own...or maybe the producers who are happy to let them be worn on air. With all the freebies they get, surely someone could give her a flamin' pair!

I think what annoys us regarding the book promoting is that it is done during “working hours”. If we tune in to see xyz why should we have to listen to totally unrelated self promotion?

imagine going to Marks and the lady who is measuring you for a bra feels there is no need to explain about your bra size BUT insists in letting you know that if you go to ABC website you can buy her homemade cupcakes. You would be on to her manager PDQ.

I think what annoys us regarding the book promoting is that it is done during “working hours”. If we tune in to see xyz why should we have to listen to totally unrelated self promotion?

imagine going to Marks and the lady who is measuring you for a bra feels there is no need to explain about your bra size BUT insists in letting you know that if you go to ABC website you can buy her homemade cupcakes. You would be on to her manager PDQ.
Yeah I can see what you're saying, maybe she should just stick to her presenter blogs for that kind of self promotion..but then I guess many of the viewers and fans don't have the internet and are really want to hear what's going on in her life straight from the horse's mouth! If the viewers are phoning in telling them they love it, they won't stop her doing what she's doing!

The book about herself was started before her diagnosis and she added an extra chapter about that. She also sold signed copies on QVC. I wonder how many books she would sell if it wasn’t for her QVC promotions. I do remember the red dress with the very low cut top when presenting for the Breast Cancer Care Charity. Enough said. I accept there are viewers who like her as a presenter and think her professional. It’s obvious that I don’t! Pantomime, “only joking “, “ just saying”, girly flicking of the hair and gurning are a huge no from me. I know I don’t have to watch when she presents but it’s annoying when the product may be of interest to me.

Latest posts

Back