Just go......

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes she’s a bully, she’s never once when barking out her orders to the models, or anyone come to think of it, said please or thanks you. I think we all remember the money she lost Breast Cancer Care when she bid, and won, an evening with Joan Collins on behalf on her, lets just say “beauty blogger friend”, knowing full well that employees, friends and family of QVC employees, were forbidden from bidding. I think that was the beginning of the end for QVC who only withdrew the winning prize from Debbie Flint and her pal when there was an uproar on Facebook, Ms Flint would’ve been the woman on the Titanic who had a whole lifeboat to herself.
Glad someone else remembers the BCC fiasco. The nastiness that spewed from Q Flinty and evil evil Sharon from that. How they blocked people, threatened them, stalked other groups, etc. Nasty vile humans.

Now she's moved back to London, she seems to be on every time I dare to switch on in the evenings.
There will be no getting shut of her now.
She has what I call a smug voice, I really can't stand her.

Smug voice...

I was stuck for a word to describe the look and air of one model or one brand ambassador once. Not sure which as they both more than qualify. I won't name either. The world "smug" was suggested. And now I can only associate smug with Q. Sales staff, BAs and models, so many qualify under the smug banner.

Smug smug smug = QVC

I can sort of understand skincare items being given to trial, although it would need to be given a good few weeks before the items airs, so that the presenter can demonstrate results. I mean what if they genuinely didn't rate it (that must happen) or it brought them up in a rash? Would they still be expected to go on air and tell everybody that it's marvellous and to buy it? As for giving away clothing, why? Seeing the presenters, and models wearing things on air will show us how they look on. I'd much rather see DF have a bucket of cold water thrown over her on set, to demonstrate how dry a waterproof coat kept her, than to see smug pictures of her posing around in the country side with the tag line "Winter goals" or something as equally moronic!
Perhaps if Q stopped bestowing ridiculously expensive gifts upon the (I would imagine) well paid presenters, then perhaps they could pass on a few more savings to the people who are keeping the company going - The customers!
So for the love of God Q, stop giving the likes of DF and the rest of the gang free hair stylers, fragrances, bath products etc etc etc - Them telling us that they like them isn't going to help the customer in any way, shape or form. I have no problem with the notion that Q's employees get heavily discounted products, it's a perk of the job...but freebies...NO, absolutely not! Demonstrate your merch on screen, on the day using the presenters and the models...and here's a novel thought, how about sending customers free samples with their orders, they don't have to be substantial, something like the little packets you get stuck on to the pages of magazines sometimes. I'm sure that's do-able. My catalogue does this fairly often, and yes, I've bought a full size fragrance on the back of this.
I'm coming to the conclusion that Q is a rather disgusting and uncaring company, and since the gingerbread debacle I have kept to my word and have bought no more from them!

I can sort of understand skincare items being given to trial, although it would need to be given a good few weeks before the items airs, so that the presenter can demonstrate results. I mean what if they genuinely didn't rate it (that must happen) or it brought them up in a rash? Would they still be expected to go on air and tell everybody that it's marvellous and to buy it? As for giving away clothing, why? Seeing the presenters, and models wearing things on air will show us how they look on. I'd much rather see DF have a bucket of cold water thrown over her on set, to demonstrate how dry a waterproof coat kept her, than to see smug pictures of her posing around in the country side with the tag line "Winter goals" or something as equally moronic!
Perhaps if Q stopped bestowing ridiculously expensive gifts upon the (I would imagine) well paid presenters, then perhaps they could pass on a few more savings to the people who are keeping the company going - The customers!
So for the love of God Q, stop giving the likes of DF and the rest of the gang free hair stylers, fragrances, bath products etc etc etc - Them telling us that they like them isn't going to help the customer in any way, shape or form. I have no problem with the notion that Q's employees get heavily discounted products, it's a perk of the job...but freebies...NO, absolutely not! Demonstrate your merch on screen, on the day using the presenters and the models...and here's a novel thought, how about sending customers free samples with their orders, they don't have to be substantial, something like the little packets you get stuck on to the pages of magazines sometimes. I'm sure that's do-able. My catalogue does this fairly often, and yes, I've bought a full size fragrance on the back of this.
I'm coming to the conclusion that Q is a rather disgusting and uncaring company, and since the gingerbread debacle I have kept to my word and have bought no more from them!

What a fantastic reply.

I agree with the samples bit.

I've tried explaining this for years. I thought that they could do this via the Tili box. Although my idea goes back years and years before Tili came out. New products, new fragrance, a selection of colours, whatever, special edition fragrance for a normal product for example a 25 ml sample of elastizer before buying a litre.

Could hug you for your answer. 😘😜

Yes, we wouldn't expect sales assistants in shops to have personally tried everything they sell, so why should Q presenters have to?
If I've been given a skincare sample that I've liked, I always tell them on counter if I return to buy the full size. This often results in even more little samples being given :)

Regards to the beauty TSV’s most of these sets include say Elemis Marine Cream, LE Cleanse & Polish, L’Occitane Shea Hand Cream, Prai Neck Cream, etc etc etc
So why when presenters say they have used or regularly use these said items do they need a full TSV kit and the kitchen sink, every time there’s a variation of said items from same brand.
Surely the presenters only need the new fragrance, the new release, the updated sample and they don’t need take said items home either.
After all customers used to be sent a sample new product on a card in readiness of a launch in an up coming TSV. Why should presenters not be treated the same way.
They have hair done/makeup applied by June’s team, there’s been comments about Simon using the showers, they put on nail polish and hand cream whilst at the studios.
So it’s my opinion most items should be made available for use only whilst at work.

As well as giving freebies to the presenters, they’ve gone down in several ways in my eyes.

The TSVs are now often weekly “bargains” as they’re available days before the launch. Maybe I’d be more interested if every TSV came with free P&P. They allegedly offer the goods at a bargain price, but when you factor in the P&P on many of the TSVs it’s not as good a deal as they make out.

Also, with their prices on other items, are they really that good or not? Well, I occasionally watch a show to see if I’m interested in it and then source it elsewhere. Case in point .... I liked the idea of the StylPro make up brush cleaner. It’s £34.96 + £2.95 P&P. I’ve ordered the same one from Amazon for £19.99 and free P&P.

And maybe it’s just me, but 99% of the presenters are now more pushy and shouty than they used to be. QVC need to up their game as they are not the only retailer in existence.

Claire Sutton posted this just after she left the Q, I wondered then if all these dresses had been 'loaned' so she was washing them before they were returned. Of course, it could be that she just loves the brand but that's a lot of dresses 🤔

I rarely watch a show these days, if looking for a product that Q sell I check out other sites and if Q are a better price with the P&P then I order from them.I get bored very easily with the presentation as have seen it all before!
I used the Q as a personal shopper for some time before giving up on them completely. I wore an Eeek ring yesterday that is nearly 20 years old, it looked fabulous & was a reminder of the days when I was a satisfied customer.

Regards to the beauty TSV’s most of these sets include say Elemis Marine Cream, LE Cleanse & Polish, L’Occitane Shea Hand Cream, Prai Neck Cream, etc etc etc
So why when presenters say they have used or regularly use these said items do they need a full TSV kit and the kitchen sink, every time there’s a variation of said items from same brand.
Surely the presenters only need the new fragrance, the new release, the updated sample and they don’t need take said items home either.
After all customers used to be sent a sample new product on a card in readiness of a launch in an up coming TSV. Why should presenters not be treated the same way.
They have hair done/makeup applied by June’s team, there’s been comments about Simon using the showers, they put on nail polish and hand cream whilst at the studios.
So it’s my opinion most items should be made available for use only whilst at work.

Craig would have a hard time adhering to that little rule methinks.

I’ll make a prediction. I am pretty sure that they do read the comments on this forum. I predict that they will start saying that they have bought the products they have at home. They are an artful lot and will find a way round it. They won’t give up on these benefits. Perhaps they will make a token payment of a few pounds so that they can say they bought a product. No, I don’t have a high opinion of some of them and nothing would surprise me.

Latest posts

Back