Ruth Langsford New Range

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I feel sorry for Ruth and Eamon as they have worked hard and it would appear they are being replaced for the wrong reasons - they aren't diverse enough. It's hardly their fault they're not gay or BAME or come on TV dressed up as each other is it? I've never heard of Alison Hammond and perhaps she's got the job to tick a box. We'll see if she's any good at it.

CC

I feel sorry for Ruth and Eamon as they have worked hard and it would appear they are being replaced for the wrong reasons - they aren't diverse enough. It's hardly their fault they're not gay or BAME or come on TV dressed up as each other is it? I've never heard of Alison Hammond and perhaps she's got the job to tick a box. We'll see if she's any good at it.

CC
✅ sadly the more diversity is pushed, the higher the chances that tolerance is tested.

A small quote from Mirror on line (someone might do the necessary link)

She told the Mirror Notebook: "We've put the work in. We didn't do a reality show and get an overnight job on the telly. We've come up through the ranks.

Not a happy bunny.

She put the work in?! That’s hilarious, I’d hardly call sitting on your bum gabbing “work”. To be honest if putting your name to a clothing range on a shopping channel is coming through the ranks, I’d hardly say she’s arrived. 😂

✅ sadly the more diversity is pushed, the higher the chances that tolerance is tested.
Yesterday everybody got a "video" to watch via our work portal regarding what's ok, and what's not ok when it comes to talking to people of BAME...eg..it's not ok to touch my hair..but it is ok to compliment it, It's not ok to ask me where I'm from, but it is ok to get to know me etc etc..seriously there must've been at least 20 examples..and it closed with the tag line EVERYBODY deserves respect..and sadly, and as wrong as this may sound - I felt that I personally didn't! It's a difficult one - racism exists, as do other "phobias" and they need to be tackled and challenged for sure..but how can this be done without shifting it onto another section of society instead? I guess one could argue that "now you know how it feels to be marginalised" (if that's the correct word)" but surely that's not an ideal solution, nor what I'd imagine what such campaigning sets out to achieve.

Last edited:
He's an experienced journalist & is one of the few who is prepared to say it as it is, she started working on local TV in Devon & in my opinion has done well from being part of a couple. There are an increasing number of people who have gone on to have tv careers after appearing on a reality shows & some of them now have their own ranges on QVC, just like Ruth 😏

Gawd help us then if we get the Gemma Collins range :eek: :eek: although it'll be good for a larf !

Yesterday everybody got a "video" to watch via our work portal regarding what's ok, and what's not ok when it comes to talking to people of BAME...eg..it's not ok to touch my hair..but it is ok to compliment it, It's not ok to ask me where I'm from, but it is ok to get to know me etc etc..seriously there must've been at least 20 examples..and it closed with the tag line EVERYBODY deserves respect..and sadly, and as wrong as this may sound - I felt that I personally didn't! It's a difficult one - racism exists, as do other "phobias" and they need to be tackled and challenged for sure..but how can this be done without shifting it onto another section of society instead? I guess one could argue that "now you know how it feels to be marginalised" (if that's the correct word)" but surely that's not an ideal solution, nor what I'd imagine what such campaigning sets out to achieve.
Like I said, we can be dictated to like children in how to behave - but all the dictats in the world might change behaviour but it won't get into peoples thinking. Maybe in 100 years when white/BAME in this country will be 50/50 split, things will be different.

I see Jackie Joseph is now an ‘upcycler‘ and taken over presenting Money for Nothing on BBC 1, hanging round the local tip, annoying people. Box ticking? I wonder if she will still be a fashion expert/BA on QVC?

Noooooooo ! I loved it when Sarah Moore (is she still in it ?) did the renovations and upcycling, for me she was the real deal without being 'oiky'. Yes she has her own craft workbarn, and clearly isn't hard up, but I loved her jolly hockey sticks approach to her way of presenting.

She has been on M f n for a few series (once or twice a series) and then back on Q .
I haven’t seen this weeks shows - had she been promoted to the actual recycling centre tips?

Noooooooo ! I loved it when Sarah Moore (is she still in it ?) did the renovations and upcycling, for me she was the real deal without being 'oiky'. Yes she has her own craft workbarn, and clearly isn't hard up, but I loved her jolly hockey sticks approach to her way of presenting.
Yes she alternates with Jay “I can do a drippy leg” Blades. For a while there was a craftsperson AJ who presented as well but he died very recently.

I see Jackie Joseph is now an ‘upcycler‘ and taken over presenting Money for Nothing on BBC 1, hanging round the local tip, annoying people. Box ticking? I wonder if she will still be a fashion expert/BA on QVC?
Her up cycling efforts are terrible. Nothing like the quality of the artisans that do the other up cycling. She must really do them herself.

The likes of Sarah Moore (who noticeably hasn't capitalised on her exposure) have been doing it for years, and have a natural talent for 're-designing', so its embarrassing to watch some alleged stylist / painter of chair legs leap into the tv presenting world believing they can do the same.

I think Ruth found her feet purely for being the wife of Eamon who, as we have already alluded to,is a very experienced, and in my opinion excellent journalist, and good guy. We may never have had Ruth ‘designing’ her fashion range.
I often wonder what the process is because all these clothes are made in China, even surprise, surprise well known high end designers frequently sport the “made in China” label. So do you all think they sit at a drawing board “design” a frock etc, then send said drawing to China for an English translator to make the Chinese cutter fully aware of the pattern, make one such item, and if it passes run off thousands of said frocks, perhaps jumpers and jackets, pack them off to the UK in a container for further sale on QVC.

This is a genuine querie, not a test, but answers on a postcard to reach me before the end of November so I can sleep at night!🤣🤣🤣

Timeline:
The buyers, or their agent, goes to China, slopps around the warehouse looking at samples. After discussions on price for quantities, they pick a selection and tell them to put RL labels on this lot, MarlaW labels on this lot, Gok labels on this batch and on it goes.
Two months later they arrive in Liverpool

Half an hour before going on air Ruthless or whoever flicks through them job done.
3 weeks later customer gets delivery, hates it, sends it back.
3 months later the customer gets money back.

3 years later it’s in clearance after the same garment being sent from Lands End to John O’Croats and back umpteen times.

Finally someone doesn’t send it back and it arrives in the charity shop label intact.

Latest posts

Back