Bare Minerals TSV 21/11/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Daniel said last night on his insta live that BM were moving to synthetic brushes and away from animal hair but that they didn’t want to have wasted. The lady then said they were still collected cruelty free. Didn’t think it was a very good explanation to be fair!

I wonder if giving them away ever crossed their minds.

I've just watched the first few minutes of the demo, the blonde model (Courtney?) pretending to apply the products when it's obvious she's not touching her face, especially the shadow stick is making want to throw something at the TV!!
Ha I was just coming to say that! She was hilarious used the shadow stick as a wand at one point!! Even made my other half watch as made me laugh out loud!!

But...gold looks shite on English Rose/celtic complexions....ie me. Who's being marginalised now, ffs! Tail wagging
How many years all we got was the taupe shades in TSVs every brand. So Boo Woo. I can wear gold eyeshadow no problem.
dog.

do you find that powdery & ageing, sf? It always looks so....solid?

The medium is rather pink. Think Periot (sp?)

Buuut, they changed the shades somewhat about 1-2 years ago, so I 've not tried the medium since.

Ah so us pale faces get to use up old stock 😕

That’s true, and I think it’s more to do with the fact that some darker skin people buying this will be Muslim and can’t have animal products without being Halal, so I’m afraid fair skin are stuck with the animal hair brushes, which is totally unfair. Don’t know what the BM guest is trying to hide saying they’re “lighter and darker” brushes, when we know there’s more to them than that.

That’s true, and I think it’s more to do with the fact that some darker skin people buying this will be Muslim and can’t have animal products without being Halal, so I’m afraid fair skin are stuck with the animal hair brushes, which is totally unfair. Don’t know what the BM guest is trying to hide saying they’re “lighter and darker” brushes, when we know there’s more to them than that.
Bit naughty just heard Julie ask if there is any difference and he said no they’re the same brush. Well they’re not really are they! I prefer the synthetic ones not just because of the animal hair but because synthetic is softer and I find less shedding

Bit naughty just heard Julie ask if there is any difference and he said no they’re the same brush. Well they’re not really are they! I prefer the synthetic ones not just because of the animal hair but because synthetic is softer and I find less shedding
And they don’t irritate like the animal ones. I keep goats & their hair isn’t soft, it’s quite hard, can be bit prickly on the ends. Think about comparing soft poodle hair with the coarser hair of some terrier breeds & that’s what it’s like.

I thought BM had always used synthetic hair in their brushes :unsure:

They also do pony hair brushes, they were in a set I bought once from BM, I messaged and they said the hair was ethically collected.........must’ve been when the pony had a hair cut. 😃

****** hell! I've been putting my make up on completely wrong all these years. Coat the dog's tail in BM or other, put my face close, wave cake, dog wags tail. Voila!

CC

Haaaa

I have to try this with my Spaniel. Plus his floppy ears have endless possibilities....most recently his Flapometer has been excellent at gaging the wind levels when on walkies, & also the car speed when he shoves his head out of the window.....

Latest posts

Back