Today I bought....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have been considering buying an Etsy gift card for a pressie. Anyone used there gift cards - are they ok to use or is it one of those things where there are so many T&C that no vendors accept them?

TIA
I have an Etsy shop and I accept any kind of payments. The money actually goes to Etsy so it is Etsy that is accepting it's own gift cards and then they pay the vendors every week/month (minus fees of course!). There are lovely things to buy, I always look there first if I want something different.

CC

I have an Etsy shop and I accept any kind of payments. The money actually goes to Etsy so it is Etsy that is accepting it's own gift cards and then they pay the vendors every week/month (minus fees of course!). There are lovely things to buy, I always look there first if I want something different.

CC
Thank you - I had read that not every shop accepts the gift cards and didn’t want to give a present which could only be redeemed by a very few vendors.

They have the sharpest claws. Do you have any electrolyzed water? It's kind to hands & I've used it since alter told us about it back in the summer.

I was going to suggest it but you beat me to it!

It'll help heal the cuts too. I've recently discovered a new use for it. It's now being sprayed on my psoriasis patches and is helping enormously plus I don't have a big blob of white greasy stuff on the middle of my forehead or mucking up the sleeves of my tops.

Quick update on the kitties, 😺 mum and babies are all settled using their litter tray 💩 and seem content to be back together. 😸😻

I don't have any electrolyzed water... where would I get some please, my hands are still very sore, especially my left palm where a kitten gouged out a piece of flesh :(

Quick update on the kitties, 😺 mum and babies are all settled using their litter tray 💩 and seem content to be back together. 😸😻

I don't have any electrolyzed water... where would I get some please, my hands are still very sore, especially my left palm where a kitten gouged out a piece of flesh :(

Sorry, this is messy!

I searched for Dew Products, which is a Dundee based company, which Alter Ego has been using for some time. I believe it is the Disinfect product you need. If AE doesn't see this, maybe do a private message, as when it has been discussed before she has some great tips about storing and using this.

Sorry, this is messy!

I searched for Dew Products, which is a Dundee based company, which Alter Ego has been using for some time. I believe it is the Disinfect product you need. If AE doesn't see this, maybe do a private message, as when it has been discussed before she has some great tips about storing and using this.
Thank you so much!

I will get some ordered, I'm interested in the hand sanitiser too when working in the store I use hand gel after every transaction so 20 to 30 times an hour and my hands and nails have really dried out, they've improved since I've been furloughed so this could be the solution.

Sorry, this is messy!

Thanks, May.

Yes, it's the Disinfect you need. The Superclean is good on steel and glass but as a hand sanitiser and all-round disinfectant look for the... Hand Sanitiser or Disinfectant :D

It really is fab stuff. I use it for wound cleaning (I'm extra-careful now as I don't want any trips to the GP or hospital), so all and any scrapes get sprayed as soon as possible. I have the atomiser so use that to mist anything I'd use Febreze on. Extra helpful if you're Covid-averse like me so I spray Mr AE down after he's been out. Great on pet beds to keep smells away, great on pets themselves if they have sore spots as they can lick it without any problems.

Mr AE has shingles quite frequently. As soon as he feels it coming he's started spraying with Dew and the blisters don't come up as badly as they normally do. He also gets problems with his eye so cleans it with Dew on a cotton pad then uses his drops. This makes a huge difference to the recovery speed compared to just using the drops alone. There are brands that sell drops made from this but I can't find any in the UK so I know it's safe for eyes.

It's also good as a mouthwash but needs a 50:50 with water. I'd had toothache caused by a gum problem for the first few months of lockdown and was rec'd Corsodyl over the phone by the dentist as a stop-gap. It did the job but turned my teeth brown. I've since had it sorted but now do a quick rinse with Dew after eating as I've been warned it may come back. I was also told Listerine Gum Advance (or similar) is as good as Corsodyl but doesn't stain (the effects of both of these last longer in the mouth than Dew so if you have a problem use them - the Dew is great to help prevent them). It's a bit salty and, as I said, doesn't stick around on the mucosa (like the others need to) so I usually rinse with plain water afterward.

Anything you need sanitising and can use water on can get the Dew treatment.

It has a very faint chlorine smell for a few seconds after spraying. It's not bleach but part of the chemical property. I find this very reassuring as hypochlorous water by nature isn't very stable. They say a year after opening and I've just finished a 5L bottle I bought just over a year ago. It still had the chlorine whiff so I know it's still okay. I bought another brand called Aquaint (Vital Baby) from Boots that has a 3 month use-by after opening. I've tried two bottles of this and found the chlorine whiff disappeared after about two months which made me lose faith in it.

If you want to know more about hypochlorous acid/electrolysed water there are a few brands out there that have info on their sites. Offhand I can remember Natrasan, Nemesis, Clinisept and Vital Baby (info on Boots.com as well as their own sites). Vital Baby also sell a UV sanitiser that looks interesting, but that's for another day). Aquazzee is another brand with info on their site. Dew is the cheapest of the lot apart from Vital Baby if you can get it on offer.

It's without a doubt the best thing I've ever discovered.

I've ordered the Hand Held Multi from GTech on their Black Friday deal. £99.99 (down from £149.99) with a free car kit worth £50.00. Ordered 6pm yesterday and it'll be delivered today. The delivery was free which was a pleasant surprise. Q could do with taking note IMO.
I have wanted one for a while so at that price it seemed stupid not to.

I've ordered the Hand Held Multi from GTech on their Black Friday deal. £99.99 (down from £149.99) with a free car kit worth £50.00. Ordered 6pm yesterday and it'll be delivered today. The delivery was free which was a pleasant surprise. Q could do with taking note IMO.
I have wanted one for a while so at that price it seemed stupid not to.

An excellent deal. I have one and use it regularly for minor cleaning and spills.

Anyone got one of the newest GTech Hylite .
No, but I was tempted, despite having a pretty decent cordless vac. It's the one with bags isn't it. I thought it would be good for my stair carpet, as I find it pretty awkward to do with a regular sized handheld. Even though my vac converts into a handheld, I don't find it that great on the stairs. Decided against buying 'cause I thought it a lot of money to spend for one job. I have since discovered that a good old dustpan and brush does a pretty job on the stairs, so I'm sticking with that. Love the compactness of it, but can't say I'm sure about it having bags though, bit of a bind!

No, but I was tempted, despite having a pretty decent cordless vac. It's the one with bags isn't it. I thought it would be good for my stair carpet, as I find it pretty awkward to do with a regular sized handheld. Even though my vac converts into a handheld, I don't find it that great on the stairs. Decided against buying 'cause I thought it a lot of money to spend for one job. I have since discovered that a good old dustpan and brush does a pretty job on the stairs, so I'm sticking with that. Love the compactness of it, but can't say I'm sure about it having bags though, bit of a bind!
Yes it is the one with the bag.

Yes it is the one with the bag.
After at least 10 years of everyone proclaiming the virtues of a bagless vacuum, now everyone has one, they have to try an sell you one with bags!

It is just sales hype, and I would never go back to a vac that you have to buy bags for. And I believe the ones for Gtech have to be bought from them and are very expensive, probably plus PP as well.

Late last night I bought - Gift mate 32 piece festive gift bag set! Cross with myself for not sticking to my principles ,as I'd promised myself that I wasn't going to buy anything more from them. Thing is, I watched the demonstration and I could see that the jumbo bags were enormous and they would most certainly be big enough for my needs (2 in the pack), and that the other sizes, apart from the teeny tiny ones looked pretty good too and that this pack would most certainly cover everything I need to wrap this xmas. I love the idea that there's literally no effort involved, don't need extra tissue paper, nor do you need to secure the tops of bags with tape to stop the contents being seen, so for me, a winner all round. Present wrapping is a pet hate of mine, so I've used gift bags for years, but it can be a faff going round all the shops buying the various sizes. I do re-use old ones whenever I can, but then you need to get new tags for them, so this set ticked all the boxes for me. I did argue with myself with regards to the promise I'd made to stop giving them my custom, but thought no point in shooting yourself in the foot girl, so I placed the order. I've had a quick look this morning elsewhere on line and there does seem to be a few better deals out there, but checking the sizes of the jumbo bags, the gift mate jumbos do seem to be a slightly better size, though some of the other sets gave you more bags, you can't vouch for the quality . The gift mate demo did make them look pretty robust. As I said before, I bought a bargainous set of gift bags online a couple of years back and the bags were pretty shoddy, and I did end up having a bag full of gifts collapse on the way to the recipients house and ended up staggering round trying not to lose the contents all over the floor!...Anyway, that's xmas wrapped, and hopefully a return to not buying anything more from Q!
Disappointing unfortunately...The jumbo bags of which there's two just about covers the big present I wanted to wrap, but you can't tie it and you can see the top of the box...because the box is plain brown..it's not so bad as you can't see what it is, but might just slip the other bag over it. The extra large bags are what I'd describe as large, large is definitely not large, medium is small and small is tiny! Pretty much everything that's in a box has to be packed on its side before it'll fit in. I'm going to end up having to pack things separately 'cause they aren't very roomy and the tie bit's quite low down so you lose quite a bit of the space. Not my best purchase, but they'll have to do. I managed to get a small box of aftershave in one of the small bags but it wouldn't do up because the tie is set too low...I've just stuck it down like a regular present. They're also not as thick as I'd hoped. So just to let people know that imo they're not worth buying. Ok for loose stuff, but that's about all, when it comes to stuff in boxes, the bags are either too small or far too big, and apart from the jumbo sized bags, none of them are really wide enough. Couldn't even pack a smallish box containing a scented candle and a reed diffuser with out putting it in on its side...hope it doesn't start to leak. Not cross with Q this time, a little bit cross with myself, but not gonna beat myself up over it. Just a disappointing product!

Merryone sometimes you just have to learn the hard way. Would you not consider sending back since you are having to wrap most anyway?

Like I said, they’ll just about do. I’ll probably end up using a lot more of the bags than I envisaged and using ones that are too big just to fit stuff in. I shouldn’t need to resort to the old way.. but might use some of the conventional gift bags I’ve already got. Tried them, not impressed so never again. Not expensive enough to warrant return really. They are most certainly not the wonder solution ms Gauntlett says. Hey ho- lesson learnt again!!

Latest posts

Back