QVC Model Sharon Fifer

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Evie

Registered Shopper
I am not on Facebook but can read posts on QVC Facebook. Model Sharon Fifer has posted on the community section to say goodbye. She has a link to her instagram account which has a post suggesting that she feels something unfair happened which caused her to lose her job. She says that someone she considered to be her friend made sure she lost the job she loved.

I am not up on the models and names but just looked her up and I do at least recognise her. Below from Instagram at the end of October.

“This is one of the last photos I took working for a uk shopping channel. Sadly I became a victim of today’s ‘cancel culture’ which has become an epidemic in the uk. Someone I considered to be a friend chose to make sure I lost a job I loved doing for 16 years because she didn’t like a true account and experience I posted on FB. This is such a vindictive spiteful thing to do I have no words to describe how I feel. We are all going through such difficult times with the pandemic but sadly there are people out there despite everything who are happy to try to make your life that bit more difficult. The @freespeechunionhave been my rock and have supported me through this difficult time. They assured me I had done nothing wrong. They are working hard to support people who are losing their jobs due to voicing unpopular opinions. Do we really want the UK to be a place where we feel nervous to express ourselves and have a voice? Please support this very important issue .....“

I’m curious now.

I am not up on the models and names but just looked her up and I do at least recognise her. Below from Instagram at the end of October.

“This is one of the last photos I took working for a uk shopping channel. Sadly I became a victim of today’s ‘cancel culture’ which has become an epidemic in the uk. Someone I considered to be a friend chose to make sure I lost a job I loved doing for 16 years because she didn’t like a true account and experience I posted on FB. This is such a vindictive spiteful thing to do I have no words to describe how I feel. We are all going through such difficult times with the pandemic but sadly there are people out there despite everything who are happy to try to make your life that bit more difficult. The @freespeechunionhave been my rock and have supported me through this difficult time. They assured me I had done nothing wrong. They are working hard to support people who are losing their jobs due to voicing unpopular opinions. Do we really want the UK to be a place where we feel nervous to express ourselves and have a voice? Please support this very important issue .....“

I’m curious now.
sadly there's nothing new going on here!

I wouldn’t put it past any one of the presenters at QVC to get someone the sack, to assert their authority and position. Top of my list would be Queen Julia and Fibby Flint, because if they can come across as aggressive, nasty, intimidating and vindictive on air imagine what they’re really like off air.

Could be someone behind the scenes who’s name would mean nothing to us - on the other hand.........!

Mind you she double posted on Q Arsebook and it was all lovey dovey with Ruthless getting a special mention so perhaps a wee bit 2 faced?

She was a popular model on QVC. If she was badly treated who needs them anyway? I looked at her photography and she is obviously very good at it so if it were me I'd put my efforts into expanding that career rather than strutting around a fake catwalk in Renee's hideous stretchy trousers or Marla's tents.

CC

One thing we all have to bear in mind...even if free speech is protected, you are not protected from the consequences of exercising your free speech.
It could be any number of divisive issues that could have caused a friendship to end in such an awful way. We can all think of a few well known trigger topics... but it could be a topic much closer to home!

I wish her well, and I cannot help feeling she's better off away from such a toxic situation.

One thing we all have to bear in mind...even if free speech is protected, you are not protected from the consequences of exercising your free speech.
It could be any number of divisive issues that could have caused a friendship to end in such an awful way. We can all think of a few well known trigger topics... but it could be a topic much closer to home!

I wish her well, and I cannot help feeling she's better off away from such a toxic situation.
That's right...a friend of mine is going through something like this at work. She's working from home and her work laptop broke so she had to wait for a replacement, so she had a few days off and was told she didn't have to take them as leave as it wasn't her fault. New one arrived and that didn't work either, so another wait. She was asked to go into the office and she said no because there's nothing she can do without her laptop and we're in lockdown. She was told that they would surely be able to find something for her to do..so she complained to the union who told her she didn't have to go into the office. Now she's up and working again...her line manager has said that she needs people to possibly change their hours over lockdown as everybody's logging on between certain hours leaving a gap in the latter half of the day. She's immediately said I'm in my right to work within the flexi time directive....and again got onto the union. She's free to do this of course..but she's not making herself very popular.
She might not lose her job over this, but she's shooting herself in the foot by being so rigid. In and outside of the workplace, I think when it comes to views you've got to be very careful with whom you discuss them...but it must be extra bad when someone you considered to be a friend stabs you in the back! Sometimes I prefer to go with the flow and just keep my thoughts to myself. I wholeheartedly agree with a lot of comments made on FB but I'd never comment upon them, as I know I'd end up falling out with lets say a few of my more liberal/leftie friends!

Oh my goodness I really liked Sharon she never appeared to be full of herself and you’d take it she was a down to earth nice person.
It really never appeared to be all about her, she seemed natural and just about the QVC item
Yes I do recall Julia mentioning she’d done some photography.
Also that Carla said that Sharon had been to St Lucia with her on holiday, think that was September last year.
That’s really shocked me, so sad she’s lost her job

She was a popular model on QVC. If she was badly treated who needs them anyway? I looked at her photography and she is obviously very good at it so if it were me I'd put my efforts into expanding that career rather than strutting around a fake catwalk in Renee's hideous stretchy trousers or Marla's tents.

CC

If you look in the lifestyle section of her pics, there's a shot of Tiff from the days when her mouth was able to open. IOW most of the pics are quite old. It also seems a Q fest. 'Not who you know'.........

Now, if she's talking about loosing her job as a model, thing is it'll be her agency who stopped calling her. I don't believe Q employ models directly - at least they didn't used to.

Don't forget she is the model who sent a Q customer a nasty message on FB or Instagram out the blue, will have a look later and find the details.

So couple years back she suddenly sent Q customer a rude message on Instagram. Person had never interested with her so asked why she was saying this to her, got another mouthful of abuse and blocked her.

Sharon's contract at Q wasn't renewed many months ago. Before July but she keeps taking to social media to mention it.

Latest posts

Back