over 80% off Clearence on QVC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Great reductions, but as you say and as expected, sizes are limited.

My company is planning massive price reductions in the fourth coming January sale, a lot will be sold at a loss but they need to liquidate the stock and keep the money coming in to pay for next seasons lines.

Retailing is now incredibly tough, maybe QVC are feeling the pinch too.
I don't think QVC are doing as well as people think, I saw a finical program on CNN a while ago and they were talking about the company was doing and explore different platforms to sell.

Did the Outlet store in Shrewsbury close as planned? If so, I'm not surprised that they're clearing out excess stock, there must be loads of cold shoulder dresses & tops still available.

Did the Outlet store in Shrewsbury close as planned? If so, I'm not surprised that they're clearing out excess stock, there must be loads of cold shoulder dresses & tops still available.
Yes, sadly it’s now closed. I went there quite a lot, as Shrewsbury is just over an hours drive for me. It made a nice day out, as Shrewsbury is nice. I shall miss it. I think Warrington is the only outlet now, I wonder if that will close too?

Yes, sadly it’s now closed. I went there quite a lot, as Shrewsbury is just over an hours drive for me. It made a nice day out, as Shrewsbury is nice. I shall miss it. I think Warrington is the only outlet now, I wonder if that will close too?
Me too, I went on my birthday last year after lunch in Loch Fyne & treated myself to some Elemis.

That's the same as us. I love Shropshire & Shrewsbury's a lovely place for many reasons - just large enough for variety but still friendly. One of my favourite Christmas treats is the fayre in Much Wenlock; we were there when we got the call telling us our first grandchild had been born, it was a lady on one of the craft stalls who introduced me to needle felting & we always find the most wonderful things to eat & buy.

I think they probably aren't making a profit on most of these clearance lines, but those one or two items that take up a whole shelf will be costing them storage. If they'd cut out postage charges or at least cut down to amazon levels they might not be in this predicament because more goods would have sold. Only the very stupid buy at QVC prices before adding in postage charges these days. Adding in postage (not to mention returns) makes you realize what bargains they aren't selling.

I think they probably aren't making a profit on most of these clearance lines, but those one or two items that take up a whole shelf will be costing them storage. If they'd cut out postage charges or at least cut down to amazon levels they might not be in this predicament because more goods would have sold. Only the very stupid buy at QVC prices before adding in postage charges these days. Adding in postage (not to mention returns) makes you realize what bargains they aren't selling.
By adding in the postage has stopped me buying many things, and I’m sure I’m not the only one. You see an item priced at £34 . 95, and in your head you think ‘about 30 quid ‘ but then you notice the P&P is £4.95, so really you’re paying £40! I often see three or four pieces that I quite like in a diamonique show, but when the postage adds up to about £12,I won’t buy. Why on earth don’t they do capped P&P? I’m sure the sales would go up if they gave it a try.

Latest posts

Back