Beauty Gifts with Tili TSV 01/12/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I bought a rotating brush from QVC a while ago but can’t remember what make it was. I think the BA was called Paul?

Eventually the bit on the “handle” that held the brush head snapped, so I binned it. To be honest, I get a better result using a non-rotating brush and using my own rotating power (no batteries needed. 😉) I think they’re a bit of a gimmick.

most likely the magnitone one

Tili Rotating Make up Blending Brush with 2 Brush Heads
Item Number: 402917
QVC Price £50.00
Todays Special Value Price £32.96
P&P £3.95

The choice is yours - whether you're applying blusher, bronzer and contour powder or blending in your liquid or cream foundation, you can get the most out of this superb tool with the accompanying brush heads that take just seconds to detach and re-attach.

Ready to go - a single battery (already included) is all you need to test out your brand new make-up brush. With no charging time, it's so easy to get started and experiment with gorgeous looks.

• Please refer to the attached PDF for full instructions
  • Tili logo engraving on the handle
  • One speed setting: 220 RPM
  • Requires 1 x AA battery (included)
  • Total weight (including battery, handle and head): 140g
Contains:

• 1 x aluminium brush handle
  • 1 x foundation brush head
  • 1 x powder brush head
  • 1 x instruction leaflet
Colour options:

• Purple
  • Light Pink
  • Black
  • Fuchsia
  • Silver
  • Sand Gold

£36.91!!!!!!

I'm ordering one in every colour for me. Then a few for gifting. Such a bargain. Such great value.

FFS I thought if it's under £22 I'll give it a try. But £36.91 for something I've only seen sold at Q that had some very iffy reviews.

£36.91 think I need my quiet room.

This couldn't be a more blatant cheap Chinese stickered rip off of things like Magnitone as others mention. They don't even seem to bother to make it look a little different. Since TILI has been brought "officially into the QVC fold" they have their finger so far off the pulse in terms of competing in that sphere they may as well be in a parallel universe! Some recent TSVs, be it Tili or others have been complete and utter tat to say the least.

A pointless product if ever I saw one. Call me old fashioned but I don't think I've ever used a make up brush and thought...D'ya know what this needs? - a battery! It's not as though the human face is so big that applying powder or foundation is a laborious task, or that blending will be any better using something that's spinning around all over the place - I'd think it would be worse if I'm honest.
The usual QVC fodder, over priced tat! Off to read the FB comments..doubt if many will be complimentary -
It's a vibrator in disguise!
Wow! no comments yet - perhaps there are no words!

Last edited:
I'm going to ask something very ignorant, but then I don't buy beauty. What is TILI (Try It Love It)? Is it a box that all these things will fit into or just an umbrella term for all sorts of odd beauty items that they don't think will sell any other way unless they label them TILI? Help please!

I'm going to ask something very ignorant, but then I don't buy beauty. What is TILI (Try It Love It)? Is it a box that all these things will fit into or just an umbrella term for all sorts of odd beauty items that they don't think will sell any other way unless they label them TILI? Help please!
I was wondering that myself when I missed out on the last tili box - a box containing a mixture of small and full sized items at a special price to see how you get on with them and perhaps persuade you to buy the full sized version later down the line. I'd been keeping an eye on tili products and found things like an overpriced make up bag. What's to "try" there - it's a make up bag, and not a cheap one either. Same goes for this ludicrous brush, ok perhaps a revolving make up brush could be classed as something to try..but not for nearly £40!

Most of this stuff can be bought from Chinese sites for a couple of quid! I don’t buy from China now for ethical reasons but over the years have ordered loads(much to my shame now) All the Butler & Wilson tat can be found, I have bought brooches exactly the same for about 2 or 3 pounds.Kipling monkeys for 99p (they all had the Kipling label on, but were all named Danny!) Kipling type bags and pouches for between 3 and 20 pounds( which were all really good quality) Those jade face roller things, two for a fiver, and many other things, all free post. If they can sell things so cheaply to individuals just imagine the deals large companies get when buying in their thousands.

I see the magnitone brushes in my local TKMaxx before lockdown here on the 27th four or five of them and that is normal.

I have a Clarisonic use the delicate heads and bulk bought heads when I heard the brand was going. It was the original created by the man who invested the Philips Sonicare toothbrush. Bought the current one 3 years ago the one before that was 10 years old and still working. I only use it 3 times a week.

When the email came through I assumed you got a set of three as they seemed to be arranged that way. But no, it is just the one! Ok with 2 heads but just the one!?! And I see the full price is £50. Good grief. I buy my brushes from Boots, unless they come in say a Laura Geller TSV. I did buy a nice foundation brush from NYX but they closed their stores some time ago.

So does that mean Tili is just a way of marketing overpriced tat (surprise, surprise) and isn't either special products or even a (remotely special) (Tili) box you put (special? priced) stuff into? Who falls for that nowadays if that's all it is? I'm still confused if this is all it is because I've seen posts on here very excited about upcoming Tili boxes. What are Tili products - samples at a reduced price, the real deal "reduced" or what? And why have some people here become so excited about it?

Or is Tili simply Tat Inside, Lacking Imagination?

Or Tat Inside, Large Investment?

TILI did indeed used to mean 'try it love it' and a way of sampling some of the beauty brands that Q offered, in the same way LookFantastic and Glossybox allow you to sample new brands, but since its become fully publicised on the channel now - it seems to just be a meaningless brand now. Even some the boxes they occasionally do don't really hit the mark - and those who have followed TILI for a while will start hyper ventilating if I dare mention the advent calendar they brought to market a few years back!

TILI did indeed used to mean 'try it love it' and a way of sampling some of the beauty brands that Q offered, in the same way LookFantastic and Glossybox allow you to sample new brands, but since its become fully publicised on the channel now - it seems to just be a meaningless brand now. Even some the boxes they occasionally do don't really hit the mark - and those who have followed TILI for a while will start hyper ventilating if I dare mention the advent calendar they brought to market a few years back!
I’ve just re-used the Tili advent calendar & filled it with goodies for my lovely hairdresser. She didn’t get any advent calendars last year, so was filling it up through the year. Had a text to say day one, loved it.

Latest posts

Back