QVC Model Sharon Fifer

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I worked for a charity many years ago, and it was immediately apparent to me that unless I thought the way they did, it was best to keep shtum.
I often thought the staff were too focused on their own wellbeing and not enough on their clients'. Unfortunately and inevitably, the work was rather triggering initially and desensitising eventually. It wasn't something I could endure, as I can't switch off from cruelty at the end of my working day, so I left and was much happier in a work environment where diversity of opinion is normal.

That was exactly what I found, maymorganlondon. Charity may begin at home but it ends in the workplace, in my experience. It's made me very careful which charities I support. I want to know my money goes where I want it to go, not where some nameless committee decides.

Jo Skinner got the knife out on Tanya another model. Tanya last year I believe put a post up on QVC Facebook saying she had not been contacted about any work. She did fashion and loads of beauty shows. She was disappointed at being dropped without even QVC letting her know. So a few posts of poor Tanya and then in bounced Jo. Who put the boot in. How when she was dropped without warning people she classed as friends working at QVC(yes that would include Alison Young, they went horse riding together) including Tanya never contacted her to see how she was etc. It was Karma and Tanya now knows how it feels and she deserved it.

Of course, it was all deleted pretty quickly but it was a real OH Drama!
Oh yes I remember that I used to like Tanya

I like Anna the new Model who is Anne Dawsons daughter in law.

Catherine just has a very dated look, everything about her. She’s a bit too Stepford Wives for me. Also, she doesn’t speak, she oozes.
She's nice enough but I don't like her hair. It's a bit shampoo and set for me. Past models that I really liked are the original Sharon, Joy, Amica, Tanya, there must be others but these stood out. Jo Fair as well but I think I saw her recently on a qvc beauty show.

CC

I worked for a charity many years ago, and it was immediately apparent to me that unless I thought the way they did, it was best to keep shtum.
I often thought the staff were too focused on their own wellbeing and not enough on their clients'. Unfortunately and inevitably, the work was rather triggering initially and desensitising eventually. It wasn't something I could endure, as I can't switch off from cruelty at the end of my working day, so I left and was much happier in a work environment where diversity of opinion is normal.
I eventually started to speak up in my local authority job because I could stand it no longer.when paperwork and box ticking became more important than clients.
That’s when things really got nasty. The managers targeted me tried to move me and were very ageist. Eventually I resigned and felt much better but gave them a few home truths before I went.
You would think local councils would be a paragon of equality and free speech. Not so.
I am a qualified social worker and think I was a good one. I was able to retire thankfully.
I think modelling is probably cut throat not helped by the perception they don’t have intelligence.
I loved Joy and Lenny together.

Could be someone behind the scenes who’s name would mean nothing to us - on the other hand.........!

Mind you she double posted on Q Arsebook and it was all lovey dovey with Ruthless getting a special mention so perhaps a wee bit 2 faced?
Hi, I have to firstly say I am flattered anyone would be remotely interested in my boring life 😕 Yes it was someone behind the scenes who felt upset by a post I put on FB and flagged it up to a manager at Q who was also a friend of hers. Of course I apologised and removed the post but she had taken a screen shot and decided to show it to Q. It really wasn’t that bad but I admit in the current times it was sensitive and not my best judgment. I had no chance to explain or have any conversation after putting Q first priority in my life for 16 years. It’s been tough but overall I had an amazing 16 years there. It was just 3 people out of 2000 who work at Q who sought my termination. Yes I am upset but I can’t blame the whole company. So yes I will still shop there.
Amica was my best friend and I miss her everyday 😪. Joy I have known 30+ years and still see. Jo S ..well apparently Q had a staff shop at very discounted prices. Jo reportedly used to buy loads of stuff and sell it at a profit!!! So yes her contract was terminated and no models since then were able to buy discounted anything.
I absolutely never said anything abusive to any Q customer. I have screen shots of the conversation if anyone is interested 😊
Take care everyone ... these are such difficult times. Very best wishes Sharon xxx

Last edited by a moderator:
What Sharon has posted, has totally highlighted the bad things about social media. I'm on facebook, just to keep in touch with friends, and watch a few funny cat videos, and to wish people a happy birthday. Anything politically sensitive...I keep well away, even if I'm in whole hearted agreement with the other person's words...it's safer. Especially as I work for a large company with many colleagues as "friends". It takes a person braver than me to ask people to stop putting up empty words about serious topics such as cancer, mental health, gender diversity, race etc lazily copied and pasted, asking me to do the same, or worse still play some pointless game to raise awareness..Like writing the word Lemon as my status is going to help anyone suffering from domestic abuse! I never respond to this sort of thing, or do I post or repost anything remotely to do with race, gender, or sexual orientation - I'd never mean to offend someone, but it's so easily done in this day and age..upset someone at work, and you could end up losing your job, especially if they're particularly vindictive as they were in Sharon's case - bad times! Thanks Sharon for coming on here and talking to us x

Hi, I have to firstly say I am flattered anyone would be remotely interested in my boring life 😕 Yes it was someone behind the scenes who felt upset by a post I put on FB and flagged it up to a manager at Q who was also a friend of hers. Of course I apologised and removed the post but she had taken a screen shot and decided to show it to Q. It really wasn’t that bad but I admit in the current times it was sensitive and not my best judgment. I had no chance to explain or have any conversation after putting Q first priority in my life for 16 years. It’s been tough but overall I had an amazing 16 years there. It was just 3 people out of 2000 who work at Q who sought my termination. Yes I am upset but I can’t blame the whole company. So yes I will still shop there.
Amica was my best friend and I miss her everyday 😪. Joy I have known 30+ years and still see. Jo S ..well apparently Q had a staff shop at very discounted prices. Jo reportedly used to buy loads of stuff and sell it at a profit!!! So yes her contract was terminated and no models since then were able to buy discounted anything.
I absolutely never said anything abusive to any Q customer. I have screen shots of the conversation if anyone is interested 😊
Take care everyone ... these are such difficult times. Very best wishes Sharon xxx
You should join us in posting on here more regularly. We wouldn't expect you to "spill the beans" or reveal internal politics or other information you would not be comfortable with, but your insight would be interesting. We're always curious about things at QVC. Some of us are just nosy (well, I'm talking about myself here) so even the most mundane thing would probably fascinate us!

I am so sorry & appreciate your decision to tell us about what happened. Let's be honest - you're too good for them & their polyester 'fashion' hours. I wish you every success in the future.

Latest posts

Back