Season's Greetings...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Twilight

Registered Shopper
🎄Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, or whatever else you call the festival, I wish you all a peaceful few days. Let's suspend this awful year, look to the future & appreciate all the good aspects of our lives. Stay safe, not just from this pesky virus, but under-cooked turkey, wrapping paper near the candles & too many sprouts! We'll all be here in 2021 so watch out QVC 😉

Oh yes, the same Best Wishes from me too. I hope everyone has a marvellous time and still manages to stay safe and well. Here’s hoping for a considerably better 2021... well it couldn’t be much worse after all.🎄🎄🎄🥂🥂🥂🎁🎁🎁

Also, thanks to all my friends on this forum for the amazing support through my recent tribulations. It meant the world to me. 😍😍😍

I'm on my own with the dog, and I'm turning my phone off because well meaning callers tend to say something stupid like "are you having a nice day ? " I mean my life is Groundhog Day and 25th December wont be any different, so if anyone can tell me how having a 'nice' day on your own, happens then let me know. Of course I say, yes fine thanks, when in reality I want to say "how can it be nice, unwrapping presents on my own, having a M & S ready meal, and with no-one to talk to eh?" but I don't so it doesn't upset anyone.

So if you know someone on their own and call them, please don't say that because it can cut really deep.

I honestly just want to get through it all with as little fuss as possible and look forward as we all do to brighter times in 2021.This has been a challenging year for us all in various degrees.I was hoping to branch out again and take a step forward by going away on holiday, obviously not but I have some friends who have scooped me up unless we decide it is best not to mix.I have been on my own for virtually 9 months so a few more days are not going to make a difference.I tell myself I must be made of stern stuff to have got this far!

I'm on my own with the dog, and I'm turning my phone off because well meaning callers tend to say something stupid like "are you having a nice day ? " I mean my life is Groundhog Day and 25th December wont be any different, so if anyone can tell me how having a 'nice' day on your own, happens then let me know. Of course I say, yes fine thanks, when in reality I want to say "how can it be nice, unwrapping presents on my own, having a M & S ready meal, and with no-one to talk to eh?" but I don't so it doesn't upset anyone.

So if you know someone on their own and call them, please don't say that because it can cut really deep.
I have been in contact with my Sister in South Africa every 2 weeks since lockdown via WhatsApp video as she lost her wonderful husband a few years ago. She does have a daughter & grandchildren close by, but due to strict lockdown procedures has not been able to visit.

I honestly just want to get through it all with as little fuss as possible and look forward as we all do to brighter times in 2021.This has been a challenging year for us all in various degrees.I was hoping to branch out again and take a step forward by going away on holiday, obviously not but I have some friends who have scooped me up unless we decide it is best not to mix.I have been on my own for virtually 9 months so a few more days are not going to make a difference.I tell myself I must be made of stern stuff to have got this far!
Absolutely, well done, embrace your wonderful friends.

Today is my last day off before Christmas day and I'll be working 12 to 14 hour shifts every day till then.

As always Christmas day will be just me and the dog and I'll spend most of it in bed sleeping as I'll be knackered, just getting up for a wee as I'm in early again boxing day to finish sale set up, and there's always some numpty that says, as they're paying for their half price cards 'isn't it a shame you have to open boxing day'

Well if you didn't come out shopping we wouldn't be open!!

However you spend Christmas I wish you joy, good health, happiness and peace of mind :)

Aw thanks T, and a safe happy Merry Christmas to you too, all my Forum buddies, and loved ones.

Thank you everyone for all the laughs and tears that we’ve had together this shitty year, and here’s to lots of laughter together in 2021 so no matter how you’re spending it, be safe, be happy............I truly love you all ❤️🙏🥰🎄🎁🎄🎁🎄🎁🎄🎁

I can't say much more than all of you have already said but to everyone on their own, I wish you a comfortable Christmas at the very least, and spoil yourself rotten. You've worked for it, you deserve it. To everyone else, enjoy the season as best you can, stay safe and thank you all for being such lovely company this year. No big family gathering for us, just us and our "bubble", but if you believe what Captain Tom says, that tomorrow will be a better day, then next year has to be a better year.

Whatever you are all doing this Christmas just remember there is always someone worse off than you. Enjoy Christmas safely and quietly this this year and I hope we all have a Healthier and Happier 2021.oh I nearly forgot keep posting please if you can as it makes a difference to some of the members of this forum.🎅🏻🤶🏻🎄❤️

It`s been a hell of a year for most people and not just through covid. I find Christmas bittersweet now I`m older and I find my mind wandering to the many people I`ve lost, parents, siblings, husband, friends etc and I remember Christmases past with them.
It`s sometimes like an elastic band around my heart and squeezing until it hurts but then I flip it and simply delete the word "Christmas" which leaves just another "day". A day to do as I please and to see or not see the people I choose. This year means families can`t always be together in the physical sense but hopefully not for much longer.
I`ve spent excited Christmases as a child waiting for Father Christmas to come, social Christmases as a teen when you couldn`t wait to wear a new outfit and catch up with mates, hard up Christmases as a newly wed with barely 2 pennies to rub together, family Christmases with my own young children and sneaking toys downstairs past their bedroom doors in the middle of the night and getting barely 2 hours sleep before one of them pokes you awake and asking "has he been yet??". Grief stricken Christmases when my Mum suddenly passed away just a couple of weeks before and I found the presents she`d bought for people all wrapped and stacked in her wardrobe, the Christmas my late husband found out he had cancer and the following Christmas when he was no longer with us. The thrilling Christmas my DIL did a secret pregnancy test and my son told me I was going to be a Grandma for the first time.
The Christmases I worked and seeing the clients I worked with who were much worse off than me but still trying to make the most of their Christmas Day. The Christmases I was alone but not lonely and also the Christmases when I was so lonely I cried and so on.
That elastic band around my heart has stretched far and wide many times with happiness and tightened many times in pain or grief but that`s the story of my life, not just Christmas and I think its pretty much the same for all of us.
Wherever you are and whatever you`re doing or not doing over Christmas then I wish you all well. We may never meet in the flesh but we sometimes bare our souls on here and know that even if only one person is listening to us then at least we are being heard and that is a precious gift and not just for Christmas. We are ALL special !

It`s been a hell of a year for most people and not just through covid. I find Christmas bittersweet now I`m older and I find my mind wandering to the many people I`ve lost, parents, siblings, husband, friends etc and I remember Christmases past with them.
It`s sometimes like an elastic band around my heart and squeezing until it hurts but then I flip it and simply delete the word "Christmas" which leaves just another "day". A day to do as I please and to see or not see the people I choose. This year means families can`t always be together in the physical sense but hopefully not for much longer.
I`ve spent excited Christmases as a child waiting for Father Christmas to come, social Christmases as a teen when you couldn`t wait to wear a new outfit and catch up with mates, hard up Christmases as a newly wed with barely 2 pennies to rub together, family Christmases with my own young children and sneaking toys downstairs past their bedroom doors in the middle of the night and getting barely 2 hours sleep before one of them pokes you awake and asking "has he been yet??". Grief stricken Christmases when my Mum suddenly passed away just a couple of weeks before and I found the presents she`d bought for people all wrapped and stacked in her wardrobe, the Christmas my late husband found out he had cancer and the following Christmas when he was no longer with us. The thrilling Christmas my DIL did a secret pregnancy test and my son told me I was going to be a Grandma for the first time.
The Christmases I worked and seeing the clients I worked with who were much worse off than me but still trying to make the most of their Christmas Day. The Christmases I was alone but not lonely and also the Christmases when I was so lonely I cried and so on.
That elastic band around my heart has stretched far and wide many times with happiness and tightened many times in pain or grief but that`s the story of my life, not just Christmas and I think its pretty much the same for all of us.
Wherever you are and whatever you`re doing or not doing over Christmas then I wish you all well. We may never meet in the flesh but we sometimes bare our souls on here and know that even if only one person is listening to us then at least we are being heard and that is a precious gift and not just for Christmas. We are ALL special !
How wonderfully written. X

Beautiful post Vienna. I actually got a bit choked up reading that, so thank you for putting into words what many of us are probably feeling but who aren’t quite as articulate as you.

And from me to everyone on ST, Merry Christmas and all the best for 2021.

Thankyou Vienna you express so beautifully many feelings we can empathise with.We keep going and find the strength when we think we cannot go on because of those who have gone before.I would never let my parents down as I know they would be so proud of where I am today.
To all, stay safe there is still so much to look forward to.As we get older our memory bank is greater and we have been tested this year that is for sure!
To all a peaceful Christmas and a brighter 2021.

" We may never meet in the flesh but we sometimes bare our souls on here and know that even if only one person is listening to us then at least we are being heard and that is a precious gift and not just for Christmas. "
Yes, who needs the Samaritans when we can 'offload' on here. Well said V !

Latest posts

Back