Another QVC con

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
I received this about 2 days ago, possibly yesterday 17th December.

I read the normal size print, and thought it was a genuine offer.

After a few hours, I realised there was some microscopic print in the black area at the bottom, cunningly disguised so it was not easy to see it was even there at all, the print being white., all I noticed was the black strip.

So I got my microscope out, and found that you had to spend at least £20 (I expected that) but the time period was from 4th December until 31st.

In that case, why didn't they send it to me well before the 4th?

I've spent over £20 in that period and could have used the voucher, if they'd bothered to send it in time.

I really think it is a con, as 1/2 the "use by" period has already gone, and I doubt I want anything else before 31st, and the writing is so tiny, yet the letter says I can just have £5 off, with no conditions mentioned, it doesn't even refer to any.

WHAT A SHAMBLES, YET AGAIN

IMG_4751.JPG

Last edited:
I received the same card in the post, Stratobuddy. Mine arrived last Friday, 11th. I was going to buy something anyway so used it at the weekend - just as well I did because I would have missed the small print, too. First time I’ve had a random voucher like that. It wouldn’t have made me buy something if I hadn’t already been considering it.

All together now ...

🎶 ”Shambles bells, shambles bells, shambles all the way,
Oh what fun it is to laugh at QVC and say,
Hey, shambles bells, shambles bells, shambles all the way,
We‘ll just go to Amazon to spend our hard-earned pay.” 🎶

I got a similar offer but mine is from 14.12.20-10.01.21 and arrived on 15.12.20. I know it was this day because it was the same day as the Lola Rose TSV and I was going to buy it but changed my mind.

I wonder how many variations of this offer there are.

I never get a discount offer from QVC which is so annoying/disappointing since I spend quite a lot with them. I queried the vanity case one of last year with them and got really nasty emails back saying I wasn’t a ‘chosen one’ so stopped buying for 6 months in protest! I know £5 off isn’t a lot but it’s the principle of never ever ‘being chosen’ that’s so irritating 😠

Me neither Bigbean. Never had one & spend quite a lot with them, especially not being able to go to the shops now.

I received this about 2 days ago, possibly yesterday 17th December.

I read the normal size print, and thought it was a genuine offer.

After a few hours, I realised there was some microscopic print in the black area at the bottom, cunningly disguised so it was not easy to see it was even there at all, the print being white., all I noticed was the black strip.

So I got my microscope out, and found that you had to spend at least £20 (I expected that) but the time period was from 4th December until 31st.

In that case, why didn't they send it to me well before the 4th?

I've spent over £20 in that period and could have used the voucher, if they'd bothered to send it in time.

I really think it is a con, as 1/2 the "use by" period has already gone, and I doubt I want anything else before 31st, and the writing is so tiny, yet the letter says I can just have £5 off, with no conditions mentioned, it doesn't even refer to any.

WHAT A SHAMBLES, YET AGAIN

View attachment 20134
I'm not sure whether it's a con as the t's&c's are there all be it hidden at the bottom in tiny print. It's a chuffin' insult that's for sure! 5 flamin' quid? The fact that it's reached you half way through the availability window, and that you could've made use of it had it reached you in time, plus the fact the t's & c's make it even less generous that it looked at face value - Well isn't that just rubbing salt into the wounds?
I think it is absolutely disgraceful. How dare they address you as a friend & thank you for "being you".
They don't know anything about you apart from your name and that you are a good customer. If they want to reward you, or anyone for that matter for being a good customer ****** well do it!
They need to stop insulting their customers with all this insincere friendship and half heartedness. It's bullshit. They are a bunch of mean spirited b'stards who need to look up the word friend in the dictionary. While they're at it perhaps a few other words too eg, appreciation, bargain, fashion - the list could go on forever!
Strato - this needs to go on their FB page!

I was thinking about phoning their "award-winning" customer service about it, but now I have to ring them about my missing weapon torches.

They were supposed to come yesterday, but the driver had an "issue" delivering to my address. No other explanation, and no indication when (or if) I would get them. 19 days so far, and still counting!

If they come too late to "gift" one of them, I will try and get a free return label and full refund.

I was thinking about phoning their "award-winning" customer service about it, but now I have to ring them about my missing weapon torches.

They were supposed to come yesterday, but the driver had an "issue" delivering to my address. No other explanation, and no indication when (or if) I would get them. 19 days so far, and still counting!

If they come too late to "gift" one of them, I will try and get a free return label and full refund.

I've spent all morning trying to contact Hermes.

There is supposed to be a contact form online, but I've spent ages looking, the website just goes around in circles, and I never found the form.

But I found a phone number, have rung that many times, tried all sorts of button presses, most say "just go online to check" or it goes into a continuous loop asking the same question over and over.

So I then rang QVC, they had been told that there was an "issue" but had no idea what it was. The earliest delivery now would be Monday (Hermes are not even going to bother today) so I told him that was too late to "gift" it, so could I have a free return label. That would be 21 days by then, assuming it even arrives on Monday.

He said to refuse delivery, but I said they normally don't even ring, just leave it on doorstep.

He said that if that happens, to contact them again and they would send the return label, but couldn't do that now as it is still within the QVC delivery window.

WHAT A SHAMBLES (AGAIN)

If QVC have acknowledged that there is an “issue” then they should send out a replacement item, with no questions asked, because you bought the pens from QVC not Hermes. In the past, I rang them to say that I hadn’t received an item and they sent one out to me the following day. The letter arrived 10 days later.

Their practice has certainly gone down the pan over the years. We’re expected to jump through ridiculous hoops because we’ve bought something and someone has borked up. What’s happened to the customer is always right? Unless they move into the 21st century they could well disappear during the next decade, or certainly become less popular.

I don't get anything from them - no emails, no gifts, no special offers, nothing. But then they don't get much from me, either.

Latest posts

Back