Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh so Shona and the banshee are selling Downland's Mulberry silk and wool duvet, Shona says, "Mulberry Silk Triple A grade", sorry Shona but you#'re either mistaken or lying, as you are an EXPERT then it must be the latter. WE know, as according to IW presenters and guest experts, who have bored us to death with the info, only Ray and his company Arkay UK has access to triple 'A' grade Mulberry Silk, the downland must have the inferior Mulberry Silk in it. ;)

Glad to have helped, again. (y)

Surprised it has taken them this long for there own version of the teeter table

on now at a price people might be tempted

Christ Miss Precision has only been on screen seconds and we get this - "It makes so much sense they are £900 RRP, it makes so much sense when you look at the web site, it makes so much sense when you see these moving on screen, it makes even more sense when you see the quality of the Reign collection, and you'll see this as we go through the show, that they are all precision automatic, they are precision Japanese automatic movements, blah, blah blah, every single element of throughout this watch, is built to the sort of standard you'd expect to see if you were looking at a Swiss watch."

What an absolute load of horseshit.

I'll tell you what makes absolute sense, is that she either knows sod all about watches and is nothing but a lying con artist, Japanese automatic movements? The Chinese watch your looking at has a CHINESE movement in it, in fact 3 out of the 4 Chinese Reign watches on the show have Chinese movements, only one has a Japanese movement.

Helen Brumby has been around since the Shop Channel if you remember that one.

It had Dean Wilson, Antony Haywood, Dave Bradford, Debi Jones, Simon who does the cooking on QVC, and the weirdest one of them all Andy Crane was a presenter

That was around the days before ITV Digital went bust
I can't be bothered to look for it again, however earlier today through browsing one site to the next, I found a comment from 2019 about Helen saying along the lines of 'Oh she's back on IW after 6 years, all has obviously been forgiven re: Vibrapower.'

Wonder what went on there?

Dumb and dumber are hilarious the night, making absolute prats of themselves, Emma "I don't know what I'm talking about" Boydell on the Asher watch - "Yeah there is so much technical expertise building these pieces, because they are Japanese precision automatic movements, you're getting some of the most accurate timekeeping that is possible to achieve within an automatic movement."

Again, it's not a Japanese movement, it's a Chinese movement and although Sea Gull movements can be good especially in Sea gull watches, how well they will perform in non Sea gull watches by 3rd party watchmakers is anybodies guess and will depend on the quality control, but very much doubt it would be anywhere near "some of the most accurate timekeeping that is possible", and the same goes for if it was the NH35 which is in the 4th Reign watch. I highly doubt any of these watches are being regulated to any high standards, certainly nothing like COSC standards. If you do end up with an accurate timepiece have a feeling it'll be more out of luck than skill.

Oh and photo time, nae quite of the standard of ronzy75's Seamaster, but certainly better than the Reign stuff.:ROFLMAO:

IMG_20201230_220345_1-crop.jpg

Dumb and dumber are hilarious the night, making absolute prats of themselves, Emma "I don't know what I'm talking about" Boydell on the Asher watch - "Yeah there is so much technical expertise building these pieces, because they are Japanese precision automatic movements, you're getting some of the most accurate timekeeping that is possible to achieve within an automatic movement."

Again, it's not a Japanese movement, it's a Chinese movement and although Sea Gull movements can be good especially in Sea gull watches, how well they will perform in non Sea gull watches by 3rd party watchmakers is anybodies guess and will depend on the quality control, but very much doubt it would be anywhere near "some of the most accurate timekeeping that is possible", and the same goes for if it was the NH35 which is in the 4th Reign watch. I highly doubt any of these watches are being regulated to any high standards, certainly nothing like COSC standards. If you do end up with an accurate timepiece have a feeling it'll be more out of luck than skill.

Oh and photo time, nae quite of the standard of ronzy75's Seamaster, but certainly better than the Reign stuff.:ROFLMAO:

View attachment 20213
Now that is a beautiful timepiece.

hahahah Missy talking about the Reign, Morphic and Shield brands and how they have the same owner resultco - "these three collections come from the same design house, so if you're looking at somebody like LVMH, they include you know Louis Vuitton and lots of other very, very big brands, in a similar vein, we have three brands here under the same design house under the same design umbrella. blah blah"

How can you say in a similar vein, when one LVMH which has revenue of 54 billion Euros and 145,000 employees and the other Resultco is half a dozen folk, at most, renting a few offices in a small office building in a wee town in Michigan? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I see we're getting the "they've never seen anything like the drum watch" again.

Geesh, go to Aliexpress and you'll find loads of them, or better still get the original Red Star Drum watch which you can get a lot cheaper than you're copy of the design.

Miss lying her pants off, talking about the Shield Atlantis watch - "It's ISO tested and ISO approved." & "That's the same with all Shield watches."

An absolute lie, no way have they been ISO tested or approved. They may have been tested by the manufacturer for 200mtr water resistancy, but that is not the same as being tested and approved by the ISO or even to ISO 6425 standards, nothing like it.

Miss lying her pants off, talking about the Shield Atlantis watch - "It's ISO tested and ISO approved." & "That's the same with all Shield watches."

An absolute lie, no way have they been ISO tested or approved. They may have been tested by the manufacturer for 200mtr water resistancy, but that is not the same as being tested and approved by the ISO or even to ISO 6425 standards, nothing like it.
Back the heck off Hammy, you're getting your ISOs mixed up. When IW refer to ISO they mean the international 'It's Still Operating' standard. This worldwide highly respected standard means each timepiece is tested 1 week ... yes a WHOLE 7 days ... after assembly to ensure it's still working. If it is, it receives this variant of ISO accreditation.

Got it?!? Good.

;)

Back the heck off Hammy, you're getting your ISOs mixed up. When IW refer to ISO they mean the international 'It's Still Operating' standard. This worldwide highly respected standard means each timepiece is tested 1 week ... yes a WHOLE 7 days ... after assembly to ensure it's still working. If it is, it receives this variant of ISO accreditation.

Got it?!? Good.

;)

Seriously though, I'm going to give her shows a miss in future, although it can be hilarious at times, the longer she goes on the more it's not good for the blood pressure, find it truly maddening the sales pitch these Resultco brands get away with during their shows.

BTW, just read a post on the watch forum me and Ronzy75 are on, guy got a Duxot flyback chrono (they're back next Tuesday) from IW as a xmas present from his wife, while testing it out, the flyback hand worked a couple off times then flew off on the third try, needless to say it's going back to IW.

A repeat cordless Iron program on in the back ground as i get ready for the day ahead, hear Shona exclaim, she's bad news, nearly 40% of the iron has gone, so be super, super quick. Obviously didn't to be that quick as they are still in stock for the repeat. ;)

Has folks noticed how Shona speaks with an echo at times, loves to double up on her words for emphasis, like above, super, super or this incredible, incredible mattress, these amazing, amazing pillow etc.

Shona, after watching bev iron a sheet on the bed - "have to say, one of the best things about working here is our experts and show us all of these great time saving tips to get our lives back that's what it's about. We're going into a New Year, and it's all about making the best use of our time and being our best version of us."

I'm wanting some of what she's drinking, it's obviously powerful stuff.

I've noticed all the presenters are starting to use some varation of the bolded part in their sales pitch for virtually every item they are selling at the moment.

Hope everyone has a Happy, Prosperous and Safe New Year. :)

View attachment 20215

Although, it's a shame we can't celebrate New Year like normal. Will be no healthy start to the year for me, loads of food and drink in the house i'll have to consume on my own now. Ah well, will just have to grin and bear it as i work my way through this burden. ;):ROFLMAO:
It's a tough job Hammy but someone's gotta do it!! I'm on my own as well, but I have alcohol, I may tune in to IW for a laugh😳. Happy New Year to you🥳

Well Shona doing the Jane plan, on IW's be the best you can be day - "we launched this blockbuster last night and we've had an amazing, amazing (right on cue)response, 40% overall of all our stock, and that's our vegetarian and meat options, have already gone, we only launched last night. Now of the meat 40% has gone, your vegetarian 25% has gone."

I take it you didn't do well at Maths in school. :unsure::ROFLMAO:

Shona, after watching bev iron a sheet on the bed - "have to say, one of the best things about working here is our experts and show us all of these great time saving tips to get our lives back that's what it's about. We're going into a New Year, and it's all about making the best use of our time and being our best version of us."
As long as it's washed, the best use of my time is NOT to iron my bed linen ... whether it's on the bed or not :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE :)

Happy New Year, Just watching Jane Fraud sorry Plan with Creepy.

Again going on about how big the portions are, yes Jane you’ve spooned about 20 spoonfuls but you aren’t using a Serving Spoon, you are using a spoon which I have my Cornflakes with.

Then you had this guy called Richard on video going on how fantastic the food is, how much he has saved with the meals, and that he would consider eating the meals the rest of his life, nob.

It shown her eating the slop, but she puts hardly any on the spoon, then goes mmmm mmmm yummm

Latest posts

Back