Julia reveals health issue

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

diamoneek lil

Registered Shopper
Julia explains on her blog :

"Ten days later the diagnosis was confirmed, I have chronic myeloid leukaemia. It is quite a rare type of blood cancer with only around six hundred cases a year in the UK and currently it is not curable without a bone marrow transplant, but it can be controlled with targeted chemotherapy drugs. For the first three months the only people who knew were my family, who have been magnificent in their love and support for me, and my immediate boss at QVC, Mike, without whose kindness and consideration regarding shift patterns I could not have continued to work. "

She's only now telling people . I think this explains why she has not always looked her best . Yes she can be a diva, but this time it seems she has dealt with it quietly and in a dignified way and is now letting people know.

Best wishes to her and hope it all goes well.

Oh poor Julia, I remember someone being nasty and commenting on how she was looking probably at the start of her getting ill just shows how people should not judge others so harshly as you never know what someone is going through or what has happened in their life. I also remember the way she took it on the chin but clearly was hurt by it like we all would be, just because she is on TV does not mean she is made of Steele.

I wish Julia all the best and hope she fights it and kicks its arse!

Re: Julia has blood cancer

All the best Julia. I would never have guessed you were ill as whenever I saw you on air you looked well.

Pssst I am going to read your book but don't tell anyone on here. Bug**er. I just did!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Oh god thats awful poor Julia, and all her family must be devastated, life is very unfair sometimes. Im glad she has carried on working to take her mind off it and wish her well and everyone around her and those who love her on tv too, sad news can effect the person and all the ripples in the pool outwards family, friends ,work colleagues and even us on here! It automatically makes you remember people we know who have fought , won or lost battles with this disease. (Lost my dear friend 3wks ago)

Poor Julia, what devastating news for her & her family.
Wishing her well in the long journey ahead.

Julia is by far one of the best presenters on shopping TV imo, always has been for me. I admire her for giving products on Q a real good go before presenting about them. I've always found her to be dimplomatically honest too. I.e., when she says something like "My nan would have loved this", carefully deducing that what ever it is she's selling isn't quite her thing.

Bravo Julia, she's a real trooper for doing long shifts throughout all this. A very dignified lady! Best love & light to Julia, and all those who are fighting Cancer.
& Sausage, so, sorry to hear of your dear friend, you must feel devastated, BIG HUGS xx.

I read an article recently saying that if you dye your hair more than 9 times a year you have a 60% higher risk of contracting blood cancer. I have my roots done every 4 weeks. The manufacturers are investigating new alternatives that don't have the suspected cancer causing ingerdients. I know there's always scare mongering in the press but I did wonder about that. But then, there's no way I would stop & let anyone see my now white roots. Serious food for thought tho' x.

I am really sad to read this. I lost a friend to the Acute form of this disease a few years ago.

All my good wishes to Julia and her family in coping with her illness in the coming months. I do enjoy her as a presenter and will miss her a lot if she has to be away for treatment.

Wishing Julia all the best too. Having had a quick look online the prognosis looks good if the patient responds to the treatment. Hope all continues to go well for her.

QVC staff aren't having much luck with their health are they? This is so sad to read, why can cancer not just **** off and leave people alone? Best wishes to Julia and hoping she makes a good recovery from this vile illness. Atta girl, keep on keeping on...

Very sad for Julia and her family, I lost my father this way.

Is there any way we can change the title of this thread?

Sorry to hear this and agree with BarbedWire's comment. QVC presenters and models seem to have coped very graciously with this evil disease, I'd like to add my renewed wishes of hope and health to Julia, Beulah, Amica etc and anyone here suffering in silence. Sending strength and positive vibes to all.

Jude xx

The moral of this story is that our money would be better spent on a health check than silly things from QVC and other shops. At 55 , Julia probably thought the tiredness was down to the menopause.

The moral of this story is that our money would be better spent on a health check than silly things from QVC and other shops. At 55 , Julia probably thought the tiredness was down to the menopause.

WOW!

My father was checked by 4 different doctors 2/3 weeks before he died at only 68yrs, then whilst in the IC part of A&E two more doctors f***** up!!!!!!! If only life was that straight forward and how on earth do you know about Julia's actions sorry but what an awful puerile statement to make IMO!!

I just don't know what to say. Shocked and very saddened to hear this dreadful news. Best wishes to Julia and her family. XX

Latest posts

Back