Shimoyo Rubellite - thoughts?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Looks good quality but waaaaaaaaaay outside my budget. What about the necklace, Meeshoo? Are you going for it? :5:

Looks good quality but waaaaaaaaaay outside my budget. What about the necklace, Meeshoo? Are you going for it? :5:

No because I don't have any State visits lined up this year! LOL

I'm tempted to buy that awful HUGE pendant just to get it off the screen. It's like watching paint dry. Great size, lovely clarity but awful colour and who dreamt up that design? If I'm going to buy something for £4k it had better be in a design that looks like it's been designed rather than something my daughter's drawn.

Quick everybody...there's only a five minute window to get the pendant at £3,999 before it returns to the start price of £100,000.
lgh21.gif

MASSIVE hype, if you ask me. It really doesn't look sufficiently different from any other kind of rubellite to justify the huge price tag - which, presumably, is why they have to present it with a special booklet, to convince you that it really is special.

On the upside, I've just heard Tony Diniz announce that in two or three weeks' time Rocks & Co will be having PATROKE KUNZITE. Now that really is special - quite unlike any other kunzite. If you like deep pink gems - forget the Shimoyo and wait for the Patroke!

In Shimoyo Rubellite's defence, it is remarkably clean. Most Rubellite (it's a type II gemstone) has visible inclusions. That's actually what's setting this gemstone apart from Rubellite seen elsewhere.

Some of the designs were gorgeous - the twisted earrings with pear shaped Rubellites made my heart stop! But would I buy them for £1000? No way.

Some of the gemstones tonight had a wonderful colour - some didn't. I am very colour sensitive to Rubellite and if I see any tones of brown I won't buy. The ugly huge pendant was at that end of the spectrum so definitely not something I'd go for.

Rubellite is one of my favourite gemstones but I didn't buy. Why? It was too expensive. You CAN buy gorgeous clean Rubellite elsewhere if you know where to look and unfortunately for Rocks&Co I will continue to do so unless their prices drop.

As for Patroke Kunzite? Not a fan. Sorry. So I won't be waiting for that!

Gorgeous looking stone Meesh but as soon as I see the double act Diniz/Burton going into hype overdrive I immediately turn against anything they are selling. Give it 6 months and the prices will come down anyway.....when they 'find' another RARE gem to hype to the hills. :YAWN: :pPC:

Shimolo? Underwhelmed, I'm afraid. Agree with Meeshoo about the colour of the HUGE pendant. It didn't appear to have any sparkle and appeared rather dark. Even the photo on the internet couldn't do it justice.

As for the bi-coloured fluorite launched the previous night, I thought it looked dark and uninteresting. Fluorite is quite a soft stone (4 Mohs), and I would have thought it unsuitable for a ring. I have an amazing bi-colour stone I bought a while ago, and had it set into a pendant because of the softness.

BTW those bi-coloured tourmaline were not of good quality. And the designs were, sorry, rubbish.

S

Last edited:
I didn't see the hooooge pendant just a couple of rings and the colour of those looked very pretty. Why is it they try and flog ginormous pieces of gemstone that are clearly wrong?? I'm thinking of that ridiculous paraiba with a window that Everest would be proud of. :34: :pPC:

As for Patroke Kunzite? Not a fan. Sorry. So I won't be waiting for that!

Meesh! I'm shocked! Patroke kunzite is wonderful (and it doesn't seem to fade, as some kunzite can - mine hasn't, anyway)!

Still, I don't like alexandrite - so there! :) LOL

Meesh! I'm shocked! Patroke kunzite is wonderful (and it doesn't seem to fade, as some kunzite can - mine hasn't, anyway)!

Still, I don't like alexandrite - so there! :) LOL

I hate to burst your bubble but check out the enhancements page of Rocks & Co. Patroke is just as prone to fading as other Kunzite because it's irradiated/heated. Sorry.

I didn't see the hooooge pendant just a couple of rings and the colour of those looked very pretty. Why is it they try and flog ginormous pieces of gemstone that are clearly wrong?? I'm thinking of that ridiculous paraiba with a window that Everest would be proud of. :34: :pPC:

It was AWFUL Sue. Tony Diniz was saying how Shimoyo Rubellite was different to other Rubellite in that it didn't show any brown but I'm telling you, that pendant clearly had brown tones. The price started at over £100k and then took about 3 days (I kid you not) to drop to £3,999. Somebody "bought" it but the sale fell through (quelle surprise!) and it went on sale AGAIN. It was like flogging sand to an Arab. I wish I had the item number because the design was dreadful.

I've got to say that some of the pieces (there was a one off trilliant ring and the pear shaped Rubellite at the top of the programme and a pair of pear shaped earrings) were stunning. The colour was top red/purple - not too pink or brown. Some of the other bits and pieces were nice but nothing to justify the price.

The bi-coloured fluorite was "interesting" but as has been pointed out, fluorite is soooooooooooooooo soft and it shouldn't really be put in a ring. The green fluorite was incredibly dark - more bottle than green. Yuck. The cats eye Scapolite was interesting and I've bought a piece to have a look but can honestly say I haven't really been tempted by anything.

For those of you who didn't see it, Vicki "gasp" Burton kept saying on a number of occasions that pieces she'd bought from before Rocks weren't a patch on the quality she was now seeing ....... blah blah blah and at one point even Tony Diniz had to point out to the idiot that Morganite could be pale and that didn't make it any less beautiful!!! After insulting everybody who'd previously bought from GemsTV she then went on to do it again!

Bugga missed the launch, but by all accounts I'm not missing much! :lol:

Will try and keep focused to catch the 6pm show though. I'm not out to buy as I'm delighted with the 3.5ct Rubellite ring I got from rocks a while ago, but I do like looking at pretty shiny things!

OMG - the pendant is back. Item number 770 656 if anybody is interested (looks lighter in the picture than IRL).

Last edited:
Here you go ......... sold at £3,499

Attachments

• Shimoyo Rubellite Pendant 28ct.jpg
    Shimoyo Rubellite Pendant 28ct.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 295
Good grief!! :YIKES: Almost as silly as the price that the GEMS tanzy ring sold for. :rolleyes: Watching the show now I have to say the dark raspberry colour doesn't appeal to me at all, I much prefer the candy pink of the Patrioke. :pPC:

Just noticed that one or two of the Shimoyo pieces are beautiful intense pink colour, rather than the dark raspberry. Of course it's hard to tell colours on screen, but that is a much more appealing shade IMO.

Latest posts

Back