FURIOUS! Coincidence? I think not.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

M

Meeshoo

Guest Shopper
At the weekend I saw a pair of diamond earrings - just a pair of danglies for everyday wear. Exactly what I've been looking for for ages. 4 in the game and they go to £139. I'm the first to buy. Check out immediately the game has finished (you can't do it earlier in case the price drops).

I get an order acknowledgement.

Today I get a voicemail message (not even a personal call) to say "sorry but the item hasn't passed QC but don't worry, you haven't been charged for this item". In other words we don't want to sell this to you OR we've cocked up and sold too many and YOU won't be getting yours.

Does anybody think this is a coincidence that I've been less than flattering about Rocks and suddenly this happens?

WELL ROCKS - I WON'T BUY FROM YOU AGAIN WITH YOUR ***** SERVICE AND POORLY CUT GEMSTONES. I'VE ONLY HAD 2 DELIVERIES FROM YOU THAT HAVE BEEN HASSLE FREE IN THE WHOLE TIME YOU'VE BEEN ON AIR - NOT EXACTLY A GREAT TRACK RECORD IS IT? I'LL ALSO WILL BE RETURNING THE MATRIX OPAL AND WILL EXPECT AN IMMEDIATE REFUND. THANK YOU.

Last edited by a moderator:
Meesh, that's terrible news!!! Have to say, if it is any more than a coincedence, then that is truly apalling!! Poor you!

Thats just shocking! A terrible coincidence if thats the case! Surely R&C have some obligation once they have accepted your order (you have an acknowledgement) and presumably charged (or attempted to) charge your card? Are there no distance selling rules with instances like this? And surely if there were QC issues, this should have been noted on the sample when it was aired?

Give em hell Meesh, it seems they deserve it!

That happened to me at the weekend Meeshoo - lost a rubellite bracelet that dropped to £99. Was told it failed QC when they rang me.

So have lost a bracelet with 13 carats of rubellite and 6 grams of gold. Again, I was one of the first ones in.

I thought all this was supposed to be sorted now?

hmmmmmmmm - short thread but already two examples of an item 'failing QC' I wonder how many other people this has happened to and whether it's always on very low prices?

Sorry to hear what's happened, Miss Kitty and Meeshoo.

It just goes to show that no matter how good the jewellery, a bad experience with CS can make you take your custom elsewhere.

It amazes me really, literally months ago, Andrew at R&C said that all the glitches etc would be sorted early in the new year when the new system came in. We are now in May and from what i see nothing seems to have changed much at all. What hope do we buyers have? None or very little.

I remember that when an item failed QC at Gems they gave you a voucher to use against your next order.

Surely Rocks could do the same - I am v disappointed as it was such a good buy.

I remember that when an item failed QC at Gems they gave you a voucher to use against your next order.

Surely Rocks could do the same - I am v disappointed as it was such a good buy.

Hardly likely to happen, would they make any profit the way things are going :33:

Well I think the "QC" thing is a load of ......pants!! Obviously some incompetence along the way meaning they oversold IMHO. Not the first time this has happened is it?!!

I wonder if it goes a bit like this....buyers on the phone get first dibs and then by the time webbers have checked out as the game has ended- no stock is left. Bad policy imo but could explain things.

When I had checked out the presenter said "to the 5 people holding on the phone, wait there". The game had finished. Why was she telling them to wait????

Honestly, they're incompetent.

I'm absolutely seething - I can't tell you how angry I am.

QC....now I have been thinking about this...Quality Control, is that right???

......shouldn't their products have passed quality control BEFORE they go to air to sell them?? Doesn't it call into question all their cooing of 'oooo how fabby and gorge is this' because if the piece then doesn't even pass their own quality control standards....well it aint so gorge and fab is it?!?

Sorry to rant...it just makes me mad!!!

The few bits that I've recieved from rocks the quality was a bit dubious, some I kept for the sake of it but most went back, I don't think the quality is that good and the only good thing that I found was that the cs was very good, but that was the only good thing.

Totally agree PR!

Angie - I've found the complete opposite with their CS. They can't answer questions, Andrew failed to come back to me on a product that he was supposed to be sourcing for me, I've asked for call backs to sort out items - deep silence, there's no CS at the weekend, items to be shipped to my work have arrived to my home ............ no need to go on I think!

Dire dire dire and it hasn't got any better from when they started.

I can't stand the QC excuse, and would think much more of them if they were truthful. Why don't businesses understand that, or are they so afraid of peeps asking for compensation?

Argey xx

Good grief Meesh, how aggravating.
This company seem to be on self destruct, I can't believe they're still having the same issues they were so contrite about such a long time ago.
I do hope you're wrong about them targeting you in particular to miss out on your earrings, that would be very wrong indeed. One is incompetent, the other malicious.
Not that either is good, but decent CS can help you forgive the first - shame they apparently can't manage that either.
Bet you can spend that money elsewhere without too much hassle, their loss.
xxx

Sorry to hear all the trouble you are having Meeshoo, it does seem very strange, must admit I had this happen to me the item I purchased wasn't available because it didn't pass QC this was when channel first lauched so obiviously they still have the same issues and don't seem to be resolving problems - I was told when I queried this that the item had sold out not the 'not passed QC' said it was due to there computer systems allocating unavailable stock-What! yet another excuse, hasn't happenend to me since (not yet anyway) but not too happy with prices at moment so haven't ordered recently. Hope you find something else that you want Meeshoo.

hmmmmmmmm - short thread but already two examples of an item 'failing QC' I wonder how many other people this has happened to and whether it's always on very low prices?
QUOTE]

Me. Wretched blue fire opal - a ring at £249. Probably just as well, but it's not how I felt at the time. There were three, mine was the first name called and I checked out straight away. Apparently they tried to phone me, but I was out (I was) so I got the e-mail.

I'm going to contact the ASA. I've just remembered that my name was read out on air as one of the winners! Quite obviously I was one of the first 4 so should have been allocated the item.

I'll let you know how I get on. Cheers for your support guys.

Latest posts

Back