Tony Diniz - Lack of Credibility

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Stunning pieces there Meesh. I didn't watch at all last night, but after reading this thread I've been thinking what a shame it all is because this channel was so very promising at the beginning of their falling auction system. Yes, they were probably selling at a loss to suck us in (certainly worked with me), but they have seriously lost their way and I can't imagine who all these high-end buyers are now.

If I wanted to spend thousands on one piece, I'd be in a top class jewellers with the staff fawning all over me, not some silly moo screeching at me and a moaning old git telling me he was giving it away. xxxx

If I wanted to spend thousands on one piece, I'd be in a top class jewellers with the staff fawning all over me, not some silly moo screeching at me and a moaning old git telling me he was giving it away. xxxx
Tee Hee, Argey!

To look at this another way: if you went into a top class jewellers shop, heck, ANY jewllers shop and you were harangued by a fish-wife and moaned at by the Brazilian Victor Meldrew.... you wouldn't buy anything, would you!
Just another instance of how they get things back to front!!:sad:

NannieA - the Mozambique Paraiba rivals in terms of "neon-ness" if that's a word! lol I've got both Brazilian and Mozambique PT and there's no difference for great quality pieces. I'll post up some photos (sorry for all those who have seen them before) so you can see! Totally agree about Tony Diniz being a glorified salesman.

TONY DINIZ again - is now saying that the Emerald in the screen grab below is a top quality Emerald and if you had it appraised, it would be valued between £6,000 and £8,000 PER CARAT. No no no no no. Sooooo wrong!

At least he said that the lack of inclusions is what you want but this was a pale minty green and he said it was "top colour". OMG what? No it's not! Tony, perhaps you should look at the 2nd photo attached below - this is a top quality Emerald. Perhaps on your next buying trip you should take it for reference purposes?

Thank you Meeshoo - it's nice to have someone with knowledge confirm what I have always felt, but with too little knowledge to know if I was right or misguided.

Looking at pale, washed-out emeralds (however clear) always made me wonder where aquamarines stopped and emeralds began.

I have to admit I've never been a great fan of paraiba tourmaline - couldn't see what the fuss was about with most of what's on sale on the shopping channels - but I must admit that ring of yours (the first photo after the emeralds) could change my mind! It's a yummy colour.

this has been really a interesting and funny thread to read. Wow what fabulous jewellery you all have, I now see why people rave over paraiba tourmaline. You don't know what the best is till you see some. The very expensive items on Rocks and Co have always puzzled me because I thought that if you had the cash to buy these you'd want a good squint at them in real life first and to try the jewellery on before parting with money.

LOVE Meesho's PT and Gemcherub's Judy Mayfield nothing like these on shopping tv,just blue topaz lookey likey.

I suggested the use of "neonicity" as a description for neon brightness in a gemstone..... sure I heard one of the presenters (not John , Dairylea , Caroline or Vicky Burton.... I don't know the names of the others!!)use the word neonicity.... is that a woed, she said!! Good grief... I said it as a joke.... and then I hear it.... should be charging commission!

I suggested the use of "neonicity" as a description for neon brightness in a gemstone..... sure I heard one of the presenters (not John , Dairylea , Caroline or Vicky Burton.... I don't know the names of the others!!)use the word neonicity.... is that a woed, she said!! Good grief... I said it as a joke.... and then I hear it.... should be charging commission!

Well if they read this thread then perhaps they should take note of the comments that might make them a better channel, namely ...........

- Sort out their dreadful cutting of gemstones;
- Shite sales pitch;
- Untruthful sales i.e. this is the best colour blah blah blah;
- Over-priced/over-hyped jewellery;
- Moaning presenters;
- Half dressed presenters - I don't want to see tits with my jewellery thank you.

Oh and while we're at it (she says having a Victor Meldrew moment) has anybody else got the email advertising Tenner Diniz's imminent arrival? Ooooh can't wait (not)! The one where it says he's affectionately called "Fiver" - also first mentioned on here! Although it wasn't actually said affectionately but hey ho!

OK, so if you are female and a fan of Mr Diniz, would that make you a 'Tenner Lady'????

...I know, it was terrible, I'm sorry - have been itching to post it for days now, but have managed to hold it in....guess it just had to come out....I'll get my coat!!!

....and just to add, I am copyrighting that gag, so if anyone hears them using it on R and C, let me know so I can send them my invoice!!! :)

OK, so if you are female and a fan of Mr Diniz, would that make you a 'Tenner Lady'????

...I know, it was terrible, I'm sorry - have been itching to post it for days now, but have managed to hold it in....guess it just had to come out....I'll get my coat!!!

Yes, seriously bad PR but it still made me :grin:

Seems I'm missing out not being able to watch this channel on my TV :54:

Yes, seriously bad PR but it still made me :grin:

Seems I'm missing out not being able to watch this channel on my TV :54:

Nah Fluff - whoever was responsible for that should be awarded for services to humanity. xxx

Ah I see, no I don't think it's on Virgin Fluff, sorry.
(You're not actually missing very much).

Ah I see, no I don't think it's on Virgin Fluff, sorry.
(You're not actually missing very much).

Probably, but one always want what one can't have ..... or summat like that. :wonder2:

You can watch Online Fluff. Click on the R & C link above and you'll see the tab.

OMG I needed one of those after reading that! :grin:

Well, I guess, he does take the pi$$ out of us so that's a great new name!

By the way, for the itching PR, I believe you can get some cream from the chemist.

Latest posts

Back