100 summer flowering bulbs question

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

babytoes

Registered Shopper
Have any of you got flowers yet, I have loads of leaves but only two anemonie flowers. when should the Iris and Gladies flower, all the others are just leaves. On the other hand I got the 6 different clematis and they are doing well, first red flower out today can't wait to see the other colours.:flower::flower:

Hi there Babytoes,
I haven't got the 100 bulbs collection but I always plant gladdies for cut flowers each year and I don't expect flowers for at least another month, possum. :)
I think anemonies are Spring, early Summer, but you never know as things seem a bit late this year.

Thanks Dipper I used to grow them years ago but couldn't remember when they flowered.

I bought the treasure trove of 200 bulbs and there's not much happening there. I have A foxglove which means 1 out of 200 so far......

Well folks I bought a bucket of 100 bulbs from Aldi for £3.99 and a lot are through now, don't ask me what they are mind but I know gladdies are among them and are growing well.

I bought the treasure trove of 200 bulbs and there's not much happening there. I have A foxglove which means 1 out of 200 so far......

Foxgloves grow from seed Aragorn, so your actual bulb count success is in fact, err, zero! :(
Are you sure there's nothing there? A zero success rate from 200 bulbs would be pretty impressive, even by QVC standards!

I planted mine a bit late, but most seem to have come through with the freesias being a notable exception. I think the birds keep digging them up.
It's too late for the Iris's to flower this year but I have fingers crossed for the anemonies as they do seem to be growing now even if it's only foilage so far.

Foxgloves grow from seed Aragorn, so your actual bulb count success is in fact, err, zero! :(
Are you sure there's nothing there? A zero success rate from 200 bulbs would be pretty impressive, even by QVC standards!

Do you know, I did think yesterday when replying to this that I didn't remember any foxgloves being in the pack, but the item is out of stock and I couldn't check. It's obviously a stray from elsewhere then and I can't say I'm keen but the bumblebees love it so I've let it be. I've had another look today and there are a few green fronds and strands of something but it's hardly the 'carpet of colour' I'd envisaged, it must be said. :envy:

I bought the 100 bulbs and have now got about 40 through but no flowers. Not impressed so far.

Latest posts

Back