Must made my first purchase....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Earrings have arrived, had one false start though, when the DPD chappie pulled up he couldn't find my package, he search his van for a good 10 minutes. Came and spoke to me and said he'd come back after he'd delivered some of the other items.
20 minutes or so later he returned so they are now here.

As others have said you can't judge with them in the plastic bag. There's no sun here today, it's poured since at least six when grandson got us up.
I'll take them into the bathroom, that lighting generally gets things sparkling. I do love the setting though.

Will report back.

I hope they're as good as they look in the pic, Jan. The double bags are a real pain aren't they? I really, really like the design and definitely one that should be repeated with other gems. (hint Gems!)

I love the cut Jan. It's nice too to see the posts fixed to the centre instead of the top of the gemstone. Fingers crossed for you. Also, fingers crossed for us all that the sun comes out again soon and we finally get a summer.

Just caught up with this thread Jan, they look really pretty, hope they're sparkling their little hearts out!

Hello Ladies,

I'm still undecided, it's terrible isn't it?

The earrings are in a single bag on a card but the plastic is pretty thick.

I held them under the bathroom light and the 5 seconds of sun we had first thing this morning, I have to confess I never saw any sparkle. I'm asking myself if I'd pay that much for/keep them if they were CZ's or suchlike. I do love the setting and the gold looks fairly substantial in the setting. I've even considered cutting a little hole in the bag to try to get a true feeling of the gem, LOL.

Decisions, decisions, decisions.

Jan.....I'm in the same boat too!!

I bought some trilliant ice zircon earrings and dunno whether it's the crappy weather or the plastic bag but I cannot get mine to sparkle either!!!

Don't think mine were as pricey as yours though,but it's the bling look I want and I'm just not sure:wonder2:

The sun is starting to peek out here so will have another go in a bit.:)

Hello Sweetpea,

It's a quandary isn't it?

You're right about wanting the bling look and not being sure.

Have you made any headway?

10 days to decide is a bit short as far as I'm concerned.

I usually know within 5 minutes Jan so 10 days is about 9 days, 11 hours and 55 minutes too long for me :grin:

Whilst Ice Zircon should be as sparkly as a diamond, the cut you've bought (square step cut) is more likely to throw off flashes of light (maybe with some colour). They won't perform like a round brilliant cut diamond that has lots of tiny colour flashes because the cut doesn't allow for that. Look for the blocks/flashes of big light as you move the earring around in the bag. If they're not doing that then send them back!

Latest posts

Back