Online Auditions? Car Crash Viewing!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

My wife and I happen to think the new presenter is lovely. She's improved a hell of alot in the last two weeks and she's clearly selling alot of stock. We think you are very mean and you obviously have far too much time on your sad hands be writing such a long winded message in a shopping channel forum. My wife thinks you are jelous because you are probably very ugly compared to the lovely girls that present the show.

You are as transparent as some of the gem stones on Rocks! You have obviously come on here to defend her as you are her friend or colleague. I don't blame you and she may well be a lovely person. But I'm sure you have shouted at the telly when an actor or singer came on who you think really shouldn't be doing that job as they do not have the relevant skills and just got it from knowing the right person. A normal viewer would not care whether she was selling any stock. Someone who works for Rocks and Co would! If alot of stock is going when she is on, then it really isn't down to her as her sales skills are weak and certainly no better than anyone else you have ever had on and fell by the way or been given the push. She can't even manage to finish her sentences most of the time, as she has no idea what she is really talking about. As for improvement over the last 2 weeks, all she has done is work on her fake shocked face with the addition of "oh my word" every other second. You can't teach someone how to have a personality.

People write long winded messages about something they feel passionately about and clearly the inept presentation skills of Tania have struck a cord with some viewers. As for the jealousy card, that is what people say when they can't think of another way to defend someone.

A friend of mine works as personal manager of artists and represents 1 or 2presenters who have worked on shopping channels etc and agrees that Tania has very little to no screen charisma and does not connect with the viewers and in terms of a skilled or natural presenter is very low down.

Well done to her for managing to blag herself a job and fooling the relevant people at Rocks.

This may sound mean but the truth hurts!

My wife and I happen to think the new presenter is lovely. She's improved a hell of alot in the last two weeks and she's clearly selling alot of stock. We think you are very mean and you obviously have far too much time on your sad hands be writing such a long winded message in a shopping channel forum. My wife thinks you are jelous because you are probably very ugly compared to the lovely girls that present the show.

Perhaps Rocks & Co should seriously take a long hard look at themselves instead of allowing employees who clearly need an education coming on here to defend the indefensible? What sort of company allows it's employees to on here and attack people for speaking their mind?

Perhaps Rocks & Co should consider that the people on here represent the general buying public and our views are no different from others. We just happen to write our thoughts on a public forum. Just type Rocks & Co into Google and you see that our thoughts are very high on the search hit list. That means we reach potential new customers - how does it look to them when we, the consumers, are attacked for speaking as we find about a company? Actually how does it look when Rocks & Co allow their employees access to this forum to spout vitriolic spurious garbage and personally attack others for having a different opinion?

Grow up Rocks & Co. Behave like an honourable company.

Just type Rocks & Co into Google and you see that our thoughts are very high on the search hit list. That means we reach potential new customers - how does it look to them when we, the consumers, are attacked for speaking as we find about a company?

That is such a brilliant point Meeshoo.

I can give a personal example of how what we say can easily affect a new buyers decision whether to buy or not. If I am buying from a company for the first time, I always look for reviews about them on the internet. Back at Christmas, I was looking for an aftershave which my husband loves but is very hard to get here. I searched online and found a few companies who had it and one in particular who had it a very good price (it's not cheap!). I was about to order when I decided to have a look for reviews of the company. I am so glad that I did! I found a load of complaints about non-delivery of goods after payment had been taken. Obviously I didn't order from them and went elsewhere. The same could apply here because as you quite rightly said, ST comes high in the list when you do a Google search for "Rocks & Co" and anyone reading through some of the posts here would be mad if they didn't go elsewhere too!

Great post Mrs! :up2:

I was channel hopping the other evening and happened to land on this unfortunate presenter. I say unfortunate because I really think that Rocks are doing her a tremendous disservice (sorry spelling??) by allowing her to continue as a presenter. This will do her career no good at all - I feel that she should be taken off and given proper training - particularly about the gems, as she seems to have very little knowledge about them.

She was presenting an emerald ring - the greens were very emerald, just what you'd expect from an emerald. The lovely emerald greens were just beautiful. we had several very 'pregnant' pauses while she thought of something else to say - all in all I felt very embarrassed for her.

Definitely not doing the company any good at all!!!!!!!!! IMVHO.

I was channel hopping the other evening and happened to land on this unfortunate presenter. I say unfortunate because I really think that Rocks are doing her a tremendous disservice (sorry spelling??) by allowing her to continue as a presenter. This will do her career no good at all - I feel that she should be taken off and given proper training - particularly about the gems, as she seems to have very little knowledge about them.

She was presenting an emerald ring - the greens were very emerald, just what you'd expect from an emerald. The lovely emerald greens were just beautiful. we had several very 'pregnant' pauses while she thought of something else to say - all in all I felt very embarrassed for her.

Definitely not doing the company any good at all!!!!!!!!! IMVHO.

I agree it isn't doing her career any good although I expect she is just happy to have the job.

My husband and I remember a new presenter appearing a few months back who seemed knowledgeable, down to earth and fun, not your glamour puss type, short dark hair. Where's she gone she was really good? Also what happened to Paul and the posh bloke Alex? Graham do you have any news on what happened to these presenters?

Also what happened to Paul and the posh bloke Alex? Graham do you have any news on what happened to these presenters?

Don't know the "posh bloke" but thank goodness that Paul 'rare rare rare' Bridges and his leather trousers :sicsmile: are well and truly gone from our screens!

I must be one of the few people who doesnt mind Paul Bridges I was wondering if he'd gone. Also I was watching the woman this thread was about the other night I thought she was ok did repeat herself a little. I dont know why they have to mention celebs wearing the ring etc, surely women dont buy rings for that reason they buy because they like the design etc. Thats something that really annoys me going off the subject a little but they are all doing it on the shopping channels (Posh likes this shade of lippy) and the ones selling holidays (go to Paris and you might see some famous people) Who cares maybe its just me

I have still not bought from this company - but I do enjoy watching their prices come tumbling down from the dizzy heights of 'I don't know where' - to the dizzy heights of total idiocy. I cannot believe that the general public - of which I think I am a pretty good representative - can possibly afford a lot of their products.

However, to have a little giggle before I go to sleep I often turn onto this
channel before I go to sleep to see if the blonde bombshell is still repeating, repeating, repeating, repeating herself .... not finishing her sentences... continually telling us how many items are left .... etc etc etc. She does seem to have some knowledge of the gems, definitely, and she splurts it out in little bits in between all the other dross she is splurting. I still think she
is a total disaster - sorry. She has been there quite a while now, but no improvement in that area at all IMVHO!!!!

Yes she's still there,saw her last night, no big improvements to be seen. Its funny, the presenters that they test that are decent dont stay, yet the ones who are rubbish are kept??

Yes she's still there,saw her last night, no big improvements to be seen. Its funny, the presenters that they test that are decent dont stay, yet the ones who are rubbish are kept??

Maybe the good ones cost more money Twinny so they stick with the cheap and nasty - except John of course!

Could also be that when the time for redundancy comes - the 'old' ones will be safe and they'll get rid of the dross - wouldn't be many left then would there?? Hehehe :tongue2:

Latest posts

Back