Presenters Redundant following Live Channel Closure

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm not sure Rocks and Co would be bothered. They don't exactly get a good press on here - but that's their own doing. If they are allowing their employees to act in such a way that it (eventually) brings their company into disrepute it's reprehensible.

I'd like to thank Graham for being proactive as always and for sharing this information with us. Also, a big thanks to Fraggs for the swift action. :up2:

Rod Jinks and Drew Nicholls ! rod to you i wish you well i remember bidding and getting a couple of rings from ya! and to drew hope you will find somthn better , ur both great and i feel you will find what your looking for give it some time ..best wishes to you both!

The old Scottish bird is last as usual to this thread!!! :whew2:

I can't believe I missed all the excitement but it's just as well really or the Argey bird would be jumping up and down in Meeshoo's granny knickers celebrating me breaking my promise!
G-Big-Knickers-1254370.jpg

I would just like to say a massive well done and thank you to Fraggle for kindly disposing of our "friend" from Rocks & Co, a massive well done to Meeshoo for her replies to the "rude one" and well done also to my fiend I mean friend Argey for her sense of humour.
2.gif
Oh what a lovely day it is today - it's peeing down with rain, but we're alive so it's all good!
3.gif

:sun:4 Days, 1 Hour and 7 Minutes :sun:

'Ere Klos, them knicks seem to 'ave a somewhat masculyne receptikule, or is it for a spare leg? xxx

Wow - just been catching up on this thread - cant believe how it all kicked off! Sorry you were the subject of some pretty nasty comments Meeshoo - you have always been so helpful to me with my questions and i like the fact that you are honest but always very fair. Just cant understand why some people cant accept others have a difference in opinion about a topic without resorting to mudslinging and hurtful personal comments! Methinks they may have had a touch of the old green eyed monster! Glad the offenders have been banned now.

'Ere Klos, them knicks seem to 'ave a somewhat masculyne receptikule, or is it for a spare leg? xxx

Ha ha ha I never noticed that! Thought I was lucky to find any at all - have you ever tried Googling "Granny Knickers"?? :Laughing1:

OMG i've just finished catching up with this thread, I cant believe how rude and obnoxious some peeps can be, I ve found everyone on here really helpful and fun, Meesh, I hope this idiot wont stop you posting Rocks and co seriously need to look at the type of peeps they employ, but good oin ya hun for not taking the carp they were giving you big hugs xx

Whoa!

Exactly WHEN did this topic become an issue that I was having with Graham? Amazing! Actually I believe that Graham has a vested interest and is entitled to ask questions as this site promotes shopping telly - that doesn't mean that GemsTV are obliged to answer but I can understand Graham wanting to at least approach them. Also, if he gets whiff of a channel having difficulties and maybe closure then of course he should dig around. I would never suggest otherwise.

What I will add is that look how many ridiculous posts there have now been speculating that GemsTV is going to close - whenever redundancies are announced this happens. No wonder GemsTV are reluctant to tell us what's happening!

HOWEVER ..............

I took exception to a forum poster emailing GemsTV demanding to know what was going on! To me that is not only bad manners but incredibly naive.

In terms of UK Law, GemsTV can confirm they are making/have made redundancies but cannot, without the express permission of the individuals, name the people involved. If those people don't want it to be public knowledge then GemsTV would get sued if they did name them. For some people, redundancy is a huge shock, leads to financial pressures and can be an incredibly stressful time so why the hell you think they should think about us during that time is beyond me. I know some of these people personally and certainly WOULD NEVER expect them to say anything at all unless they chose to do so.

If those individuals want us to be told, then so be it. I find it incredulous that people on here think they have a "right" to be said goodbye to or be told somebody is leaving!

meeshoo i posted the thread you are talking about and my words were that they (Gemstv) could at least give their customers the courtesy of informing them of what was happening instead of the presenters disappearing into the ether like as we know many have i agree that it is not up to Drew and Rod to let us know anything, they (Gems )inform us of births marriages etc which is just as private, all they (Gems) had to say live on air is that Rod and Drew were moving to new jobs it would have got rid of all this speculation but i reiterate i did not demand i dont have the right on a subject like this to demand anything

Latest posts

Back