Please Mr director tell Catherine

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Please Mr Director tell Catherine

It is rude not to let guests speak, on telly or elsewhere.

How must they feel having travelled all this way and then having to listen to all these great I AM'S. talking total twaddle. Huntley, Franklin, JR to mention the worst.

they should be made to read this forum every single day.

Having said that, Sara is definitely growing on me, she has turned into a well informed lady of great charm. and is looking lovely.

I'd have thought the guests would have something to say if they felt the presenter didn't allow them to "sell" their products. The sales would be a measure of how well things went. I didn't see this show and CH would have put me off watching but Joseph Esposito is an interesting guest and I like his jewellery. I feel sorry for him being lumbered with gushing Catherine.

I like Catherine a lot,she's probably just so greatful to have landed such a cushy gig ,that her enthusiasm and verbosity comes over as insincere.But she has yet to make me cringe with embarrassment or angry and irritated,like the Keenan,Roberts,Young triumverate of hags!

The difference is,even when Catherine is irksome,i'm not bothered by it because she doesn't pretend to be queen of the world,so for that reason I cut her some slack.

It is rude not to let guests speak, on telly or elsewhere.

How must they feel having travelled all this way and then having to listen to all these great I AM'S. talking total twaddle. Huntley, Franklin, JR to mention the worst.

they should be made to read this forum every single day.

Having said that, Sara is definitely growing on me, she has turned into a well informed lady of great charm. and is looking lovely.

Totally agree Ruthmay, did anyone see the show yesterday with JE & CH, Joseph actually got the chance to speak and was very interesting, especially about how his silver doesn't tarnish. I wonder if someone did read our posts!!:thinking2:

Totally agree Ruthmay, did anyone see the show yesterday with JE & CH, Joseph actually got the chance to speak and was very interesting, especially about how his silver doesn't tarnish. I wonder if someone did read our posts!!:thinking2:

I missed it, can you please tell my how his silver does not tarnish?

After reading this thread I wonder if when CH Tweeted the other night she was down was after reading this....Rather OTT and personal these comments I think, but thats my opinion

I missed it, can you please tell my how his silver does not tarnish?

Hi star, what I heard him say was that their silver is different and does not tarnish as it has no nickle (which most don't now) or copper in it. It will be good if it's true as I've just ordered a snap chain and the swirl pendant.

After reading this thread I wonder if when CH Tweeted the other night she was down was after reading this....Rather OTT and personal these comments I think, but thats my opinion

Chuntley should consider it as a work appraisal, and reflect and learn from these comments like every other professional!

Feeling down my arse,I have absolutely no sympathy, shes not out working a 50 hour week like some poor peeps, just to scrape a living:thinking2:

They're not personal comments, Di. They relate to the way she behaves when she is on screen, when she is doing her job.

They're not personal comments, Di. They relate to the way she behaves when she is on screen, when she is doing her job.

For a salary that we pay handsomly through the goods that she gushes over. Has anybody else noticed that they've cut her out of the craft shows lately - thank heaven. I personally like craft but had resorted to switching off when she was on - sick of all the "in" jokes and the fact that she's a "close" friend of Dawn. Keep it professional or give it up - that's my opinion

P

IMHO Catherine is one of those people, who think they can make <B>anyone</B> like them, by saying and doing things that they think will appeal to them. And then get peeved when this isn’t the case.:devil:

Chuntley should consider it as a work appraisal, and reflect and learn from these comments like every other professional!

Feeling down my arse,I have absolutely no sympathy, shes not out working a 50 hour week like some poor peeps, just to scrape a living:thinking2:
I don't follow the logic that because she doesn't work 50 hours a week to scrape a living that she's not entitled to feel down about anything. We know very little about what's going on in her life so how can we judge?

There is silver you can get that does not tarnish it's argentium silver. It is now being sold in the half price jewellers shops. It is supposed to be the new generation of silver. I got the impression that JE was implying that it is exclusive to him and his company, however it is quite interesting to read up on this type of silver. Just google argentium silver.

For a salary that we pay handsomly through the goods that she gushes over. Has anybody else noticed that they've cut her out of the craft shows lately - thank heaven. I personally like craft but had resorted to switching off when she was on - sick of all the "in" jokes and the fact that she's a "close" friend of Dawn. Keep it professional or give it up - that's my opinion

P

Whoever was on with DB on Tues mentioned that Chuntley was annoyed that she had not presented crafts for a while.

Thank goodness CH has not presented craft so much recently. I am a crafter and like to watch the craft shows to see new products and sample cards, given up on actual demos as there is never enough time. However nothing induces me to watch if Catherine is on with Dawn for the reasons Aranlady has stated. Her behaviour took me back to the school playground when " I'm her bestest friend not you" etc was to be heard. I also think DB was getting fed up after a while, she definately seems happier with the male presenters even if bossing them about.

Thank goodness CH has not presented craft so much recently. I am a crafter and like to watch the craft shows to see new products and sample cards, given up on actual demos as there is never enough time. However nothing induces me to watch if Catherine is on with Dawn for the reasons Aranlady has stated. Her behaviour took me back to the school playground when " I'm her bestest friend not you" etc was to be heard. I also think DB was getting fed up after a while, she definately seems happier with the male presenters even if bossing them about.

As a fellow crafter, I have to agree. She's really annoying and in-yer-face with DB. I'm not a huge fan of DB actually but I have learned a great deal from her and she is talented and I respect that....

I agee Artemis. I am not a huge fan of DB either but she does have a lot of crafting knowledge and brings a lot of products to QVC that I am interested in knowing more about and buying when I can afford to.

I don't follow the logic that because she doesn't work 50 hours a week to scrape a living that she's not entitled to feel down about anything. We know very little about what's going on in her life so how can we judge?

The point that I was making BB is that everyone has stressors (not a typo) in their lives but Chuntley workwise has it a damn sight easier than some poor peeps!

I don't dislike catherine.I did in the begining - I actually thought she struggled with the job when she firsted started.

However,I have seen her confidence grow - and thats evident in her clothes,hair etc.I just think shes so overjoyed at landing herself a job a qvc,she obviously thinks its a bit of a special job - and good luck to her - I just think she wants to be there and do her best.

I'd much prefer to listen to her compared with someone like AY - at least catherine feels grateful for the job - unlike AY who just thinks its her god given right.

Sara is my favourite but shes seems so little under used.She doesn't even update her blog very often.

Latest posts

Back