do you particularly stay up for tsv launch...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Not anymore....used to years ago, but now i tend to check online in the morning. Like the others if there's a good one coming up LE,OPI,Smashbox then usually we all get to know about it before hand and cheat order :cheeky:

If I am at work I sneak a peek on the web either just after 12 or during the night,if I am not that interested then I dont usually bother until the next day.......sometimes I like to see what the hot picks are incase I am interested,I work 3 nights aweek so sometimes order via the web to be sure to secure my order
I tend to only stay up at home if I am really after something,like kipling,l'occitane or yankee candles,or around Christmas if theres something special I want

As a chronic insomniac, staying up doesn't enter into it, I'm always wide awake, but I can't say I ever tune in for TSVs these days, since they seem to be mostly crappy ones, and absolutely not worth viewing. Only ever bought beauty stuff from them, and the days when there were real bargains to be had in this area are long gone. I now buy my beauty stuff elsewhere, from Jayne or Beauty Expert, Salonskincare, HQHair, or Bath & Unwind. I simply refuse to pay extortionate p&p charges for extremely slow delivery, and will not, on principle, order more than one item when I'll be charged p&p for each separate purchase, that's just taking the p*ss.

As a chronic insomniac, staying up doesn't enter into it, I'm always wide awake, but I can't say I ever tune in for TSVs these days, since they seem to be mostly crappy ones, and absolutely not worth viewing. Only ever bought beauty stuff from them, and the days when there were real bargains to be had in this area are long gone. I now buy my beauty stuff elsewhere, from Jayne or Beauty Expert, Salonskincare, HQHair, or Bath & Unwind. I simply refuse to pay extortionate p&p charges for extremely slow delivery, and will not, on principle, order more than one item when I'll be charged p&p for each separate purchase, that's just taking the p*ss.

Yep - well said.

The only time I stay up for a TSV is Laura Geller, other than that I just wait till the morning if it's something I'm interested in - but more often than not I'm just not 'into' TSVs anymore. I have started to shop around more and look for bargains elsewhere - I used Salonskincare for the first time yesterday to buy some ABC Tea Tree stuff for my other half, and it worked out cheaper than QVC, Amazon also sell it now too. I use MyPure and Tesco Nutri Centre for all my Akin needs, and Liz Earle's website and CS are far superior to QVC so I buy direct from her...

I hardly ever go to bed before 1.30am - I simply love the peace and quiet when everybody else has gone to sleep! My Mum's the same and my Gran was the same before that, so it's a family habit. I get up at 7.30 to get to work by 8.45 but I often have a 15 minute nap after work. I rarely watch the TSV launch on TV unless it's craft, LE, Yankee or Tignanello like last night, but I'll often have a peek online if I'm working on the computer.

I used to set the alarm to get up at midnight if it was Philosophy, Gatineau, Smashbox, MB,BE, etc. My husband thought I was barmy as I sneaked out of bed. I am pleased to say that those days are long over. I can't remember the last time a TSV got me excited. In fact it takes a lot to get me excited these days.

I used to tune in at midnight when it was MB, L'Occitane, Smashbox, LE etc. But don't bother now. That's down to:

this forum getting the details way ahead of the launch
the TSVs are now same old same old
usually only want one or two items from TSV
can get it cheaper elsewhere

and the main reason - I have wised up!!! :nod:

Ashamed to say (as my name should suggest lol) that I used to stay up habitually and check. Particularly if a beauty one as my weakness.

However, nowadays I really am pretty well behaved and may just check in online to view what the TSV was if I am home late or else at breakfast on TV.

What happened that they lost addicts like me??????

Ashamed to say (as my name should suggest lol) that I used to stay up habitually and check. Particularly if a beauty one as my weakness.

However, nowadays I really am pretty well behaved and may just check in online to view what the TSV was if I am home late or else at breakfast on TV.

What happened that they lost addicts like me?
?????

They got complacent, and expensive....:nod::nod:

if you watch the 11 pm prog, around 11.30 - 11.45 they usually have a quick preview with the presenter for the TSV, and they sometimes give you an idea of the price ie. under 30 pounds. So at least if the amount is well over your spend limit, then you can switch off an up to bed well before the clock strikes 12.

I only stay up for the ones I know I will definitely want (some helpful person usually having given details in advance on here). These tend to be the popular beauty ones such as LE and SB. I will probably stop up to watch the Mally one. I also stop up for Kipling (unless I know for sure I won't want it from details on here).

i used to stay up for the late lamented Molton Brown (those were the days), can be tempted by Honora. but there has been so much god awful tat on lately such as the Attititudes by Renne creation that a tsv had lost its allure

I used to always tune in when Carol Smith or Donna Dewberry had TSV's and i always parted with my money!
But these days it a case of if i see it, I see it and not even the craft shows these days rarely get me to watch let alone buy

Never!:nana:

I used to in the very early days, when QVC had the most excellent TSVs; Aveda choc full of litre sizes and styling products too, Liz Earle when the contents were full sizes along with a good quality bag..... those were the days.......OOOHHH the anticipation was glorious, and the feat of trying to get through on the phone lines, there was no QCut or Red button ,it was so satisfying to manage to order one!:wheel::cash:

Now the products are of a much lesser quality and value, so I dont bother waiting up, anyhow the wonderful sazza and SCW do such a sterling job of squirelling out the numbers in advance for us there's rarely a need to :clap::clap::clap:

I can't remember the last time I styed up for a tsv, not since the very early days of qvc.

I do think the tsv's these days are more like just indrouctury (sp) prices.Most seemt to have about a fiver off....not much of a "bargain" really...

Sometimes, but only for jewelery or beauty, particularly if it's Julia or Alison presenting.

Well I'm going sit up tonight to watch the Mally TSV.

I have just got to see what has burst Love Akin's plumbing. :grin:

:devil:

Latest posts

Back