Y.B.F. Beauty by Stacey - TSV - 30/08/08

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The colours look really murky - is it made in China?

Julia looks dreadful in that red ensemble - and of course the ubiquitous black flip-flops. Hair is also a mess. Think the years have now caught up with her. :p

Oh, just put it on now, Julia looks like shes been dragged through a hedge backwards! Stacey looks lovely (even with the hair curlers in!).

I've just checked Julia out on-line, and I think you are being a bit harsh.

She is what she is - a middle aged, rather dumpy woman, with a pretty face and bubbly personality. I dont think there is anything wrong with her outfit, its just the body that is wrong and she probably has difficulty finding decent clothes to flatter (not flatten!) her shape.

Granted her hair could do with taming, but it seems the trend among most women presenters to have longer hair - she started the trend, so perhaps she could lead the way to a shorter, tidier style?

Linda

I have no problems with her outfit, it's the fact that her hair looks like it hasn't been brushed that I was commenting on.

I don't mind the length of her hair when it is nicely done but the way she has it tonight just looks messy.

:eek::eek::eek:
Parabens !! Going thru everything now, wondering if I should chuck out all the paraben ridden stuff ??? :confused:

I wish QVC - Alison - would be consistant with her policy - either pro mineral oils/parabens/preservatives etc or have a more natural policy. One minute they are moaning about mineral oils - the next they are selling them. I have begun to take it all with a pinch of salt. I used to think they had morals/standards but now I think they will just sell anything. One minute they want to provide professional standard beauty products - the next they are selling Mario De Luigi and Prai Beauty. It is all ****** b....ks.

I don't think there is something wrong with QVC selling products that contain parabens alongside those that don't. The choice is up to you, and as a consumer this is the exact choice you have in places like Boots etc.

I would kill for Julia's hair. :)

What I do think is wrong is that they make a huge point of saying when a product doesn't contain something - but keep quiet when it does. I always thought Decleor and Gatineau did not use mineral oils - but some of their products are loaded with them. The difference with buying from Boots or similiar and QVC is that you can stand in a shop and read the ingredient list - and put striaght back on the shelf if you do not want.

I don't think there is something wrong with QVC selling products that contain parabens alongside those that don't. The choice is up to you, and as a consumer this is the exact choice you have in places like Boots etc.

I would kill for Julia's hair. :)

I agree, however, it is very misleading of QVC....if you switch on in one hour and the beauty expert is professing how much she believes or more to the point rejects certain ingredients, it is fair enough for a viewer to assume this is something that is taken across the whole department...unlike in Boots, or even a lot of websites, QVC do not publish the ingredients, CS never know and it takes weeks to find out...more often than not it comes down to buying and reading on the back of the bottle.

Between QVC and certain ranges (eg LE) they sail very close to the wind - I had thought LE had a very natural product and have been surprised that there are a fair number of chemicals in there.

I agree choice is down to the consumer and although more people are moving away from parabens and trying to get as "clean" a product as possible (ie without chemicals) QVC should either make the information more available or point out that it is not something that runs through the whole range...I know I have bought loads of ranges - especially Elemis - thinking it was a very clean product and was surprised how much of a wrong impression I have been given.

Another message they constantly and consistently throw out is alcohol in products drying out the skin and how bad they are...then SBC come on and they forget all about it. It is misleading and very irritating.

I adore the colour of Julia`s hair and I think she is great and looks happy and content. I havnt always been a fan but she has grown on me and perhaps she likes her hair as she can tie it up. Its beautiful hair but i personally think it would look great in a longer bob but its her head not mine.

As for the cosmetic hype then we all have a choice here. I wont ever ever wear anything on my skin that has been made in China. I dont trust the ingredients and they mass produce everything on such a vast scale and charge a fortune for it. Models prefer make up is like some stuff called Constance Carrol which was cheap and nasty stuff and a dime a dozen but because its made by an ex super model ybf or models prefer is hyped up and its really rubbish.
I stick with European made stuff myself as its quite scary what they add to some brands in order to mass produce it and whatever you put on your skin enters the body and the skin is the largest organ and breaths and is porous.

I agree, however, it is very misleading of QVC....if you switch on in one hour and the beauty expert is professing how much she believes or more to the point rejects certain ingredients, it is fair enough for a viewer to assume this is something that is taken across the whole department...unlike in Boots, or even a lot of websites, QVC do not publish the ingredients, CS never know and it takes weeks to find out...more often than not it comes down to buying and reading on the back of the bottle.

Between QVC and certain ranges (eg LE) they sail very close to the wind - I had thought LE had a very natural product and have been surprised that there are a fair number of chemicals in there.

I agree choice is down to the consumer and although more people are moving away from parabens and trying to get as "clean" a product as possible (ie without chemicals) QVC should either make the information more available or point out that it is not something that runs through the whole range...I know I have bought loads of ranges - especially Elemis - thinking it was a very clean product and was surprised how much of a wrong impression I have been given.

Another message they constantly and consistently throw out is alcohol in products drying out the skin and how bad they are...then SBC come on and they forget all about it. It is misleading and very irritating.

I agree with every word you have said!

:eek::eek::eek:
Parabens !! Going thru everything now, wondering if I should chuck out all the paraben ridden stuff ??? :confused:

If you do there will be nothing left!
There are more alternatives around now than a few years ago, if you have the budget for it.....

But the alternative deoderants I belive still leave alot to be desired. As seen on the channel 4 programme,how toxic are you, last year.

Last year there was an article from Liz earle about them, it may be in her blog archive or something, however I found this:

http://uk.lizearle.com/index_2.php?userpage=factsheetpreserve

which probably includes the same content.

For any one whos interested that channel 4 programme also went on alot about Sodium Laureth Sulfate, which I also checked into at the time. I found this article which turned out to be from the wholefood cooperative we went to when I was a child.

http://www.dailybread.co.uk/information/Sodium_Laureth_Sulfate.pdf

Ingredients in products is a subject I'm really interested in! And I totally sympathize with your comments. But, I think the presenters have to just sell whichever product they're presenting as best they can, and that means leaving some things unsaid: let the buyer beware. I agree that it is very confusing at first to find that some items in a range are 'clean' and others aren't: I fail to see why this cleanness can't be carried across all the items in a range! I, personally, think ingredients lists should always be published: if they aren't, they aren't for one reason and one reason only: the company is not totally proud of all of the ingredients in their products, if they were, they'd trumpet it!!

The colours look really murky - is it made in China?

Julia looks dreadful in that red ensemble - and of course the ubiquitous black flip-flops. Hair is also a mess. Think the years have now caught up with her. :p

lol, the red outfit was from the Michelle Hope hour she presented before the
8pm show. She is looking fabulous tonight presenting the Lee Sands hour.

Hadn't realised it was one of the geriatric barbie doll's creations. ;)

Better tonight, but still do not like the hair - and those manky old flip-flops again! :rolleyes:

If you do there will be nothing left!
There are more alternatives around now than a few years ago, if you have the budget for it.....

But the alternative deoderants I belive still leave alot to be desired. As seen on the channel 4 programme,how toxic are you, last year.

Last year there was an article from Liz earle about them, it may be in her blog archive or something, however I found this:

http://uk.lizearle.com/index_2.php?userpage=factsheetpreserve

which probably includes the same content.

For any one whos interested that channel 4 programme also went on alot about Sodium Laureth Sulfate, which I also checked into at the time. I found this article which turned out to be from the wholefood cooperative we went to when I was a child.

http://www.dailybread.co.uk/information/Sodium_Laureth_Sulfate.pdf

People do come up with a lot of rubbish about parabens/chemicals etc in skincare - I think this article by LE shows her characteristic common sense. After all, as she has pointed out before, even water is a chemical.

Hadn't realised it was one of the geriatric barbie doll's creations. ;)
Better tonight, but still do not like the hair - and those manky old flip-flops again! :rolleyes:

:D:D:D She also looks like the racy sister in Keeping up Appearances!

On the subject on Stacey I do like the way she uses T-Callers' comments for marketing ideas. Why bother paying a professional to do it for you!? Julia looked very uncomfortable in the final hour when one rang in and said the stuff was like 'skin tonic' and Stacey got all excited and asked if they could use it for their skin care range they are launching next year. You could tell Julia was wanting to say to Stacey that there is already a well established brand on QVC selling Skin Tonic.

I think the only pure/chemical free ranges QVC sells are Living Nature and possibly A'kin. I know LN (which they launched on Saturday) is very pure but boy does it stink! I tried it years ago (before they repackaged it and whacked the price up!) and the moisturiser and cleanser smelt vomity to me. Not a nice smell to have under your nose all day ... but maybe they have changed it now. Can't say I got good results from it though and I think it's over priced these days in comparison to what they used to charge.

I do like A'kin however :D

Latest posts

Back