Gold'n'Ice

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thanks Dinbat - no offence taken sorry if I implied that. I totally agree with what you say about them ranting over the years about costume jewellery and fake diamonds and now that's exactly what they're selling! It is so very sad how this channel have gone from hero to zero over such a short space of time. I know everyone harps on about it but it was a very sad day when they let Steve Ashton go. Now they're just a bunch of hypocrites!

I only saw this for the first time today....I know, I am ssoo behind the times!!! I thought it was right naff!!!!!! Gems used to be so fab! Great quality, great price, lovely genuine gem jewellery that was accessible to everyone. It seems that since Steves Bennett and then Ashton left things have spiralled, and now they are pedalling the kind of cack that you can get for a fiver in any old high street shop - not even specifically a jeweller - for 10 times the price!!! What next? A thread about how this carp turned someone's finger green???

Last edited:
And to bang on about this again, in the good auld days, gemstv mantra was "we are the only shopping channel that sells REAL gems and gemstones!" and all the Matt McNamara clips telling us that Zircon is NOT cubic zirconia!!!
Now Sally Morgan and her jewellery are no longer sold - its open arms to Lilly Allen and Aleisha Dixon range of costume jewellery, as well as they faux crystal crip that they are now selling. Now with all the handbags, belts, pashmenas, jewellery boxes and jewellery mannequins that they are standing, plus the hidden treasures and the bronze frogs, and not to forget the Iron Fairies, is it not time, that they changed their name - they no longer sell just gems - they should call the accessorize and the occassional gem! even more so now they are selling moissanite and that gold and ice stuff too. (and funnily, when the banner comes up selling that gold and ice, it doesnt mention that it is not real diamond, or a look a likey type of esque stone! it had me pondering as to what it was! The prices are more expensive than buy an actual diamond!

Angeline has just started the latest Gold n Ice show with a very big announcement that this is especially for all the customers who asked for this range during the day as they missed out previously as it was on at night. the way she was talking made it sound like they were flogging off the crown jewels! all this fuss & drama for some CZ?!

i know it's not down to her but how they've told her to do it - presumably - i wonder how comfortable she actually feels with all this?

Angeline has just started the latest Gold n Ice show with a very big announcement that this is especially for all the customers who asked for this range during the day as they missed out previously as it was on at night. the way she was talking made it sound like they were flogging off the crown jewels! all this fuss & drama for some CZ?!

i know it's not down to her but how they've told her to do it - presumably - i wonder how comfortable she actually feels with all this?

i am surprised that the presenters dont choke every time they metion this gold and ice - if its a man made stone akin to cz, then they should hang their heads in shame! especially with all the effort they put into Matt McNamara making sure that we the "customers" got the message that cz doesnt deserve to be on this planet - and thats why the little piece of cz got thrown into a lake! Every time i read of a new range of COSTUME jewellery, i get this little mental image of Delboy and Rodney, with their suitcase at Peckham market! dont ask me why! lol xxxx

James actually said "lovely jubbly" the other night, I couldn't help laughing out loud to myself. xxxx

if its a man made stone akin to cz, then they should hang their heads in shame!

Please correct me if I'm wrong, as I haven't actually watched any of these shows, but betcha it's not just like CZ - bet it IS CZ! Just like diamonique, diamonelle and all the other "best ever" diamond substitutes out there...

Saw and advert for this, this morning 8.35 am - the woman talking over the showing of the jewellery - says nothing about this being man made/created it just says about all the beauty at a fraction of the price - now it is misleading - because if you were a first time viewer you would seriously take this to be diamond, or may be glacier topaz, etc. They need to state more clearly that this is a stone akin to Cubic Zirconium! or are they so ashamed with themselves for flogging this?

Latest posts

Back