"Stocking filler prices"?!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MissMagpie

If it sparkles - grab it
Despite criticisms, I still watch Rocks & Co and I buy from them, as they have some stunning deisgns and a great variety of gesmtones. Some of their prices are reasonable once more, while others remain astronomic. But I was horrified when a demantoid garnet recently went to £1,499 and one of the presenters described it as a "stocking filler price".

Pardon?! Even had it been the bargain of the century, £1,499 would not be a stocking filler price for the vast majority of viewers of this channel - maybe it would be for Colleen Rooney (if she's watching), but not for the rest of us. Sure there is clearly a market for it - it was a very pretty ring, and I think someone did buy it - but R&Co risk losing customers if they send out the message that the channel is primarily aimed at those for whom 1.5k is small change.

Me three - honestly are they having a 'dig' at us 'normal' people and implying that maybe we aren't actually good enough for their glorious channel??? Only people who have a safe hidden behind a priceless Picasso, or someone with money to 'waste' are the sort of people they want buying their precious bling??

I have to say that I did take exception to that 'title' for those particular sessions. Stocking Filler's indeed......!!!!!

you lot are all cheapskates!!! My DH had better not fill my stocking with anything less than £2000!!!

Ooh I've just woken up from my dream that we'd won the lottery!!!!!!

Ann

I thought when they were describing £99 as a 'stocking filler' price they were being ridiculous, but THIS!!!! :eek: Someone must have very expensive stockings:D

Whenever I have watched this channel and the bald man is on, he talks to me as if I am something on his shoe because I can not afford the ring that he has given to the channel from his own collection.

Latest posts

Back