"Stocking filler prices"?!        

Post Thanks / Like

Default "Stocking filler prices"?!

Despite criticisms, I still watch Rocks & Co and I buy from them, as they have some stunning deisgns and a great variety of gesmtones. Some of their prices are reasonable once more, while others remain astronomic. But I was horrified when a demantoid garnet recently went to 1,499 and one of the presenters described it as a "stocking filler price".

Pardon?! Even had it been the bargain of the century, 1,499 would not be a stocking filler price for the vast majority of viewers of this channel - maybe it would be for Colleen Rooney (if she's watching), but not for the rest of us. Sure there is clearly a market for it - it was a very pretty ring, and I think someone did buy it - but R&Co risk losing customers if they send out the message that the channel is primarily aimed at those for whom 1.5k is small change.

Post Thanks / Like

i agree there is no way that 1499 is a stocking filler price

Post Thanks / Like

Me three - honestly are they having a 'dig' at us 'normal' people and implying that maybe we aren't actually good enough for their glorious channel??? Only people who have a safe hidden behind a priceless Picasso, or someone with money to 'waste' are the sort of people they want buying their precious bling??

I have to say that I did take exception to that 'title' for those particular sessions. Stocking Filler's indeed......!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Ludicrous price for stocking fillers!!

Post Thanks / Like

you lot are all cheapskates!!! My DH had better not fill my stocking with anything less than 2000!!!

Ooh I've just woken up from my dream that we'd won the lottery!!!!!!

Ann

Beady Belle Guest

I thought when they were describing 99 as a 'stocking filler' price they were being ridiculous, but THIS!!!! Someone must have very expensive stockings:D

Post Thanks / Like

Whenever I have watched this channel and the bald man is on, he talks to me as if I am something on his shoe because I can not afford the ring that he has given to the channel from his own collection.

Post Thanks / Like

Stocking filler prices are 20-30 at most....so tjc is the place to look.