Rocks and Co to leave Sky Platform

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I echo what Klos has said up there ^^ TJC seem to have got most of the boxes ticked at the moment. Rocks & Co started off fine, but have seemed to have got it very, very wrong in recent times, as have Gems TV. I really liked R&C when they first started, but they've shot themselves in the foot time & time again, as have GTV. TJC not only have the best line up of presenters (soon to be made even better with the arrival of John Scott) but they seem to have a range of products that really suits everyone.

I always thought TJC sold lovely items but did buy a lot more from Gems as their prices were more affordable this was when I first started watching.Some things from Gems didnt always look as I remembered on the screen when they arrived e.g stones looked much more paler than they appeared and I would send some things back.Eventually I bought some items from TJC and when they arrived they always looked as they appeared on screen so I kept them.I think with the advent of so much competition TJC has become more competitive my niece recieved a silver ring with platinum overlay with little fire opals and even that looked great.I think some of the items on rock & co look lovely but I could never watch for long as sometimes it felt like listening to childrens tv.I believe from what I have read on here that TJC could do with improving on customer service.I have not had any major problems but dont think people would post here without cause.I have dealt with personal shopper once and a lady called Anita couldnt have been nicer or more helpful and I recieved my item in good time.There are times when TJC can overdose on Tanzanite or Diamonds but good excuse to switch off and do something else.I suppose there is always the danger that if others go to the wall then prices might climb but in this current market I think companies will have to remain competitive or people will go elsewhere or wont buy.

in R&C's defense i am cutting them some slack- because i have ordered many, many things from them- all of which have been as described, look the same if not better than what they do on-screen (unlike GemsTV) and quite a few of their prices are very competitive, so it's not all bad, and i'm guessing as soon as they have a solid foundation again they'll return to sky, and perhaps a permanent slot on virgin too.

so, good luck all at R&C.

Hi all
I am sorry that R&C is leaving Sky. It looks like they are going to sort out their CS problems by having everything less than one roof. I like the style of R&C jewellery, just thought that it was too expensive, quality was lacking at times and information too confusing to make an informed decision to buy. I hope that R&C go back to offering reasonably priced good quality jewellery.
I also hope that they will come back to Sky or Virgin when their company is stronger and give Rocks TV / Gems TV a run for their money.
I don't have freeview so it’s the web for me!
I wish all the people at R&C the very best for the future.
Sapphireblue

Hi all dyslexia had struck again! this is what I meant to say!
I am sorry that R&C is leaving Sky. It looks like they are going to sort out their CS problems by having everything under roof.

Sapphireblue

Completely agree with all you gals say. My info is that Sky costs £20,000 a week and Freeview costs £60,000pw.If this is accurate then it isn't making much sense but Ihave my doubts as to their veracity,if they say they are closing down completely no-one will buy anything else from them in case they lose their money.

Hi all

As others have said it does sound to me like to me like the joint operation with JML has come to an end hence new studio's call centres etc and why no longer to be on SKY. I had always thought it was a JML owned EPG slot ( like half the shopping section )as they bought it after ibuy closed it's doors. I didn't think sky were issuing new slots and that they had to be bought when another channel left so perhaps this is why they cant get straight back to sky. You would have thought though that they would have sorted this well in advance though to keep continuity, it doesnt give shoppers confidence does it.

C

Latest posts

Back